What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yow Yeh's Ankle

Goddy

Juniors
Disastrous for Jharal and the Broncos. Yow Yeh was a superstar in the making. Pray to the Football Gods that he still is.

Dude his lower ankle is completely disconnected from the rest of his leg. Don't call me a doctor, but thats going to take much more than just two months to recover from.

Sleep

Juniors
That's awful. Hodges grabbed his head and made him look away. It's a long, long way back from here. There will be significant injury beyond just the bone.

BDR

First Grade
I broke my ankle once and was back playing within 2 months. depends how good he can recover

Are you f**king stupid? A compound break means the bone pierced the skin. That means that he possibly has multiple breaks, his leg musculature is probably damaged and his connective tissue is probably messed up beyond belief.

Compound fractures also carry a very high risk of infection which can lead to some very miserable complications. This type of injury has caused people to lose their leg and has caused athletes to stop competing.

If it is truly a compound fracture (and the pictures say it is) then Yow Yeh has a long way to go before he can even walk unassisted again, let alone step on his foot or take a tackle. It's not just a "broken ankle".

gypsy

Bench
But it is a broken ankle BDR. still, i think he is likely to miss origin this year.

Louiethefly

Juniors
I just hope he is able to use his leg properly again, never mind playing footy this year. I feel so bad for the bloke, and I hope his recovery has no complications and is as smooth as it possibly can be.

gypsy

Bench
I just hope he is able to use his leg properly again, never mind playing footy this year. I feel so bad for the bloke, and I hope his recovery has no complications and is as smooth as it possibly can be.

well said. i remember Gasnier ruptured a pec in the Charity Shield one year.
Initial diagnoses had him sidelined for about 5 months, yet he was back playing
just inside 20 weeks. Who knows, Jharal may also heal quicker than expected.

Danny Cipriani in Union suffered a compound fracture/dislocation to his right ankle a few years ago, I'm not sure if it was as serious because I'm not a doctor (it looked exactly the same and his ankle was basically off and turned the other way. He was injured in May and was back for October.

DannyCipriani3.jpg

So if the injury is the same there is chance you can recover, lets hope for Yow Yeh's sake it's not as serious as we're all thinking and he can return to good health, if not his league career

In Yow Yeh's case I notice one of the players puts his head back and makes him lie down so he can't see his injury, who was that? He deserves a pat on the back for his good thinking.