What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

justadragon

Bench
I wonder if Zac called Flanno and thanked him for showing him what it takes to make the SOO team. He was 50/1 if Flanno hadn't come along and sent him kicking and screaming onto the wing.

Sometimes in life you think you are getting the wrong advice when you just need to shut up and listen.
Ask Nightingale, Lomax does not listen ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,to anyone !!!!

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I think Zac's Manager who is a ex-Parra man has really screwed up Zac with some bad management of his client. He saw that Zac was pi$$ed last year at the club with Hook and all. Gave Parra a sniff and they started tapping him up from then. Instead of getting his client to wait and see. I have heard from a source that Parra was in his ear before Flanno got a fair crack at him.

Now after he has signed, Zac finally makes Origin because of the new coach, playing his best footy but it's too late he has signed with the Eels. There is no way Zac makes Origin without Flanno and Eels coach is gone and they could end up with go knows who. All too late for a backflip.

justadragon

Bench
I think Zac's Manager who is a ex-Parra man has really screwed up Zac with some bad management of his client. He saw that Zac was pi$$ed last year at the club with Hook and all. Gave Parra a sniff and they started tapping him up from then. Instead of getting his client to wait and see. I have heard from a source that Parra was in his ear before Flanno got a fair crack at him.

Now after he has signed, Zac finally makes Origin because of the new coach, playing his best footy but it's too late he has signed with the Eels. There is no way Zac makes Origin without Flanno and Eels coach is gone and they could end up with go knows who. All too late for a backflip.
He could have backflipped at any time Slip, but he dug his heels in, said in his interview he was happy with his decision, I'd like to ask him mid next season how things are going and more importantly see where he is playing.

TheRev

First Grade
If it is one of the Feagais I hope it is Matt
I actually think it might be Max if its right centre they want to replace... with Zac back next week in the right ctr spot.

Max was actually good last week which was surprising.. he had like a new lease of life or something... but yah Matt I think is the better player in general.
I think Zac might just take the Parramatta wing spot if they can get rid of Sivo to superleague.. its a bit stuffed tbh, hoping we do get Talagi out of it all.. will annoy me no end if they manage to keep everyone they want AND get rid of sivo AND keep lomax.

RedVee

First Grade

There was a story last year that Zac would be “at Parra by round 10”. Obviously that didn’t happen but it seems the conversations continued

Dragon David

First Grade
With the knowledge that Zac Lomax was wanting out from the Dragons some months ago and he eventually penned his signature to play for the Eels, why didn't the club try and lure James Schiller back to the club? Schiller has recently signed to play for the Knights and he is a winger/centre and quite powerful as well. I know he only spent a short time with us in 2020 and 2021 and then he got signed up by the Raiders and now wants to play for the Knights as he has more chance there than at the Raiders to play in the centres. Another one that we had and would have been good to have retained him.

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee
Don't do it to yourselves lads. If's, whats, and maybes.
It's done and we move on. I Wish Zac all the best.

It will take years, but if we really want a winning mindset, then surely it starts with people that actually wanna be here. At Least Zac didn't send his minions out to the media for months on end, pleading to be released, like our Captain.

Yep.

The eels may find that Brad was actually the reason they held up so well in recent years instead of the other way around.

His winning percentage of over 50%, remains an attractive proposition for many clubs.

Id not be too opposed if he was shortlisted to replace Benji next year.

The eels have a lot of failures in human beings at their club and he was pretty good at choking their natural tendencies to be dickheads. He’s tough.

There once was a player called Zac
Whose game it needed a hack
So flanno did say
The wings looking gay
and Zac has never looked back

Brad served up his best country stew
Zac asked “ could I tie me to you?””
Brad said “yes of course, if the board will endorse, but I fear that I might then be sued”

Then while Madge was deciding who was in
He took the SGI roster out of the bin
He saw Zac Lomax, strike and at max
A player he needed to win!

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Watching Mitch Moses, Dylan Brown and Gutho last night against the Sharks can you blame Zac for going there. His game will go to another level with that spine. Why would he stick around 2 more years of Hunt and possibly Flanno in the halves?

Maybe Saints should stop blaming the club for recruitment and look at this pretty bad halfback that Saints have that really does not bring the best out of the outside backs. If not for Lomax taking midfield bombs what else does he have to offer?

since77

Juniors
Eisenberg was a arm grabbing turn-style last week he should be dropped altogether
Geez some people don't know their stuff do they?
Eisenhuth was playing out of position last week and was targeted by a smart opposition coach. He's been one of our best players this season.
Blame for Eisenhuth missing tackles out in the centres lies solely with our coach. Clearly needed to put Lomax into the centres for the second half, or at least once it was obvious where the Bulldogs were sending their attack......