What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Top 8 and Grand Final Pick

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
One prediction I will make, Penrith without Barrett will be off the pace, bottom half of the 8 for mine. Their chance at a premiership was last year
They are a tricky one. They have lost some talent but also have some guns in Staines and co who should add some strike. I do feel they are slightly lesser a team than last year but in saying that Cleary is just getting better and better as is Luai. They didn’t have the best GF but would have learned from it. If they go to another level the panthers will be up there as there aren’t a lot of great halves pairings atm. They could also stagnate or even regress so who knows.

Noddy said Titans top 4. He’s dreaming.

No depth, everyone will be targeting their marquee.

I’m thinking the knights may have a show with Frizz and Blake. They have a pretty good coach.

Last edited:

Belta

Juniors
Melbourne
Canberra
Penrith
Roosters
Gold Coast
South’s
Manly
Warriors

My guess of the top eight (with very little confidence), 8;& 9 were the hardest, parra manly and Warriors are capable, it’s the Warriors who are the biggest enigma, who fail to turn up, but I think maybe this year they’ll win enough to scrape in and it was a toss up between Parra or Manly either could go on a winning streak and finish higher up. Gold Coast are my smokies, having said that last year I predicted Brisbane would be in the mix on the back of their forwards and they finished last so I certainly won’t be betting my house based on my predictions.

Unfortunately I can’t see the Dragon doing better than 12th

Melbourne
Canberra
Penrith
Roosters
Gold Coast
South’s
Manly
Warriors

My guess of the top eight (with very little confidence), 8;& 9 were the hardest, parra manly and Warriors are capable, it’s the Warriors who are the biggest enigma, who fail to turn up, but I think maybe this year they’ll win enough to scrape in and it was a toss up between Parra or Manly either could go on a winning streak and finish higher up. Gold Coast are my smokies, having said that last year I predicted Brisbane would be in the mix on the back of their forwards and they finished last so I certainly won’t be betting my house based on my predictions.

Unfortunately I can’t see the Dragon doing better than 12th
Inclined to agree. Dragons main problem is an ordinary forward pack. Don't know about the top 8 but the top 5 very well could be Penrith, Souths, Melbourne, Canberra, Roosters, not necessarily in that order. Hope Dragons creep into top 8, new coach may work some magic with a limited squad.

TruSaint

Referee
1...Dragons

2...Rabbitohs

3...Tigers

4...Eels

5...Panthers

6...Titans

7...Sea Eagles

8...Broncos

Grand Final.....Dragons 19 Over the Rabbitohs 18

LinearTeemingHumpbackwhale-max-1mb.gif

FlameThrower

Bench
Can’t see us making the 8 for starters...
South’s / Roosters / Storm / Panthers as top 4,

Titans the big improvers

Bulldogs / Manly / Knights and Us will fade in and out of games.

Warriors & Cowboys are unknowns ...

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
Ok, I guessing the Dragons will struggle in the first half of he season with many young players and players gain experience in FG, and older players trying to return to FG standard.

I think it will take some time for our coaches to get the team to gel and we will see the success in the second half of the year. So, I expect the Dragons to finish 10th this year.

1. Panthers
2. Raiders
3. Souths
4. Storm
5. Roosters
6. Gold Coast
7. Knights
8. Manly

Crush

Coach
Ok, I guessing the Dragons will struggle in the first half of he season with many young players and players gain experience in FG, and older players trying to return to FG standard.

I think it will take some time for our coaches to get the team to gel and we will see the success in the second half of the year. So, I expect the Dragons to finish 10th this year.

1. Panthers
2. Raiders
3. Souths
4. Storm
5. Roosters
6. Gold Coast
7. Knights
8. Manly
On the coaches, I heard today that the players are already over them and not enjoying themselves. Say the club has lost its SGI feel and is more like a Queensland club now.
I say suck it up players! You don’t have to be happy, just try winning some football games.

Latest posts