What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
quick timeline:

14th June 2023 Shane Flano officially signs on to the Dragons

I wont say which poster but pretty insightful

1st July 2023

"Under-performing St George-Illawarra star Zac Lomax has been informally offered the opportunity to leave the Dragons.

We can reveal incoming coach Shane Flanagan has indicated to his manager Steve Gillis that he would be granted permission to look elsewhere if they formally applied for it.

It would be on the proviso that the Dragons don’t have to contribute to his salary at another club.

And that could be a problem because Lomax is on $800,000-a-season. This is the first real indication that Flanagan means business in cleaning out the club that has sadly become such an absolute basket case – on and off the field.

Other players will be offered exit opportunities in coming weeks.

St George Illawarra was diabolical in a 52-16 loss to the Sharks on Thursday night."

kit66

Bench
Article in the Australian about unexpected salary cap issue for Parra in signing Lomax

And there you go, right on cue. Lomax has shot himself in the foot having his release announced immediately, putting the ball firmly in the court of any prospective suitors. They can now negotiate downwards - his 800K per year is gone and he'll likely get nowhere near that now. Dickhead (Blomax I mean, not you Saints Forever).

Dragsters

First Grade
And there you go, right on cue. Lomax has shot himself in the foot having his release announced immediately, putting the ball firmly in the court of any prospective suitors. They can now negotiate downwards - his 800K per year is gone and he'll likely get nowhere near that now. Dickhead (Blomax I mean, not you Saints Forever).
...and his manager and/or whoever is advising him.

maestro1

Bench
quick timeline:

14th June 2023 Shane Flano officially signs on to the Dragons

I wont say which poster but pretty insightful

1st July 2023

"Under-performing St George-Illawarra star Zac Lomax has been informally offered the opportunity to leave the Dragons.

We can reveal incoming coach Shane Flanagan has indicated to his manager Steve Gillis that he would be granted permission to look elsewhere if they formally applied for it.

It would be on the proviso that the Dragons don’t have to contribute to his salary at another club.

And that could be a problem because Lomax is on $800,000-a-season. This is the first real indication that Flanagan means business in cleaning out the club that has sadly become such an absolute basket case – on and off the field.

Other players will be offered exit opportunities in coming weeks.

St George Illawarra was diabolical in a 52-16 loss to the Sharks on Thursday night."

Can Flanno clean out the Millward and Haran deadwood and then continue with the Board and then onto our phantom owners.

Interestingly, I saw Craig Young wearing an official pass to our WIN game against Manly. Didn't he remove himself after the Brett Finch brain fart? Is he like a cockroach that cannot be removed even with a nuclear war. The Millwards, Youngs, Dousts, Harans, etc are the reason this club finds itself in it's current lowly status. These parasites who continually look after their family and friends rather than qualified strangers are a blight and a speed hump to achieving success.

Now let me say that I loved Craig Young as a player. All his involvement with the club since he has been retired has been rubbish for this club. I couldn't believe when I saw him representing the club once again.
It's a bit like when McGregor let good forwards leave the club to sign his best mate and back door neighbor Jake Marketo.

More recently, keeping Blake Lawrie and not fighting to keep AFB and Sele. To put this into perspective, Blake Lawrie is a Dapto Canaries junior. Mary is a Dapto Canary junior and has an extreme love for the canaries. Unfortunately, with the Steelers side of the merger, it matters a lot which local club you hail from. If you come from certain clubs you are much more likely to get a gig and better players will be moved on to accommodate you.

Last edited:

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
BTW is Hunt and Lomax managed by Steve Gillis ? or is Hunt managed by Clinton Schifcofske?

Same Sports Management Group

I think the Couchmans, Fegais and Stewart are also managed by GS management ?

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
How dumb is Parra, tap the player up to break a contract and then find out that they can't get him because of salary cap issue. Maybe Wayne can get him to the Dolphins. Farnsworth and Lomax will be a pretty lethal centre combo.
Yes, so dumb. First thing that the Eels and Lomax's manager should have done if they didn't was to check to see how much they have in the cap for Lomax. If they cannot "afford" him and there are no other suitors (Roosters not interested in him - Trent Robbo saying) and he isn't really a top notch centre, he might have to go to Super League as I think that his time at the Dragons will be totally ended at the completion of this years comp and we won't re-sign him because he doesn't want to be with us.

Dragon for life

Juniors
Sorry, up here in sunny Qld so haven’t got the full story. Has he left the club??

Too me this is a huge loss for the club but I understand if he doesn’t want to be there it’s going to cause more trouble then it’s worth.

I really see him as an elite centre if given the opportunity. You can tell by his footwork in the limited space that the Dragons game plan allows him to have, that he can cause the opposition headaches. I really feel that playing at a better club (and there’s probably at least 13 of them) that he will shine.

I know he’ll play origin and probably become known as a strike centre. Shame our game plan and style don't utilise his skills effectively.