What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yow Yeh's Ankle

3duggali

Juniors
That looked horrible hope the diagnosis isnt too bad. Would expect him to be out for at least 10 or more weeks.

BDR

First Grade
will be at least season, those injuries can have bad complications as well

poor kid

Lowdown

Juniors
Skin was the only thing stopping his foot from being torn off. Definite season ending I reckon and hope nothing worse than that.

Cletus

First Grade
I almost spewed. That was terrible. Can't imagine he'll play again this year.

Mr Saab

Referee
Thats a bad one. Reminds me of some soccer player some 4-5 yrs ago (maybe more) whose foot was hanging on my some skin.

Slackboy72

Coach
Compound fracture eh? You could tell it was bad the way everyone was pointing at it with the look of horror on their faces.

seanoff

Juniors
he might be lucky to play again.

saw one of those in the AFL, bloke can hardly walk. Jason Snell. compound break of the ankle and leg. f**king horrible.

"He can take his dog, Bodhi, for a walk, provided it lasts no longer than about 20 minutes. He can do the shopping, and park his car at university confident he will be able to walk inside. "Plus," he said, "I've got a great right-foot hop."

There are days when the ankle swells or stiffens so badly that he can't bear to walk on it, or when he finds himself some way from home, on foot, and has to find a way back. Snell visits a podiatrist, to make sure his shoes sit as they should, and wears a compression sock - mostly because nerve damage means he can't feel parts of it, and also because normal socks sit uncomfortably and . . . "just hurt a little bit".

perverse

Referee
I didn't see it. Did it look worse than Cameron Ciraldo's from a few years ago?
the bone actually breached the skin in yow yehs case, and by a long way from what you could see. it was lower on the leg, near the ankle... and underneath his sock, but there was plenty of blood.

i hope he recovers well. that was very sickening.

Pretty sickening. More than likely his career. No one likes seeing that, especially when it happens to a young fella with so much potential

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Sickening injury, he'll struggle to come back from it given the way he plays the game. Hopefully it isn't as bad as it looked.