What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Tigers player of 2018

Tiger Ted

Bench
No.He was pillows Galloway the born again christian
I drove past the reverend a few wks ago.He was seated & wearing a high vis vest outside of a construction site @ Mitchell Rd Alexandria.Geez he was lucky to not have been born 20 yrs earlier.Imagine the pussy coming up against Dallas Boyd Davo Roberts Kelly the blocker etc.Truth is he would never have made grade in those belligerent days !

Tiger Woody

Juniors
I drove past the reverend a few wks ago.He was seated & wearing a high vis vest outside of a construction site @ Mitchell Rd Alexandria.Geez he was lucky to not have been born 20 yrs earlier.Imagine the pussy coming up against Dallas Boyd Davo Roberts Kelly the blocker etc.Truth is he would never have made grade in those belligerent days !

Agree..Use to love the way he pushed himself into the middle of a blue...Knowing nobody is allowed to punch him.....
Him and his pink handbag and bald head..
Would have loved to see Dallas Donnelly and Bruce sloth Gibbs sledging him and players like Klemmer and Hargraves before a Lidcombe game......shitting their pants.
West Magpie forwards and Wests Tigers forwards these days,chalk and cheese.

Tiger Woody

Juniors

I bet he had the STOP sign as well and NOT the GO sign......peaheart he was.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Nup.. not going to Knock Heinghno .
Underated player .. beats a lot of the crap we have had since by a long shot !

Seen lots worse I suppose.....but gee he was a plodder and in the right place at the right time...in 2005.
Still remember him making a break against Broncos in 2005 semi final and having no idea what to do,until Princey raced up beside him and called for the ball..lol

macnaz

Staff member
Seen lots worse I suppose.....but gee he was a plodder and in the right place at the right time...in 2005.
Still remember him making a break against Broncos in 2005 semi final and having no idea what to do,until Princey raced up beside him and called for the ball..lol
Well there ya go .. he was probably the last 2nd rower at WT's to make a clean break.. to be far he found open space many times through breaks or massive efforts to support others.
As far as his playing style goes id put that more down to Tim Shines as he hasnt done it at other clubs.. The Sharks fans would all speak highly of him id say.

macnaz

Staff member
Watch "Wests Tigers - Chris Heighington" on YouTube
Watch the highlights everyone ... we could do with a young Heighno clone.
As i said he was sooo underrated.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Garner looks good so far mate

Garner seems ok so far,has more strings to his bow than no neck heighington...
Good highlights,but always seemed to have 15 or 16 on his back.......Good benchie . Only started games when we had injuries.

simmo05

Bench
Garner seems ok so far,has more strings to his bow than no neck heighington...
Good highlights,but always seemed to have 15 or 16 on his back.......Good benchie . Only started games when we had injuries.
A good benchie for sure, wouldnt mind seeing him put some beef on in the off season. Not lolo beef, maybe 5kgs

Thommo is my player of the year. Been great at fullback and on the wing. Pity he isn't 15kg heavier and a foot taller. He'd be an origin player. Has not shied away from doing the tough stuff at all.

Wingers seriously deserve more money. The amount of hit ups they have do from their own end would almost certainly be more than the forwards. They don't have to do as much defence as they forwards but when they have to it's a much more complex assignment.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Thommo is my player of the year. Been great at fullback and on the wing. Pity he isn't 15kg heavier and a foot taller. He'd be an origin player. Has not shied away from doing the tough stuff at all.

Wingers seriously deserve more money. The amount of hit ups they have do from their own end would almost certainly be more than the forwards. They don't have to do as much defence as they forwards but when they have to it's a much more complex assignment.
I was watching Corey in the 2nd half last week in that debacle against the Dogs.
The guy was all over the field trying to install some life in a teams flat display.
Side to side he was trying to show others what had to be done.
A real good team man and great low cost buy

Russell Coight

Juniors
We're splitting hairs here

Brooks is by far the most improved. Not gonna lie, I thought he'd be better this year but not this good. Might win Dally M even

Marsters has been a gun all year and probably only played a couple of bad ones, made NZ test team and looks likely to stay

Thompson may not have the skill of other wingers but makes up for it in effort areas and heart

Benji is hot and cold but hes been extremely positive for us, and I reckon without him Brooks wouldn't be playing the way he is

Chee Kam is finally showing his potential, albeit his defense still needs work

I also think Mats is starting to come to his own, hes been really good the last few weeks

Tiger05

First Grade
MCK has really come on hasn't he. He isn't a big edge player who busts the line through power and size but he has pace and footwork for a big man. He has been great for us this year.

Vic Mackey

Referee
MCK has really come on hasn't he. He isn't a big edge player who busts the line through power and size but he has pace and footwork for a big man. He has been great for us this year.

MCK got mucked around a bit early in his career getting moved to center. In the 20s he was a gun back rower. He also looks like he prefers the 80mins as opposed to being an impact player like Aloiai. Seems to be very well liked an popular amongst team mates which is always a good sign. Great to see him finally fulfilling his potential.

Latest posts