What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

Old Timer

Coach
I was non-plussed losing Lomax, the centre, but F&^k me, losing Lomax the winger is a disaster.

You must admit though
You don't mind a little 'dumping' yourself
Indeed I do dump on players for bad form, bad attitude, bad behaviour and if Lomax crosses any of those lines then he will cop it as well.

He has his reasons and holds those cards to his chest so until the facts surrounding his decision are made public then on the basis of the points I made above there is no need for criticism.

As to where his career goes from here then only time will tell whether he made a good decision or not as will be the case for the club as to the decisions it has made.

My major grief at this point is with those that maligned him as to what performances he would offer up and to those that proffer the argument that he is bad for culture.

If that were true where do they think he would be playing and where do they think we would be on the ladder?

Indeed I do dump on players for bad form, bad attitude, bad behaviour and if Lomax crosses any of those lines then he will cop it as well.

He has his reasons and holds those cards to his chest so until the facts surrounding his decision are made public then on the basis of the points I made above there is no need for criticism.

As to where his career goes from here then only time will tell whether he made a good decision or not as will be the case for the club as to the decisions it has made.

My major grief at this point is with those that maligned him as to what performances he would offer up and to those that proffer the argument that he is bad for culture.

If that were true where do they think he would be playing and where do they think we would be on the ladder?
I don't disagree but struth, we are all fans

Supporters don't know why, so they make assertions and assumptions

That's all

That's what make these threads interesting, not factual!

justadragon

Bench

If I agree with you OT on the values you hold Lomax accountable for, should I also not have the right to criticise on what I think Lomax should be held accountable for also. No one else has to agree they are my thoughts on a public forum. I dont believe I deserve to be called an idiot for not having the same views. It would be a very boring forum if no one had a difference of opinion, plus I wouldn't be able to look at things in a different light.

BLM01

First Grade

Good to see you back and posting again, seeing some positivity around the joint

True_Believer

Juniors
I didn’t see the game yesterday but in the 2nd half the radio coverage Johnny Gibbs said that after a try was scored Lomax “flipped Hunt” (not quite sure what that meant) but a little bit was made of it in the commentary

I am sure there is no love lost between them perhaps Hunt was influential in Hook dropping Lomax?
Hunt in interviews has said he and Zac are good friends and Zac had talked to him about leaving (amongst other things). They are in there celebrating tries etc. There is nothing that I have seen to indicate that there is any animosity between them.

since77

Juniors
He may not have said it out loud, but others have said it. Flanno has intimated during interviews that he wasn't happy about it, Gypsy in an interview has said he wished Zac would just say "I'll do what's best for the team". It's pretty clear that he didn't want to play there.
The interview with Nightingale was as close to bagging Zac's attitude - towards playing wing - as you can get. He pretty much flatly implied a few times during that interview that Zac has attitude issues and is resistant to feedback. He didn't mince his words on that score.

To Zac's credit though his rise to finally reach his potential this year has been amazing to watch and his professionalism on the field has been 100%. It will be interesting next year to see how he fares under what will undoubtedly be a lesser coach. Will he regress?

And wow what a masterstroke from Flanno. Haven't agreed with all of his coaching decisions this year (Bird in centres, Lawrie) but that one decision alone should show people that, strategically thinking, he knows what he's doing. Also interesting that while he refused to let Hunt go, he decided that Lomax was replaceable. Happy to trust him on that score.

True_Believer

Juniors
To Zac's credit though his rise to finally reach his potential this year has been amazing to watch and his professionalism on the field has been 100%.
Agreed. Irrespective of the reasons behind the decision, he's not let that impact his game. He's just stepped up. It's good to see.

Also interesting that while he refused to let Hunt go, he decided that Lomax was replaceable. Happy to trust him on that score.
I think Flanno is trying to build a culture - and he's being pretty blunt with those that don't want to buy in. The Sullivan release, Suli being told to shape up or ship out, Zac being given a month to make a decision etc. I think that says a fair bit about what he's doing behind the scenes. If you don't commit to the plan or just plain don't want to be there, then off you go. And I think that's something we needed. It's good to hear players like Molo and Sua and now Suli saying they want to stay and they are excited to be playing with us. Hunt I believe had that chat with Flanno and was open to giving the change a go and can now see the improvement. I think with Zac it either comes down to his attitude about the position switch OR something outside of the team (management maybe). In the end, Flanno wants players who want to be here. If you don't, you're just a distraction and you are free to leave.

Parko1310

Juniors
Hunt in interviews has said he and Zac are good friends and Zac had talked to him about leaving (amongst other things). They are in there celebrating tries etc. There is nothing that I have seen to indicate that there is any animosity between them.
Hunt's wife had a story up on Instagram saying "big week for Zaccy" with a video of them singing the team song/the celebration around Zac scoring 32 points in a game. I highly doubt there is anything wrong in the Hunt/Lomax relationship, in fact this would suggest it is a strong relationship if anything considering Ben's family is posting things in support of Lomax

True_Believer

Juniors
Hunt's wife had a story up on Instagram saying "big week for Zaccy" with a video of them singing the team song/the celebration around Zac scoring 32 points in a game. I highly doubt there is anything wrong in the Hunt/Lomax relationship, in fact this would suggest it is a strong relationship if anything considering Ben's family is posting things in support of Lomax
Thanks Parko for sharing that. Yeah I'm not quite sure where the speculation that there are issues between Hunt and Zac are coming from. It keeps getting raised even though info and evidence points to the opposite.

BLM01

First Grade
100% this
Coach / club Zac is another story in respect to culture trying to be instilled since Flanno's arrival

Lovemedragons

Juniors
I wake up every day hoping to see a big story around how Zac has reconsidered and requested his decision to walk away from the Red V be reversed, with the Dragons welcoming his change in heart and paying out compo to the Eels. We have finally brought through an elite player from our juniors and we have lost him right when he has reached his prime - so sad, so stupid.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
I dont know............could you imagine being a Parra board member and or coach and agreeing to let Lomax renege on the deal?

Lomax is now playing at an elite level !!!!!

not a chance that they will let him walk away unless his agreement around boxing is removed and or was a handshake with Arthur ???

If he did sign for $650k pa and he is allowed 1 to 2 fights each off season Lomax will probably make $500k min from his off seasons to box

Total $1.15m pa is worlds apart from our deal with him

Lovemedragons

Juniors
I dont know............could you imagine being a Parra board member and or coach and agreeing to let Lomax renege on the deal?

Lomax is now playing at an elite level !!!!!

not a chance that they will let him walk away unless his agreement around boxing is removed and or was a handshake with Arthur ???

If he did sign for $650k pa and he is allowed 1 to 2 fights each off season Lomax will probably make $500k min from his off seasons to box

Total $1.15m pa is worlds apart from our deal with him
I said I wake up, but sadly I am still dreaming.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
On the James Graham podcast in the off season Zac said Benny Hunt is one of his best mates. There was never any animosity there. I am 99% sure it's all about the desire to try boxing. Such a shame but the heart wants what it wants
I think it's boxing, bust mostly, being sick of the board

Latest posts