What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

Belta

Juniors
Zac was awesome at fullback in the second half against the Raiders in 2023. This is against a raiders team who have a very quick backline. Zac is quicker than he has shown in the centres as the service he received meant he was starting from a standing start. In the raiders game he did a lot of open field running and he can definitely motor
The one thing that has already been noticeable with Flanno is that he isnt afraid too experiment. Lomax may well end up our fullback,

Lomax is competent in the air, strong bringing the ball back and could be a Dylan Edward’s type player. There’s every chance Flanno has a contingency plan if Sloan becomes untenable.

I think it would be ideal if Sloan improves it gives an extra dimension in attack if your fullback is dangerous, (he can’t keep letting in tries) that’s not gunna be tolerated for too much longer.

The players t would know by now that youve got a coach that has moved a player who was cemented in our centres for the past five seasons to the wing, last years winger to NSW Cup, a utility/second row to the centres, .., He’s no “cut and paste” coach. I think Flanno does what Flanno wants. This has surely got to be a good thing.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
It could be possible that Lomax back issue is worse than the club is letting on, so he has to be played on the wing in order to manage his back with less defensive workload for a winger.

Reactions: DfL

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Some posts on here saying losing Lomax is no big deal? Are you serious? He is so much better than your average centre and the player market is so limited. Losing Zac to an opposition would be a huge disaster. What will Saints do then? Bring up a junior and once he has a few bad games get bagged by fans and lose confidence. Look at what poor Sloan and Geagai are going through and at the time were stand outs in the juniors like what Saints have now. Corey Allan is the only guy Saints could bring in only because he was unwanted by anyone else. Tio was another which Manly clearly did not want as well. Let go of an accomplished junior for another teams reject player just does not make sense.

One thing about Zac is that he puts in 100% and is one of the few that bleeds for the red V. JDB, Lawrie and Lomax are passionate Dragons players which would love to finish as 1 club players under the red V. He loves the club and you simply don't get rid of players like that especially if they add more value to the FG side than not.

BLM01

First Grade
Some posts on here saying losing Lomax is no big deal? Are you serious? He is so much better than your average centre and the player market is so limited. Losing Zac to an opposition would be a huge disaster. What will Saints do then? Bring up a junior and once he has a few bad games get bagged by fans and lose confidence. Look at what poor Sloan and Geagai are going through and at the time were stand outs in the juniors like what Saints have now. Corey Allan is the only guy Saints could bring in only because he was unwanted by anyone else. Tio was another which Manly clearly did not want as well. Let go of an accomplished junior for another teams reject player just does not make sense.

One thing about Zac is that he puts in 100% and is one of the few that bleeds for the red V. JDB, Lawrie and Lomax are passionate Dragons players which would love to finish as 1 club players under the red V. He loves the club and you simply don't get rid of players like that especially if they add more value to the FG side than not.
What everyone forgets is he is happy at the Dragons snd said so on many occassions
However what a PM does using the media is a different beast and game

BLM01

First Grade
Zac is an OK NRL standard player. Now in his 6th season of NRL he won’t be any more or less than what he has already shown. I have never called him ‘Slomax’ or ‘bog slow’ just pointed out that he is comparatively slow for a back. He won’t intercept and run 70 to 80 metres. That lack of zip means he doesnt reach the level of Best, Mitchell, Staggs, to name just a few.

Generally a good goal kicker; on occasion a very good goal kicker.That is a big plus. Every team needs a player(s) who can consistently bang over goals from all angles. He is fit and competes hard.

I hope he has his best season this year.
Zac is one of the clubs quickest over the 40m sprints

Slippery Morris

First Grade
The way I see it is a day before or maybe on the same day Crichton was named capt and Burton/Mahoney dropped after 12 months of being capt. They could do the same and say they are not happy being dropped as I am sure that would have been a kick in the guts to them. But no, let's deflect and make a Saints player unhappy instead because he is playing wing. The same guy that says he loves the dragons and will play anywhere to make the team stronger.

Pretty sure one of the factors that influenced Crichton to move to the dogs was to play fullback as he knew Dylan Edwards would be Panthers FB for years to come. Instead he is playing in the centres where he could have at the Panthers for a little less than what he is getting playing for a bottom 4 side. That story could have even been used to cause some click bait by Buzz. He probably has them up his sleeve for later if the Dogs fail. I am sure both stories will come out as soon as there is any sign of the Dogs struggling.

BLM01

First Grade
He actually does care where he plays. He lets everyone know too when he doesn’t get his way.
Who would’nt care!
But define the meaning of “letting everyone know when he does not get his way”
If you mean the coach or manager that’s normal
Let’s face it he had a below par 2023 or longer for whatever the reason and has and is working his arse off to get form back as was told too
Was he happy with the past few years. Well he shouldn’t be either
He will play centre this year whenever that happens and your rumour is just the usual trash that was started last year via media inferring discontent with the coach and then social media takes it to the next level like NEDS
Met him a few times at different functions and fan days and glows Dragons

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Flanno said that he used Ben Barba and Valentine Holmes in the same way he is looking to use Sloan and Lomax. That in itself should excite Lomax to be thought of as being capable to do such as thing as what these 2 players did in a premiership winning season. They were outstanding that year. I know if I was Lomax and the coach had that vision I would be more excited about that than playing the same role I played for 5 years plus that did not get Saints to hardly any finals.

