What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

Lennyb

Juniors
My last on this thread.

If I was a ppppparra fan. I would be thinking how Lomax will take getting a ear bashing from Moses for messing up.

Moses does throw temper tanties and the gifted one, well. He does think highly if himself.

If Lomax doesnt enjoy wing. I wonder how he will enjoy secong row as that is not too far down the track either.

Parra problems now or not. Will be interesting to see how it pans out.

lombard

Juniors
Still like to know who the F wit was that would pay him 875k for 2026! It’s a no brainer that we would offload him the first chance we got. The fact that he requested a release is a win for the club as long as we replace him with an elite player.
You can thank Millward for signing a bloke with then only 17 first grade games and paying him this crazy amount of money and such a long contract.

VodkaSaint

Juniors
Zac Lomax has been shafted more than once, he was re signed to be a fullback on 800k a season and never eventuated , he then was moved from his preferred side of center then dumped to reserve grade, then came along Flannagan who says mate looks like you might be our fullback next year, the Sloane caught his eye in attack , so then he says i tell you what, will swap both of you between fullback and wing, then guess what, it never eventuated, not just that but the complete shemozzle our club has been run for year, how can we blame the bloke , Im pissed we lost him along with Frizzel , McInnes , Kurt Mann , Robson , Bostok
it seems we keep making promised to players that cant be kept, go back to Brett Morris saga , did we have to bloody loose him, he was promised more money and they lied to him, Rant Over, I hope this club I love has started moving forward with Intent

Last edited:

Lennyb

Juniors
Zac Lomax has been shafted more than once, he was re signed to be a fullback on 800k a season and never eventuated , he then was moved from his preferred side of center then dumped to reserve grade, then came along Flannagan who says mate looks like you might be our fullback next year, the Sloane caught his eye in attack , so then he says i tell you what, will swap both of you between fullback and wing, then guess what, it never eventuated, not just that but the complete shemozzle our club has been run for year, how can we blame the bloke , Im pissed we lost him along with Frizzel , McInnes , Kurt Mann , Robson , Bostok
it seems we keep making promised to players that cant be kept, go back to Brett Morris saga , did we have bloody loose him, he was promised more money and they lied to him, Rant Over, I hope this club I love has started moving forward with Intent
Maybe the media rants will stop now. In relation to Zac. That has to be a good thing.

Parko1310

Juniors
My last on this thread.

If I was a ppppparra fan. I would be thinking how Lomax will take getting a ear bashing from Moses for messing up.

Moses does throw temper tanties and the gifted one, well. He does think highly if himself.

If Lomax doesnt enjoy wing. I wonder how he will enjoy secong row as that is not too far down the track either.

Parra problems now or not. Will be interesting to see how it pans out.
Was thinking this as well. There could be a serious clash of personalities with Moses and Lomax and even Gutho and Lomax at Parra. It is laughable how their fans think this is going to solve their issues though, Lomax is an okay centre, but nothing to write home about as we've seen over the last 6-7 years. It's also pretty funny how people are pretending Lomax got 'shafted' last year when he was dropped. They forget just how poorly he was playing, he was genuinely terrible and up there with the worst players in the league in the first half of the year. He was given every opportunity and was dropped probably a month later than he should've been. He didn't improve and then it was somehow seen as borderline insanity to drop him. I'm convinced a lot of journos, fans, pundits, etc have preconceived narratives that they just can't waver from for whatever reason. Zac was a highly touted talented kid when he came into grade in 2018, since then he's done nothing except turn up for the second half of a season last year, and play well on the wing for 4/5 games so far this year.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
it seems we keep making promised to players that cant be kept, go back to Brett Morris saga , did we have to bloody loose him, he was promised more money and they lied to him, Rant Over, I hope this club I love has started moving forward with Intent
I dont blame him, he has made the call and I believe he will thrive at Parra. We must move on and do a lot better in the future when we stumble upon an emerging talent within our club system, instead of whatever it was that happened with Lomax over a period of 4 years.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Was thinking this as well. There could be a serious clash of personalities with Moses and Lomax and even Gutho and Lomax at Parra. It is laughable how their fans think this is going to solve their issues though, Lomax is an okay centre, but nothing to write home about as we've seen over the last 6-7 years. It's also pretty funny how people are pretending Lomax got 'shafted' last year when he was dropped. They forget just how poorly he was playing, he was genuinely terrible and up there with the worst players in the league in the first half of the year. He was given every opportunity and was dropped probably a month later than he should've been. He didn't improve and then it was somehow seen as borderline insanity to drop him. I'm convinced a lot of journos, fans, pundits, etc have preconceived narratives that they just can't waver from for whatever reason. Zac was a highly touted talented kid when he came into grade in 2018, since then he's done nothing except turn up for the second half of a season last year, and play well on the wing for 4/5 games so far this year.
Not how I remember it. Zac was playing fine in 2023. Hook sacked him and Liddle when they were two of our better players. We had way bigger problems with that side than Zac. Mbye on the bench, Bird in the forward pack, Amone as 5/8. Who did Hook replace him with? Max Feagai and we lost the next 4 games. Lomax comes back and we win against the Roosters. Hook wanted a scapegoat, that was all.

