What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

hewi

Bench
Cutting off your nose to spite your face.

From FoxSport.

But now, according to 2GB’s Neil Breen, Lomax will have to take a significant pay cut to join the Parramatta outfit.

“Zac Lomax will be tabled an offer from Parramatta this week,” Breen said.

“The problem for Lomax is, it will be a three-year offer, and each year will be about $150,000 to $200,000 short of what he was going to get paid at the Dragons.

“That’s the pay cut he is taking. He was on $800,000 this year, $850,000 next year, $875,000 the year after. He’s going to be $150,000-odd short of that.”

Lomax’s offer from the Eels is set to be around the $650,000 to $750,000, joining the club’s top earners.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade

From FoxSport.

But now, according to 2GB’s Neil Breen, Lomax will have to take a significant pay cut to join the Parramatta outfit.

“The problem for Lomax is, it will be a three-year offer, and each year will be about $150,000 to $200,000 short of what he was going to get paid at the Dragons.

“That’s the pay cut he is taking. He was on $800,000 this year, $850,000 next year, $875,000 the year after. He’s going to be $150,000-odd short of that.”

Lomax’s offer from the Eels is set to be around the $650,000 to $750,000, joining the club’s top earners.
Surely him and his Manager saw this coming?

Dragon David

First Grade

From FoxSport.

How can a player take a 15-20% pay cut to go another club?
Must have some suspect 3rd party stuff happening?
Is Lomax that desperate to leave us that he is happy to forfeit 15-20% of his pay to go to Parramatta or anywhere else? I think that you could be right This Year that there is a third party lined up to cough up the rest of the dough!!

I'm guessing that the way to get a player to join your club the coach needs to wine and dine the guy at the coach's home. Maybe Flanno should do a bit of this and we get who we are really after and not a reject/journeyman??

thebigredv

First Grade
Is Lomax that desperate to leave us that he is happy to forfeit 15-20% of his pay to go to Parramatta or anywhere else? I think that you could be right This Year that there is a third party lined up to cough up the rest of the dough!!

I'm guessing that the way to get a player to join your club the coach needs to wine and dine the guy at the coach's home. Maybe Flanno should do a bit of this and we get who we are really after and not a reject/journeyman??
I think many players, within and outside our club are just not convinced of how we are going as a club. I think sadly we have to accept this as fans. Money isn't everything as it once was. Our players are saying they are buying into Flano but they are yet to exhibit it. We are waiting, early days.

The game has seen many decent players willing to give up some cash to be part of a winning team, not just for the glory but for the fact that if those players around you are of higher quality, it brings out the best in your game. Things like sponsorships, rep selection come off the back of this, and I am pretty sure Eels are granting him boxing rights.

I'm not backing Lomax on this. If he ends up at Eels it may be better for him but overall I think he is not anything particularly special as he hasn't got the speed factor and acceleration to make him a great.

This Year?

Immortal

These are probably the things Flanno needs to get players into his home:

images

images

Mojo

Bench
Why didn't we offer him a pay cut and let him box? If he's not a genius RL player, who gives a rats if he has a crack at boxing? Everyone says he's slow but we wouldn't let him do sprint training either. Let Lomax use Sloan as his sparring partner. Then let them play chasings. Kill multiple birds with one stone.

Also, how come Hunt can stipulate what position he will or wont play but Lomax can't? Double standards like this would shit me to tears. Lomax has to play wing because he's better there than at centre. Hunt has to play half because he's worse there than at hooker.

In fact, once they're both boxing well, let both Lomax and Sloan get stuck into Bunt. Great for morale. Let the rest of the team watch.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade

What if he invites them to Wollongong beach and then rocks up on a JetSki?

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Lomax's manager is Clinton Schifcokske? Wow. An ex-Eel player. Obviously looking after himself and his beloved's old clubs interest instead of his client.

Parra had a legacy in the eighties and were a joy to watch winning those premierships. This was built on great Parra juniors. Since 2000 it has all been about looking over the fence and poaching players from other clubs and hence why they won't win a comp in a while.

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee

From FoxSport.

Good.

I'm with our coach on this. ' Can't keep a player that doesn't want to be here ". Enjoy your time at Parra and your boxing revenues.

Good.

I'm with our coach on this. ' Can't keep a player that doesn't want to be here ". Enjoy your time at Parra and your boxing revenues.
That's fine. I agree in general that we should only have players who want to be here. But I don't think Flanno is being honest when he says that.

1. He made it very clear to Hunt, when Hunt didn't want to be here, that he was going to be kept here whether he liked it or not.

2. He obviously wants Lomax off the books for 2025 and beyond.

3. If he "can't keep a player who doesn't want to be here", he would be open to letting Lomax go immediately.

TruSaint

Referee
That's fine. I agree in general that we should only have players who want to be here. But I don't think Flanno is being honest when he says that.

1. He made it very clear to Hunt, when Hunt didn't want to be here, that he was going to be kept here whether he liked it or not.

2. He obviously wants Lomax off the books for 2025 and beyond.

3. If he "can't keep a player who doesn't want to be here", he would be open to letting Lomax go immediately.

All of that is fine too.

