What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your'e favourite match of all time

Parra_Eels

Bench
i'm gonna say round 16 2001 Brisbane vs Parramatta at ANZ. i was there and it was awesome wearing my parra jersey as there were more of us there that night than broncs fans. least favourite a toss up between '98 preliminary vs dogs or '01 gf

SaintTPP

First Grade
Game in 1999, semi against the Sharks, leading 8-0 halftime, lost 24-8 fulltime, awsome match great atmosphere.

Love the 1997 ARL Grand final between the knights and manly.

My fav regular season game would be knights vs dragons at aussie stadium in 1999 or 2000, cant remember the year, but the lead changed 3 or 4 times in the last few minutes.

Eddie.

Bench
Beating Parra at Parra stadium in 2000 in front of 20000, Down 12-0 at halftime a great comback win 18-16 with the parra kick from the sideline going just wide after the fulltime hooter.

This might sound dumb as a "favourite game" but losing to Penrith 32-31. For a 15 minute period after half time thats the best ive ever seen my team play, scored some stunning long distance tries. They then decided to play the worst they have ever played for the last 20. It was an epic though.

azza

Juniors
1994 semi-final Raiders v Bulldogs. The Raiders lost in extra time after having 2 or 3 shots at field goals hitting the post (of course, we had our vengeance two weeks later :D).

Tommy Smith

Referee
2000 Semi vs Knights. 16 nil down at halftime. That prick Darren Albert playing up to the camera thinking they were already through to the GF. Well they wouldve been but for one of the best halves of football you'll ever see by an individual from Fredy Fittler. The highlight being the intercept off an Andrew Johns pass. Also Luke Philllips amazing tackle on Sean Rudder. What a game!

Grand Final: Broncos vs St George 1993.

Origin: Game 3 2001- alfies comeback.

Regular Season: 2002 round 7- Broncos 18-Knights 12 (Broncos were behind and were so gonna lose then tallis got sin binned and the crowd fully went nuts and the broncos fired up and went on to beat the unbeaten knights to go top of the league and we shouted abuse at knights fans the whole way home and it was awesome to see 35 year old alfie langer own the supposed best player in the world.)

Goldthorpe

Bench
Tri-Series Superleague

Date:19-May-1997
Venue:QE_II
Attendance: 35570
Referee:B.Harrigan
Half-Time: NSW 6, QLD 10

NSW 23 beat QLD 22

Noel Goldthorpe kicked a field goal 65m out in the 134th minute.

JoeysWheelchair

Juniors
92, 93, 97, 98, 00, and now 04 Grand Finals.

Alfie's return in the origin.

I see Langer's return has now started a trend with other teams looking for retired, or older players to make come backs in an attempt to rejuvinate their teams in hope of a Langer-like effect. Everybody knows no one can match that true champion.

Phillips

Referee
cant remember what round but it was in 1997 with parramatta defeating Manly, with John Simon getting 3 field goals

AdamH

Juniors
Eddie. said:
This might sound dumb as a "favourite game" but losing to Penrith 32-31. For a 15 minute period after half time thats the best ive ever seen my team play, scored some stunning long distance tries. They then decided to play the worst they have ever played for the last 20. It was an epic though.

This is my favourite game! I was there and the Tigers were awesome... Craig had a Field day ;-) Hicksy saved us with some amazing sideline conversions and T Puletua was at his rampaging best!

greeneyed

First Grade
1989 Grand Final .... obviously the best ever Grand Final ever and probably the best ever game ever. Incredible game. Any suggestion that last year's Grand Final is better or that 1997 is better is ridiculous. The people concerned obviously never saw the 1989 Grand Final or have an agenda.

Big Mick

Referee
Penriths 32 - 31 win over Wests was a great game.

My fav would be the 2003 grand final.

In those conditions both sides played exceptional and the better team won. It was brilliant.

stoof

Juniors
Penrith v Bulldogs this year and last year at Penrith both exciting games and either team could have one..

skeepe

Immortal
For sheer satisfaction with the result, can't go past two matches:

Raiders 68 Parramatta 0
Raiders 66 Easts 4

For a good, close game there have been some great ones that I've seen, but nothing beats the 1989 grand final.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
My favourite matches:

Parramatta def Newcastle 30-16 (SF), Parramatta 1999
Parramatta def Canterbury 25-12, Parramatta 2000
Parramatta def Dragons 32-12, Parramatta 2001
Parramatta def Canterbury 24-16 Showground 2001

also my fav non-parra matches:

Newcastle def Manly 22-16 (GF 1997)
Roosters def Brisbane 16-12 (SF), SFS 2002
Penrith def Roosters 18-16 (2003 Grand Final)