What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Ever thought that maybe Lomax is part of the "bad culture" ..
If Lomax was part of the bad culture he would not have demanded 6 releases. Saints would have gladly let him go last year as soon as he asked for a release and gone hard to bring in Bradman Best who was negotiating with the Knights.
I really hope there is no culture issue as the boys do look much happier on the field these days.

Here is a thought, Lomax is from Temora, Barrett the assistant coach of Parra is a Temora boy and possibly had some sway to bring him over. If Brad gets the boot which is quite possible Baz may be the next in line. Baz getting his roster ready for 2025. Ahh, yet right, as if Parra would get Baz in for Arthur. I am sure they would get a high profile coach to replace him like Wayne Bennett. Which may also be why Zac is moving.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
If Lomax was part of the bad culture he would not have demanded 6 releases. Saints would have gladly let him go last year as soon as he asked for a release and gone hard to bring in Bradman Best who was negotiating with the Knights.
I really hope there is no culture issue as the boys do look much happier on the field these days.

Here is a thought, Lomax is from Temora, Barrett the assistant coach of Parra is a Temora boy and possibly had some sway to bring him over. If Brad gets the boot which is quite possible Baz may be the next in line. Baz getting his roster ready for 2025. Ahh, yet right, as if Parra would get Baz in for Arthur. I am sure they would get a high profile coach to replace him like Wayne Bennett. Which may also be why Zac is moving.
Very convoluted mind you've got there @Slippery Morris . I'm not sure Zac's thought processes would/could go that deep! Anyway, we will see how it all pans out.

I

i like your positivity and creative insights.

It’s just a thought, put it out there, why not?

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Yet everyone says he's one of the hardest trainers, returned to pre-season earlier than required, a competitive beast & was one of the prominent faces of the dragons marketing adverts but yea he's part of the "bad culture"...

Zac likely made up his mind in the pre-season when he didn't really get a shot at fullback which Flanno said he would in the media. He's heard it all before from previous coaches & likely didn't want to go through something similar. He might've even seen the Luke Brooks situation at the Tigers & didn't want to waste away in a similar situation. It might work out for him or it might not...

Imo Flanno saw Zac was steadfast in his decision & thought he was a replaceable player unlike Hunt. He might be right, he might be wrong but the decision has been made.

"Bad culture" when all indications say otherwise is pettiness from fans...
My comment, wasn't meant to say he IS the bad culture, was trying to make the OP see a different side, because, if i name the whole squad i reckon everyone would say nah he isn't the bad culture, some may say though that Hunt and JDB are for their previous antics... And i agree he gives 100% at training and in the games, even when he makes mistakes he is still giving his all..

KingFlanno7

Juniors

WHY THE DRAGONS WON'T MISS LOMAX​

Zac Lomax is a class player - and a great signing for the Eels for the next four years.
But several members of the playing group at the Dragons won't be sorry to see him leave the Big Red V in 2025.
Lomax is a different sort of bloke to the average footballer and is not among the more popular players in the Dragons' camp. The fact he has been so vocal about wanting out for months also caused some angst with team-mates.
"He's a great player, no doubt, but he won't be missed," one Dragons source told me. It is the mole but im not suprised at all

WHY THE DRAGONS WON'T MISS LOMAX​

Zac Lomax is a class player - and a great signing for the Eels for the next four years.
But several members of the playing group at the Dragons won't be sorry to see him leave the Big Red V in 2025.
Lomax is a different sort of bloke to the average footballer and is not among the more popular players in the Dragons' camp. The fact he has been so vocal about wanting out for months also caused some angst with team-mates.
"He's a great player, no doubt, but he won't be missed," one Dragons source told me. It is the mole but im not suprised at all
The mole has been known to make a lot of shit up.

Listen, if he was such a problem, Flanno would have let him go this year.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
The thing that is funny about the Mole's comments are "The fact he has been so vocal about wanting out for months also caused some angst with team-mates". What about the Capt? He started this wanting out last year as soon as Hook was hooked.

The boys I feel look much happier this year than the last few years. I also do no remember any Sharks players during Flanno's tenure having a bad word about the coach or wanting out? If anything they loved the guy and he is still highly regarded by the Club. I have a mate who actually is a sponsor of the club and tells me how highly they think of him. He left the Sharks as a finals team and they still are making finals years later. You even hear Gallen, Ennis etc often talk about the Flanno days and how good he was as a coach.

TruSaint

Referee

Zac Lomax breaks silence after signing with Parramatta Eels, ends early Dragons exit whispers​

NRL: Zac Lomax will line up in his preferred position of centre for the Dragons, following his big signing news with the Eels for 2025
St George Illawarra star Zac Lomax has spoken publicly for the first time since signing with Parramatta, declaring he was “focused and determined” to play out this season with the Dragons.
Lomax formally signed a four-year deal with Parramatta on Tuesday, starting from 2025.
There had been suggestions Lomax would seek an immediate release to join the Eels but the Saints winger quickly shut down that speculation.
“Thanks to everyone for their messages of encouragement and support in recent times,” Lomax posted on social media.
“(My) future is now sorted.
“I am 100 per cent focused on continuing to do my absolute best for the Dragons, our supporters and my teammates.
“I am determined to play my part in the club doing our best this season.”
The Eels made the deal official on Tuesday morning, releasing a short statement: “Out of respect for Zac’s current club, we will not be providing further comment until he joins the Parramatta Eels in 2025.”
Zac Lomax has posted on Instagram following his signing with Parramatta. Credit: Instagram.

Zac Lomax has posted on Instagram following his signing with Parramatta. Credit: Instagram.
In the media release, Parramatta CEO Jim Sarantinos spoke of his club’s excitement at aligning Lomax.

“Zac is a great talent and we’re confident he will be an invaluable addition to our team,” Sarantinos said.
“He complements our existing playing squad, and with almost 100 NRL games to his name since his debut in 2018, his experience will help the strong group of young players coming through our pathways system.
“We very much look forward to welcoming Zac and his family to our club in 2025, but right now, season 2024 is our focus.‘’

justadragon

Bench

I think you are pulling a long bow Slip, I wouldnt consider Barrett being the coach a lure at ALL !!