What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Lomax signed on in the belief that BA would still b coaching ...
i said the lure of Maguire as Coach would sit sweet with Zac
Now he has declined , it May have left the door ajar depending on who they come up with
Zac doing an about face on his contract with the Eels is wishful thinking I believe. He requested a clause in his contract negotiations that if the coach changed that he would have a "get out" option, but his request was denied. So Zac will be at the Eels next year, regardless of who they get as coach.

Dragon David

First Grade
Zac doing an about face on his contract with the Eels is wishful thinking I believe. He requested a clause in his contract negotiations that if the coach changed that he would have a "get out" option, but his request was denied. So Zac will be at the Eels next year, regardless of who they get as coach.
I Agree OED. I don't think that Zac has any intention to back flip on his deal with the Eels. He will also use this to challenge himself at a different club. Parramatta has quite a lot of good players in the squad and depending on who their coach will be, Lomax should fit in quite well as shown with how he has adapted in playing his first SOO game.

His departure will be very sad though.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Would be interesting how the NRL would view the contract if we signed him back up, would they say to us, has to be on the original contract we had him or can we sign him up on the Parramatta money, one of the reasons supposedly we let him speak to other clubs was that Flano didnt think Lomax was worth the $850k + he was on, also have to factor in does Flano even want him or is there an issue with Zac and other players, more to play out when Parra announce their coach

blue bags

First Grade
Would be interesting how the NRL would view the contract if we signed him back up, would they say to us, has to be on the original contract we had him or can we sign him up on the Parramatta money, one of the reasons supposedly we let him speak to other clubs was that Flano didnt think Lomax was worth the $850k + he was on, also have to factor in does Flano even want him or is there an issue with Zac and other players, more to play out when Parra announce their coach
And circumstances situations has changed since signing EELs contract
Since then Brian Arthur EELs coach sacked
Contract clauses

Gomarchin

Juniors
Agreed, untried coach. Not certain that we'd be where we are this year if Ryles was on board. It'd be interesting if he did get the job.
He wasn't a smart player and looks like not being the brightest coach either.

Burnt his bridge at the Roosters, did the backflip with us and ended up taking the assistant? coaches role at the storm this year, with the view of taking over from Bellamy.

Bellamy continues to extend his tenure as coach and I would say that Slater would be the one that will eventually take over from Bellamy when he leaves.

PS: so glad he did the backflip and we ended up with Flanno.