I'm on record saying Hunt can go. I really don't care about reputation or perceived value. Our great Club will not challenge until we have players that want to fight for the badge.

As to Flanno, I will judge him at seasons end and see if it's all fluff and jargon. God knows we gave Mary , Price and Hook more than a decade collectively.

Mojo

Bench
There's a whole bunch of RL players who are massively overpaid and almost all of them turn into legends in their own lunchtime as a result.
They say the canine mindset is that you feed them and pat them so you must be god. The feline mindset is that you feed them and pat them so they must be god.
RL should be canine but it's rapidly becoming feline.

steerlerbab

Juniors
This is how Flanno thinks and in his interview Flanno said dont mix Lomax and Hunt:

Lomax is replaceable. This is why Flanno let Zac go and Zac leaving will free up 850k and 875k for next 2 years. We desperately need that money for a middle forward. I personally think the team needs two top middle forward.

Hunt on the other hand is not replaceable at this stage. If Flanno had signed Deardon, Hunt would also been allowed to leave for 2025. But not anymore.

From what I heard, Hunt will be offered to stay for 2026. Reason being that game is not producing great half backs anymore and there is a shortage. That is why Reynolds, Evans, Townsend well into their thirties are still around. Even Benji preferred Sezer to Sullivan. I won't be surprised if Hunt is offered big money by Bulldogs or Titans to leave us. Yes both teams lack a good half back. We all saw what happened to Parra without Moses. They were hammered by Raiders. There are some young halfbacks around two, but teams have noticed and locked them for long term contracts like Moses, Fogarty, etc

Dragon David

First Grade
It doesn't seem to matter these past 13 years who is our coach. It could be Robbo, Cleary, Webster, Bennett, Bellamy at the club right now and I'm sure that for some bloody reason, we would be still 2 from 5 with the same cattle as we have at the moment.

Flanno has a battle on his hands and so far he has had to deal with Hunt and Lomax wanting out. Who else will want the same? We might have some great juniors coming through but so would many of the other clubs have them so it is strange that we keep struggling along year after year.

The Dragons need to look at themselves a lot closer and start doing something about its image and if this merger is worthwhile.

Mojo

Bench
It doesn't seem to matter these past 13 years who is our coach. It could be Robbo, Cleary, Webster, Bennett, Bellamy at the club right now and I'm sure that for some bloody reason, we would be still 2 from 5 with the same cattle as we have at the moment.

Flanno has a battle on his hands and so far he has had to deal with Hunt and Lomax wanting out. Who else will want the same? We might have some great juniors coming through but so would many of the other clubs have them so it is strange that we keep struggling along year after year.

The Dragons need to look at themselves a lot closer and start doing something about its image and if this merger is worthwhile.
The difference with Bennett is he that he drops prima-donnas. He dropped Hunt to reserves once. Bennett encourages players that listen and vice-a-versa. There are certain so-called superstars that I would bet Bennett wouldn't consider having in his side.
It's the non-listeners / I'm too good for this lot kind of guys that have to go from the Dragons. I think Flanno is on the case.

Whispers Souths gearing up for a purge after they nail JD soon.

Could be a few discount former marquee on the market.

Maybe Latrell might come onto the market too? Surely his days are numbered at South’s?

South’s pay half his contract $500k, you send Lomax to the eels, they pay you about the same. So about cost neutral for the balance of the season.

I’m just at thinking Flanno was able to turn Bunt about from a treacherous slob to someone who wants to stay(?)

So maybe he could find the footballer in the human circus sideshow that is Latrell?

At the roosters under Robbo Lats was playing massive games and smashing it as a centre.

Due to his size and power, he’d be used to get the run on and attract big defence making his way out wide.

At any rate, deals to be done about town. A swap here and a roundabout. Phones ….let them ring hot, greedy player managers, may they line up with sweet offerings!

Ex Rooster junior lad at work says you need forwards. He was thinking RCG except he knows a bit about him and thinks he’s a cretin. He said of South’s v SGI, he’s backing you guys to win more games this season despite everything.

Last edited:

Mojo

Bench
Whispers Souths gearing up for a purge after they nail JD soon.

Could be a few discount former marquee on the market.

Maybe Latrell might come onto the market too? Surely his days are numbered at South’s?

South’s pay half his contract $500k, you send Lomax to the eels, they pay you about the same. So about cost neutral for the balance of the season.

I’m just at thinking Flanno was able to turn Bunt about from a treacherous slob to someone who wants to stay(?)

So maybe he could find the footballer in the human circus sideshow that is Latrell?

At the roosters under Robbo Lats was playing massive games and smashing it as a centre.

Due to his size and power, he’d be used to get the run on and attract big defence making his way out wide.

At any rate, deals to be done about town. A swap here and a roundabout. Phones ….let them ring hot, greedy player managers, may they line up with sweet offerings!

Ex Rooster junior lad at work says you need forwards. He was thinking RCG except he knows a bit about him and thinks he’s a cretin. He said of South’s v SGI, he’s backing you guys to win more games this season despite everything.
If we end up with Latrell, it will be the end of my lifelong support of the Dragons.

Latest posts