What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your teams Football Club?

fish eel

Immortal
only if you cant read, write, use a phone or the internet....
that is seriously no excuse.
are all parra fans except 1,000 geniused or something?

How many people rock up to newcastle home games each week? Almost 20,000? Half of them must be geniused as well.

yobbo84

Coach
Hellsy said:
A CD??

What is on that? Theme songs or something?

Yeah an mp3 of Glory Glory was on there, with photos, Wallpapers, Screensavers, etc and an interactive flash guide thingy to membership/season tickets and introducing Telstra Stadium.

Hellsy

Immortal
Sir Rabbit said:
[I'm pretty sure we have around 9,000 members at the moment.]

That is REALLY impressive, that is a huge interest in the club!!!!!
Well done Souths fans!

Hellsy

Immortal
yobbo84 said:
Yeah an mp3 of Glory Glory was on there, with photos, Wallpapers, Screensavers, etc and an interactive flash guide thingy to membership/season tickets and introducing Telstra Stadium.

That sounds great!!! Interesting idea for other clubs :D

yobbo84

Coach
Hellsy said:
That is REALLY impressive, that is a huge interest in the club!!!!!
Well done Souths fans!

It was around 20,000 in 2002 when we were first re-admitted!! Gees we failed to capitalise on the surrounding good-will BIG TIME! Oh well, the only was is up...

Sir Rabbit

Juniors
I'm also a rabbits member. I knew we had a few members but 9000 is impressive.

I think in the AFL, how many football club members you have has a direct link to how much funding you get from the governing body. This makes clubs try very hard to drive membership up.

Something like this might be an idea for us?

bazza

Immortal
macavity said:
merely asked a question...

seriously, Parra, one of the best supported clubs, and only 1,000 members? something wrong there, what is it?

I don't think the club activily encourages people to join. As Hrundi said - get too many members and it makes it harder to get re-elected to the board.
Hellsy has been trying to recruit members for Parramatta over the past month. Initially she sent out a PDF of the application form with 2 signatures for referer and seconder. Apparently the club will not accept this - apparently getting too many may have caused a few nervous nellies (or dennises)

strider

Post Whore
Yeah I think some people in this thread are talking different types of memberships.....as I see it the options are:

1) Football Club Membership (actual running of the club issues)
2) Supporters Club Membership (this is where u usually get the plastic novilty items and stickers etc)
3) Leagues Club membership (getting into the leagues club and all the drunken enjoyment that brings :D )

Hellsy is talking about Football Club Membership ..... I'm sure Parra would have a million supporter & leagues club members .... and yes some may be geniused - but at least they are NOT rude smartarse dickheads.

bazza said:
I don't think the club activily encourages people to join. As Hrundi said - get too many members and it makes it harder to get re-elected to the board.
Hellsy has been trying to recruit members for Parramatta over the past month. Initially she sent out a PDF of the application form with 2 signatures for referer and seconder. Apparently the club will not accept this - apparently getting too many may have caused a few nervous nellies (or dennises)

Which is totally at odds with running a healthy club?

What happens when the pokie tax kicks in and the grants from the leagues clubs aren't as great?

macavity

Referee
fish eel said:
How many people rock up to newcastle home games each week? Almost 20,000? Half of them must be geniused as well.

so u have been to EAS then.... :lol:

eelaholic

First Grade
strider said:
Yeah I think some people in this thread are talking different types of memberships.....as I see it the options are:

2) Supporters Club Membership (this is where u usually get the plastic novilty items and stickers etc)
3) Leagues Club membership (getting into the leagues club and all the drunken enjoyment that brings :D )

Hellsy is talking about Football Club Membership ..... I'm sure Parra would have a million supporter & leagues club members .... and yes some may be geniused - but at least they are NOT rude smartarse dickheads.

I think this is a reason why some clubs maybe down on membership numbers. It is easy to assume that if you are part of a supporters club or leagues club then you think you are a member of the football club. Perhaps it might be the case that the football club is not very much so "public knowledge" (so unless someone like hellsy takes the initiative on themselves does recruitment in her own time without even being asked) then you wouldn't even know it existed in the first place!

In saying this, admittedly, parra can do so much more for their fans, but for some reason, choose not to. Which is why it is good to join the football club and gain the voting rights

brook

First Grade
To be honest the fact that Parramatta membership numbers are roughly equal to Balmain's should be a concern for parra fans

The board members would LOVE that situation I'm sure but it doesn't put much pressure on them to be accountable for their decisions.

Hellsy

Immortal
Those are my thoughts brook.

When I found out we had lost members this year I thought I'd try my hand at recruiting

Caged Panther

First Grade
strider said:

I'm pretty sure that the structure of Panthers is such that if you are a member of the leagues club your a member of the football club, ie they are one and the same. That puts our membership at about 60, 000+

Hellsy

Immortal
I've got 118 people so far... will see how far I can go!

I'm having fun talking to people anyway :D

Latest posts