That comment from Flanno alone should put all this talk to bed.

Parko1310

Juniors
Who would’nt care!
But define the meaning of “letting everyone know when he does not get his way”
If you mean the coach or manager that’s normal
Let’s face it he had a below par 2023 or longer for whatever the reason and has and is working his arse off to get form back as was told too
Was he happy with the past few years. Well he shouldn’t be either
He will play centre this year whenever that happens and your rumour is just the usual trash that was started last year via media inferring discontent with the coach and then social media takes it to the next level like NEDS
Met him a few times at different functions and fan days and glows Dragons
From RedV06's posts in the past mate, he knows what he's talking about and probably has some sources. Would rather you don't label the rumour as the "usual trash" in an attempt to defend your dearest Lomax. I don't want him gone either, and I think he's important for us. But don't participate in driving people off the forum who actually have valuable intel from sources within the club. No reason to get so worked up, it's not personal.

kit66

Bench

Zac's not going anywhere, you've got to stop reading all that clickbait crap from those alleged "journos" and media outlets we already know are full of pooh.

SEAT 1A

Bench
He actually does care where he plays. He lets everyone know too when he doesn’t get his way.

Just on that.

Was watching the Tig's match again.

When Sloan scored from an inside pass from RFM, Lomax gave him a mouthful.

It could have been a backline move and RFM went off script which may have been a no no. Lomax as a senior player, could be asking him to stay on script as he would have scored which is good.

Give RFM a wry smile and use the move ie Lomax gets the ball next time.

Crush

Coach
Lomax is one of my favourite players because he was the one who ultimately got rid of Hook.
When Hooks career was on the line, he conveniently missed most of his goal kicks and we lost a bunch of narrow games.
Hook gets fired, change the kicking tee or some shit, Lomax is back to be a sharp shooter again! Boom!
Thank you Zac, further dragon’s immortal for this alone.

FlickFlano

Juniors
Did he? Not what I saw .. and given Sloan rushed from the left to the right the play before to get in position I think that it was part of the formation … unlike hook/mary where a play has one outcome we set a structure where there are multiple options … Zac was calling ray/ray for sure but when ray took the right option all I saw was a smile on zacs face. The pass to Zac was never on and if ray threw it he would have deserved a rocket.

redv13

Bench
Did he? Not what I saw .. and given Sloan rushed from the left to the right the play before to get in position I think that it was part of the formation … unlike hook/mary where a play has one outcome we set a structure where there are multiple options … Zac was calling ray/ray for sure but when ray took the right option all I saw was a smile on zacs face. The pass to Zac was never on and if ray threw it he would have deserved a rocket.
The inside pass from RFM to Sloan was 100% the correct option. Lomax looked pretty happy to me throughout the whole game. He’s actually looked happy since Hook got the arse. Nothing to see here.

maestro1

Bench
RFM showed in that one play just how skillful he is and very subtle. He ever so casually made it look like he was going wide and kept his gaze wide and showed the ball wide. In the same movement turned it into Sloan. The defence was totally bamboozled and Sloan went over untouched. Great line run by Sloan. I'm wondering who instigated it. RFM or Sloan.?

SnowDragon

Juniors
RFM showed in that one play just how skillful he is and very subtle. He ever so casually made it look like he was going wide and kept his gaze wide and showed the ball wide. In the same movement turned it into Sloan. The defence was totally bamboozled and Sloan went over untouched. Great line run by Sloan. I'm wondering who instigated it. RFM or Sloan.?

my interpretation
1) Hunt saw the defensive structure and decided to try to cut thru, was able to get the pass off (nice play)
2) RFM was just doing the normal structure (but stayed alert )
3) Sloan read the defence and cut back on the inside run
4) RFM saw Sloan and played the pass perfectly (he read the play, adapted, drew in the opposition and threw the pass correcty - all good signs)
5) Lomax thought he was getting the ball (like many in opposition) and was annoyed at first when he didn’t. (Is that being a Prima Donna? Or did he just want the ball and thought he could score from there? Or…) After the score he was happy.

Trifili13

Juniors
If Lomax felt aggrieved that RFM passed back on the inside so Sloan could run through a huge gap untouched practically under the posts instead of passing out to him with no guarantee of scoring, then Lomax is not a team player.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
my interpretation
1) Hunt saw the defensive structure and decided to try to cut thru, was able to get the pass off (nice play)
2) RFM was just doing the normal structure (but stayed alert )
3) Sloan read the defence and cut back on the inside run
4) RFM saw Sloan and played the pass perfectly (he read the play, adapted, drew in the opposition and threw the pass correcty - all good signs)
5) Lomax thought he was getting the ball (like many in opposition) and was annoyed at first when he didn’t. (Is that being a Prima Donna? Or did he just want the ball and thought he could score from there? Or…) After the score he was happy.
I think you are spot on with #5

Mojo

Bench
If Lomax felt aggrieved that RFM passed back on the inside so Sloan could run through a huge gap untouched practically under the posts instead of passing out to him with no guarantee of scoring, then Lomax is not a team player.
but that's a big IF