matPORTS

Juniors
Despite him not being officially signed (and keep in mind there is a lot to play out especially with the Roosters losing Manu & Suali at the end of this season), Parramatta fans are of the mindset that Zac is going to deliver them to the promised land/

Signing Moses mid-2017 was supposed to be the next Peter Sterling influence. Somewhat true. He's the one who has kept them in a premiership window pretty much since that season. But still no delivery to the promised land (no pun intended).

Bringing Hayne back in 2018 was supposed to deliver them to the promised land (they got the Wooden Spoon that year).

More to the second point - they have been in a premiership window for a very long time. They still have a good squad for the most part so that window will remain open for another handful of years yet. They need a Wayne Bennett or a Craig Bellamy now to come and finish off the job.

If Zac doesn't like playing under Flanno, then he ain't gonna like playing under Wayne or a Belly-ache either.

Would have liked to have been a fly on the wall at the Arthur house-hold the other week - but I suspect, just like his brother from another mother Mary, that Brad has a knack of selling ice to the Eskimos. First hand from Eels supporters - they have had enough of him in much the same way we got jack of Mary. He won't be the coach there for too much longer, which means Zac will have been sold another lemon.

Despite him not being officially signed (and keep in mind there is a lot to play out especially with the Roosters losing Manu & Suali at the end of this season), Parramatta fans are of the mindset that Zac is going to deliver them to the promised land/

Signing Moses mid-2017 was supposed to be the next Peter Sterling influence. Somewhat true. He's the one who has kept them in a premiership window pretty much since that season. But still no delivery to the promised land (no pun intended).

Bringing Hayne back in 2018 was supposed to deliver them to the promised land (they got the Wooden Spoon that year).

More to the second point - they have been in a premiership window for a very long time. They still have a good squad for the most part so that window will remain open for another handful of years yet. They need a Wayne Bennett or a Craig Bellamy now to come and finish off the job.

If Zac doesn't like playing under Flanno, then he ain't gonna like playing under Wayne or a Belly-ache either.

Would have liked to have been a fly on the wall at the Arthur house-hold the other week - but I suspect, just like his brother from another mother Mary, that Brad has a knack of selling ice to the Eskimos. First hand from Eels supporters - they have had enough of him in much the same way we got jack of Mary. He won't be the coach there for too much longer, which means Zac will have been sold another lemon.
Wayne and Bellamy are nothing like Flanno. Also, there is zero chance that Bellamy coaches Parra. Wayne is harder to read.

since77

Juniors
Not how I remember it. Zac was playing fine in 2023. Hook sacked him and Liddle when they were two of our better players. We had way bigger problems with that side than Zac. Mbye on the bench, Bird in the forward pack, Amone as 5/8. Who did Hook replace him with? Max Feagai and we lost the next 4 games. Lomax comes back and we win against the Roosters. Hook wanted a scapegoat, that was all.
Yep. I'm going to bag Zac as much as anyone will once he's in a Parra jersey but you're right he was made a scapegoat for Griffin's terrible recruitment, coaching and game plans all coming back to bite him on his coke guzzling ass.

Parko1310

Juniors
Got to disagree. Lomax was awful to start last season. I remember being so frustrated with him and hoping he got dropped every week, and I was very relieved when he finally did. His defence in particular was deplorable to start last season

No one said he wasn’t a good player, I think people are concerned that he’s abandoning the club in circumstances where he’s really needed and you’ve done so much for him.

He refuses to buy into Flanno and his staff and everyone busting their guts for the club.

A horrid fat finger at you guys, meeting Brad and even playing for less money. That’s embarrassing and huniliatingfor everyone.

He’s not someone I want in the trench next to me.

He owes you, not the other way around.

This is from another site, the bad impression he’s leaving about town.

FEB3E0BE-6C52-453D-AD1A-1F9CBED2D5B8.jpeg

It’s not just that he’s leaving, it’s how he’s gone about it that has been unsatisfactory and unprofessional.

Last edited:

RedVee

First Grade
Got to disagree. Lomax was awful to start last season. I remember being so frustrated with him and hoping he got dropped every week, and I was very relieved when he finally did. His defence in particular was deplorable to start last season
His general form often seems to follow his goal kicking form.

Like we seem to need to score the first try to win a game.

Latest posts