What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

Gardenia

Juniors
Big dick move by Flanno and I guess, the board. Cut the rot...it's the only way your club can move forward. Dave and Kev came in for us and got rid of TPJ, Lodge and a number of other disruptive influences/guys who weren't all in and it's paid off. I love Hunt, despite 2015, but he should be next on your list for an exit IMO.
Ahh cheeky? You can have Hunt in exchange for Ezra or Reese :p

seriously though - Kevvy has done a great job at the Broncos

Gardenia

Juniors
We already played our cards by going in hard for Fonua-Blake. Who do we target to boost our front row stocks?

A bit of water still to pass under the bridge. But this opens up a lot of doors for our recruitment & retention.
Speaking of retention, has Sua been secured as yet?

Gardenia

Juniors
Was about to post something similar.
At the moment I'm abit gutted but that could change if we land a decent replacement or 2.
Yep, I feel this way as well in some respects. Torn between being disappointed and thinking he's an ungrateful git and/or annoyance at the club that they made him unhappy enough to want to leave. I guess you need to know the full story.

With Lomax going it looks like we are going for Turuva. Which means the future could look like Bird/Tamale at centre with Turuva on the wing. We’ve still got Ramsay who I’d love to play wing in 2025 or Finau, Allan and Tuipolotu so we can save cap space to make a big play for a quality prop like Nelson, RCG, Fotuaika. Or a gun 6 who can play 7 like Talagi or Sandon Smith for the future.

Gardenia

Juniors
Sad news but glad it is an agreement by the club from 2025 unless they get someone of equal value in return this year. What a huge disappointment considering the club has had guys like Cooper, Nighty and Gasnier all stay on after being chased by other clubs stay loyal. Sua' is basically begging to stay longer and not a junior and Zac asking to leave.

Flanno is a smart operator though and surely has someone lined up for them to agree to this.

If Zac plays his cards right he will end up a rooster and not an Eel. He has more chance of winning a comp at the Roosters than Eels that is for sure if that is what he wants.
well he may be planning on using the extra money to invest in keeping Sua who is a great footballer and wants to stay. That would be smart

BLM01

First Grade
With Lomax going it looks like we are going for Turuva. Which means the future could look like Bird/Tamale at centre with Turuva on the wing. We’ve still got Ramsay who I’d love to play wing in 2025 or Finau, Allan and Tuipolotu so we can save cap space to make a big play for a quality prop like Nelson, RCG, Fotuaika. Or a gun 6 who can play 7 like Talagi or Sandon Smith for the future.
I watched Tuipolotu closely last week and do not see him as a first grader.

According to 360, he’s meeting Brad Arthur this week and he could well have been the difference between them winning and losing last weekend.

So if a swap is on, I’d play hardball with them. I’d want quality like for like.

Start with a Paulo and work back from there.

Not a surrender position is all I ask.

And I’d still be willing to pick up a discounted Hastings if you can strengthen other areas.

Last edited:

sammymills

Juniors
We need props and hookers desperately. Our backs depth in lower grades is actually ok if we blood them correctly.
I don’t see why on earth we would need Ryan Matterson we are chockers full of bsckrowers so much so that some (JDB) are playing prop.

56to66

Juniors
We need props and hookers desperately. Our backs depth in lower grades is actually ok if we blood them correctly.
I don’t see why on earth we would need Ryan Matterson we are chockers full of bsckrowers so much so that some (JDB) are playing prop.
We need to recruit a war horse Middle, a Paul Gallon type player, $800k, Xmas has come early, thx Zac, Pmatta won't win comp air head, anyways faith in Flanno will get this jigsaw puzzle together for a super 2025/2026 season.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
With Lomax going it sucks in some way....we get sick an tired like the Hunt on and off again saga but we need to move on.....it is disappointing that the bloke wants out with so much time left on his contract but the loyalty factor is long gone Im afraid....lets use the money /swap deal wisely otherwise we could end up with a couple of used by journeymen

Dragon David

First Grade
With Lomax going it sucks in some way....we get sick an tired like the Hunt on and off again saga but we need to move on.....it is disappointing that the bloke wants out with so much time left on his contract but the loyalty factor is long gone Im afraid....lets use the money /swap deal wisely otherwise we could end up with a couple of used by journeymen
Nowadays loyalty isn't something that anyone cares too much about. It is the progression that most look at in life - better prospects and outcomes and more rewards and ultimately a better life after work. This applies to all jobs and while most would love to stay at a long term work environment because of such things as mate ship and camaraderie, the only person that a person has to be loyal to is him or her self.

So yes, loyalty is long gone and guys like Lomax, who in my opinion doesn't tick too many boxes for me as a player in any case, is looking at different challenges and prospects (money or much more improved results) by going somewhere else where he may or may not succeed but that is his prerogative and I don't think that Shane Flanagan will lose any sleep over Lomax's departure.

Latest posts