What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

Exactly this. "Bending" the rules to get an advantage in signing a player for less coin. If the NRL agrees with this then, what else will happen to their "get out of jail" rules?
Yep, every man and his dragon (or tiger) will be setting up a cunning scheme.

Bunts cunning scheme… mmm…that didn’t age too well!

“How to screw your NRL club over” article…probably on the dark web somewhere.

With a foreword by Latrell, endorsing the insights therein.

Last edited:
Let's face it, he has 2 years left on his contract. He should not even have to think about anything else but playing good footy for the 2 years and get paid good coin. If he does not have an option to go somewhere else this would have gone away no questions asked. He obviously has hence why the kaos. Do you honestly believe nobody be it his manager or another club has not been in his ear to leave the club and join them? If you have no option you put up and wait as there is nothing to think about but play for the 1 club. If the NRL cave in that is pretty disrespectful to the player as the rules are in place they should not be changed to suit others when they need to. Parra knew he would cost 850k so suck it up and lose a player or 2 if you cannot afford him. They cannot have their cake and eat it.
It's hard to argue with your points, in fact I mostly agree.
Nov 1 must be a running joke in the RL recruitment world and the NRL does nothing.
Of course he was in contact whilst under contract, initiated by either Parra or Lomax manager, but who in their right mind would offer Zac anywhere near what he was on with us?. But he was still determined to leave & requested a release 6 times.

Flanno knew if he applied the same rule to Zac, as Hunt, Dragons would be stuck paying massive overs for a centre playing in any position, because no club would take that hit on salary cap.

He doesn't want to be here fine. Lets see if you can get the same money elsewhere. You happy for mutual contract termination? YES!

If NRL impose 850 on Parra cap then Lomax basically has no job for 2 years. Too harsh a penalty even for an A'hole.

Lomax can't be motivated by money.
there is something else.

jeffdragon

Bench
It's hard to argue with your points, in fact I mostly agree.
Nov 1 must be a running joke in the RL recruitment world and the NRL does nothing.
Of course he was in contact whilst under contract, initiated by either Parra or Lomax manager, but who in their right mind would offer Zac anywhere near what he was on with us?. But he was still determined to leave & requested a release 6 times.

Flanno knew if he applied the same rule to Zac, as Hunt, Dragons would be stuck paying massive overs for a centre playing in any position, because no club would take that hit on salary cap.

He doesn't want to be here fine. Lets see if you can get the same money elsewhere. You happy for mutual contract termination? YES!

If NRL impose 850 on Parra cap then Lomax basically has no job for 2 years. Too harsh a penalty even for an A'hole.

Lomax can't be motivated by money.
there is something else.
He might end up with a new coach when Arthur gets the sack.

Trifili13

Juniors
If Parra get some sort of exemption, then the salary cap is more of a joke than it already is. Lower ranked teams have to pay overs, but higher ranked teams which already get the benefit of paying unders, want a further dispensation so they can fit a player that was overpaid by a lower ranked team into their salary cap.

Dragons4me

Juniors
It would be funny if the NRL agree to this and the Roosters swoop in and get him for 700k or whatever they are offering as I believe they are keen but not on the price of 850k.

No what would happen if the NRL allow it is Lomax accepts a lower price for the books but it will allow the richer clubs ( and you and I know who they are, hey senor!) to make up the rest post-career and away from the spotlight.
Also we will never know the real truth nor the real amount.

Last edited:
If the story is true, he’s copping a whopping pay cut from wing to centre, say $10k per metre inside over the season.

And if he hates the wing so much, maybe in his contract, he can have a clause that excludes him from getting too close to the sideline:

123.4. During play, Mr Lomax reserves the right and entitlement not to approach within 2 metres of any sideline and shall be entitled to stop his momentum voluntarily before reaching such proximity, without any financial penalty.

We thought that Brad being desperate for wins to save his own neck would give zac anything he wanted and so it’s come to pass.

The world has gone mad!

Last edited:
There are very few players who leave the Red V who I think of fondly after they leave for another club. Sowie. Maybe BMoz. Not many more.
Zac, I hope your time at Parra is a complete disaster.
McInness fell off a cliff. I know he was injured, but the magic has disappeared.

Poor Bud is struggling at wt, playing above his rank.