What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

True_Believer

Juniors
Lomax continues to remain far more professional than many idiots in this place

All the hypotheses by fans continue to drive conclusions that may have no bearing whatsoever on his decision to leave

Plenty in this place wanting Hunt long gone perhaps Zac wanted that too and as it didn’t happen he might have had the balls to say “f**k that merkin for all the shit things he has said and done I won’t play with him”

Some in here were convinced Lomax would dog it and run dead well he has not done that nor has he said a bad word about club, team mates, coaches.

Time to stop being critical of the player who is giving his all in every respect every time he runs out on the field.
Agreed OT. Although I don't think it has anything to do with Hunt or anybody in the team. I personally think, based on what has been said in interviews and the media, that he believed he was a centre and the move to wing by Flanno was the last straw. I honest believe it was all his own doing and I think he is regretting his decision.

Old Timer

Coach
I didn’t see the game yesterday but in the 2nd half the radio coverage Johnny Gibbs said that after a try was scored Lomax “flipped Hunt” (not quite sure what that meant) but a little bit was made of it in the commentary

I am sure there is no love lost between them perhaps Hunt was influential in Hook dropping Lomax?

There’s got to be a degree of value, respect and honour to be playing for SGI.

I think that’s the bottom line for his critics and what is driving the misgivings about his untimely and somewhat self-centred exit.

It’s been a great season for SGI so far. But it would be even better if he’d honoured his contract and passion for the club and what you stand for.

He’s on the shoulders of giants.

Draginzaaar

Bench
Agreed OT. Although I don't think it has anything to do with Hunt or anybody in the team. I personally think, based on what has been said in interviews and the media, that he believed he was a centre and the move to wing by Flanno was the last straw. I honest believe it was all his own doing and I think he is regretting his decision.
He has never said anything about not wanting to play wing.

Draginzaaar

Bench
I didn’t see the game yesterday but in the 2nd half the radio coverage Johnny Gibbs said that after a try was scored Lomax “flipped Hunt” (not quite sure what that meant) but a little bit was made of it in the commentary

I am sure there is no love lost between them perhaps Hunt was influential in Hook dropping Lomax?
'perhaps' being the operative word. We don't know what it is.

I find it hard to believe he would leave if he was happy with Flanno, his mates and the club.

I figure it’s the boxing lurk that we know SGI were not having a bar of.

The cost of his contract plus costs in keeping him elite and getting to games etc well over a million a season give or take.

Not prepared to take a risk with him. That’s more than fair.

And that’s been proven to a blessing for everyone concerned given how well he’s going.

And on form alone, and my prediction that hes busted through the marquee barrier over the last 6 weeks, if it was being picked tomorrow, I simply couldn’t leave him out of the national side.

Which makes his decision to leave worser ( as my kids used to say).

That’s my best guess now.

Plus he’s got all those silly Fonzie wannabe boxing friends. They’re not elite footballers and never will be.

Last edited:

justadragon

Bench
Lomax continues to remain far more professional than many idiots in this place

All the hypotheses by fans continue to drive conclusions that may have no bearing whatsoever on his decision to leave

Plenty in this place wanting Hunt long gone perhaps Zac wanted that too and as it didn’t happen he might have had the balls to say “f**k that merkin for all the shit things he has said and done I won’t play with him”

Some in here were convinced Lomax would dog it and run dead well he has not done that nor has he said a bad word about club, team mates, coaches.

Time to stop being critical of the player who is giving his all in every respect every time he runs out on the field.
I agree with what you say OT but Lomax has brought all the criticism on himself, by not manning up and just coming forth with what he was doing and why !!! I would have accepted whatever, I would have thought it strange but accepted it. To the average fan and member , he was still under contract , he was put in a position where he has played his best football, has made SOO in that position, and whats more he was on more coin than where he was going. It doesnt make sense to anyone except him. So fair enough if you dont want to give reason for your big change then accept the inuendo that is going to come your way. And I see nothing professional about going and having a so called private meeting and dinner with the coach of another club whilst you are still under contract and well out of the timeframe that you can be approached, please dont tell me that both Parra and his manager were well into his ear even prior to preseason. Anyway I dont care he can do what he likes, but you dont get paid to have personality clashes at $800k per year, and that shit merkin jumped all over him when he scored all his try's. As I said earlier see yah champ, dont forget to leave a thankyou note to the Dragons for developing you, and paying you that coin to be a well below average centre, but a f%$king brilliant winger !!

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
I agree with what you say OT but Lomax has brought all the criticism on himself, by not manning up and just coming forth with what he was doing and why !!! I would have accepted whatever, I would have thought it strange but accepted it. To the average fan and member , he was still under contract , he was put in a position where he has played his best football, has made SOO in that position, and whats more he was on more coin than where he was going. It doesnt make sense to anyone except him. So fair enough if you dont want to give reason for your big change then accept the inuendo that is going to come your way. And I see nothing professional about going and having a so called private meeting and dinner with the coach of another club whilst you are still under contract and well out of the timeframe that you can be approached, please dont tell me that both Parra and his manger were well into his ear even prior to preseason. Anyway I dont care he can do what he likes, but you dont get paid to have personality clashes at $800k per year, and that shit merkin jumped all over him when he scored all his try's. As I said earlier see yah champ, dont forget to leave a thankyou note to the Dragons for developing you, and paying you that coin to be a well below average centre, but a f%$king brilliant winger !!
If not mistaken the dinner with B A was after he was told he was free to go at season end

If you are unhappy in your employment then that is your personal business not the business of the fan base who love you and and hate you week by week.

The only thing he owes the fans is his commitment to play his best football regardless of circumstances and Lomax has done that in spades.

