What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

slippery5

Juniors
I've read with great interest on this forum of the opinion that Lomax requires time in reggies to prove his maturity & ability when playing against older opposition before being considered for 1st grade. Blind Freddie can see this guy is up to it, at the very least he is way above any other option we currently have.
That was obvious instantly, after each time he touched the ball.
I wonder if Aitken would have got that ball around the corner to Widdop or the draw & pass to Nighty ????

possm

Coach
I've read with great interest on this forum of the opinion that Lomax requires time in reggies to prove his maturity & ability when playing against older opposition before being considered for 1st grade. Blind Freddie can see this guy is up to it, at the very least he is way above any other option we currently have.
That was obvious instantly, after each time he touched the ball.
I wonder if Aitken would have got that ball around the corner to Widdop or the draw & pass to Nighty ????

I'd say we all wonder why Lomax was not in the run on side in place of Aitken. Surely Mary and his coaching staff have witnessed this kids abilities during the off-season. It's time for Lomax at right centre. And its time for Mann to take the right wing position; no more problems on the right edge and plenty of speed on our right.

citizen

Juniors
I could be wrong but didn't Aitken go straight from 20's into first grade... the same should apply for Lomax.

Herbert deserves to be considered as well.

Belta

Juniors
Watching only replays and reading posts,(can’t wait for round 1 so I can watch every dragons game on my digital pass) I’d say Aitken is running out of lives. He does not appear to learn, he does not appear to know how to mark up in defence at all. On a positive note Lomax looks very impressive for such a young man. I hope he is handled correctly.

PS great post Frank Facer on the ages of former players. I found it very interesting and informative, thanks :clap:

Frank Facer

First Grade
I could be wrong but didn't Aitken go straight from 20's into first grade... the same should apply for Lomax.

Herbert deserves to be considered as well.
You are not wrong. Aitken did go straight from 20's to first grade. I have been saying that Lomax should be one of our centres for game 1 for a while now.

I haven't seen Herbert, but I am very interested to get a good look at him. I would not be adverse to us having a centre pairing of Herbert and Lomax this year, if Herbert is good enough.

slippery5

Juniors
I'd say we all wonder why Lomax was not in the run on side in place of Aitken. Surely Mary and his coaching staff have witnessed this kids abilities during the off-season. It's time for Lomax at right centre. And its time for Mann to take the right wing position; no more problems on the right edge and plenty of speed on our right.
Unfortunately neither of those ideas will come to fruition, add to that Kerr as rotation Prop & I'd toy with Field as in impact player of the bench, I know his defence is questionable but ffs what have we got to lose ?????? other than the coach for his bad team choice, now there's a thought !!!!!!!

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Unfortunately neither of those ideas will come to fruition, add to that Kerr as rotation Prop & I'd toy with Field as in impact player of the bench, I know his defence is questionable but ffs what have we got to lose ?????? other than the coach for his bad team choice, now there's a thought !!!!!!!
Fields defence couldn't be any worse than aitkens

possm

Coach
Aitken isn't in my side anywhere, although he may technically be able to defend, his read is diabolical along with his attack, unless someone can tell me meters gained from one out/ dummy half runs count from a centre ….

So why did Millward extend his contract and why does Mary continue to select him in first grade?

Latest posts