Lomax is perfectly entitled to leave at seasons end and never reveal the reasoning behind his decision as was the club perfectly entitled to say no to his request to leave early.

This forum loves to dump on someone when it suits them and if they had had their way Lomax would probably not be here for S F to pick on the wing so obviously the notion of tearing up a contract early is only fair if the fans wish it.

If not mistaken the dinner with B A was after he was told he was free to go at season end

If you are unhappy in your employment then that is your personal business not the business of the fan base who love you and and hate you week by week.

The only thing he owes the fans is his commitment to play his best football regardless of circumstances and Lomax has done that in spades.

Lomax is perfectly entitled to leave at seasons end and never reveal the reasoning behind his decision as was the club perfectly entitled to say no to his request to leave early.

This forum loves to dump on someone when it suits them and if they had had their way Lomax would probably not be here for S F to pick on the wing so obviously the notion of tearing up a contract early is only fair if the fans wish it.
I was non-plussed losing Lomax, the centre, but F&^k me, losing Lomax the winger is a disaster.

You must admit though
You don't mind a little 'dumping' yourself

justadragon

Bench

I appreciate your points OT, but I have my own view. The timeframe for visiting BA I think was before he was told to look elsewhere, I think SF said he would look at it after a particular round. It really doesnt matter, you think he owes the fans this commitment to play well, and i think he owes the fans the fulfilment of his contract. It wasnt the Dragons that were trying to push him out the door, you are a professional football player that is part of a team, play where the coach tells you to play and be happy you are in the NRL.

I appreciate your points OT, but I have my own view. The timeframe for visiting BA I think was before he was told to look elsewhere, I think SF said he would look at it after a particular round. It really doesnt matter, you think he owes the fans this commitment to play well, and i think he owes the fans the fulfilment of his contract. It wasnt the Dragons that were trying to push him out the door, you are a professional football player that is part of a team, play where the coach tells you to play and be happy you are in the NRL.
Yes, he’s not playing his best football for the club as he agreed to over the term of his contract, because he’s up and leaving.

Instead, the club is only getting a portion of what is likely to be his best footy (or capacity). When the contract was formed, they took a risk and for once, hands down won the contest.

He was never “entitled” to do what he wanted, because he already signed his playing rights away. That’s the whole idea of contracts, lock the parties in legally.

But he’s obviously put the wind up the club to such an extent….they figured it’s far easier to be done with it and release him.

The club has probably had numerous opportunities to leak the worst of his mutterances and criticisms but has held back.

I can’t accept Lomax is squeaky clean, he’s not a victim that’s for sure.

I fear those championing his conduct are in for quite a rude awakening. Misplaced faith is admirable, I guess.

redv13

Bench
Yes, he’s not playing his best football for the club as he agreed to over the term of his contract, because he’s up and leaving.

Instead, the club is only getting a portion of what is likely to be his best footy (or capacity). When the contract was formed, they took a risk and for once, hands down won the contest.

He was never “entitled” to do what he wanted, because he already signed his playing rights away. That’s the whole idea of contracts, lock the parties in legally.

But he’s obviously put the wind up the club to such an extent….they figured it’s far easier to be done with it and release him.

The club has probably had numerous opportunities to leak the worst of his mutterances and criticisms but has held back.

I can’t accept Lomax is squeaky clean, he’s not a victim that’s for sure.

I fear those championing his conduct are in for quite a rude awakening. Misplaced faith is admirable, I guess.
2 questions for you.
1. Why are you still here?
2. Why do you give a rats ass about Lomax and Saints issues?
You carried on like a prawn about Amone and you continue to carry about Zac. Go back to tiger land and discuss your own issues with your own supporters

2 questions for you.
1. Why are you still here?
2. Why do you give a rats ass about Lomax and Saints issues?
You carried on like a prawn about Amone and you continue to carry about Zac. Go back to tiger land and discuss your own issues with your own supporters

My only regret about Amone is that he wasn’t incarcerated and for the most part, the court let us law-abiding folk down.

Somehow you get a leave pass for climbing up a ladder, swinging a hammer at an innocent tradie who has to jump off a second story roof to save his life.

A very dangerous precedent to set and doesn’t reflect community values in any shape, way or form.

Hardly a deterrent for anyone intent on harming others.

If you disagree with me, matter for you.

redv13

Bench
My only regret about Amone is that he wasn’t incarcerated and for the most part, the court let us law-abiding folk down.

Somehow you get a leave pass for climbing up a ladder, swinging a hammer at an innocent tradie who has to jump off a second story roof to save his life.

A very dangerous precedent to set and doesn’t reflect community values in any shape, way or form.

Hardly a deterrent for anyone intent on harming others.

If you disagree with me, matter for you.
If you go way back on the Amone matter I think you’ll see what I thought.

Wow. Just go away you pest
You shouldn’t abuse people on line because it makes you feel better.

It wrecks the forum experience for people.

If you disagree with them, you can argue a point with them. But when you bully people personally with the hate, it reflects badly on you.

You can put me on ignore, I really don’t mind.

I’ve been following the fortunes of SGI for ages anyway. It’s an interesting club. I’ve got some friends here and we discuss selected club issues.

I disagree with Old Timer, but I respect him as a person and I take his views seriously.

Last edited:

redv13

Bench
You shouldn’t abuse people on line because it makes you feel better.

It wrecks the forum experience for people.

If you disagree with them, you can argue a point with them. But when you bully people personally with the hate, it reflects badly on you.

You can put me on ignore, I really don’t mind.

I’ve been following the fortunes of SGI for ages anyway. It’s an interesting club. I’ve got some friends here and we discuss selected club issues.

I disagree with Old Timer, but I respect him as a person and I take his views seriously.
Last time I checked this was the StGeorge Illawarra forum not Wests Tigers