What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

Kylez3

Juniors
Lomax is excellent near the opposition's try-line due to his footwork, strength and passing ability. But he's not going to make a midfield line break like a Stephen Crichton would because he isn't the fastest player.

There aren't many players in the comp that score 10/10 in every attribute guys..

BLM01

First Grade
The backs don't get any early ball at present, the team has gone back to the power game for some reason so it's hard to judge any of them at present.
CC
This will be accentuated if bird plays 5/8 on the right side
They need to put Hunt to the right side and bird to the left and let them mix and match at times
The outside backs are still unsure what birds gonna do and his passing out to the right is slow
If they are going to go with a bird hunt combination in the halves that’s okay but they need to stick with it until Sullivan is ready because it will take time to click
However I have a feeling that won’t happen and Norman will hold his spot with Hunt For this week anyway

Illusion

Bench
Lomax is excellent near the opposition's try-line due to his footwork, strength and passing ability. But he's not going to make a midfield line break like a Stephen Crichton would because he isn't the fastest player.

There aren't many players in the comp that score 10/10 in every attribute guys..
I mate might be wrong here maybe someone can clarify this , but somewhere along the line I think i read that Lomax is the fastest player in the group over 100 .....

denis preston

First Grade
I mate might be wrong here maybe someone can clarify this , but somewhere along the line I think i read that Lomax is the fastest player in the group over 100 .....

Hasnt shown this in any way. Got him for 5 years and the kid still has a young body. Perhaps lock could be his future ?

BLM01

First Grade
Hasnt shown this in any way. Got him for 5 years and the kid still has a young body. Perhaps lock could be his future ?
No he is a out and out centre.
We still are a bit flat in attack on that right side and like to see Zac hit the ball with pace and take away the trademark bunny hop before he puts his foot down in promoting a potential jink or step.
Teams are awake to it and just hang back that bit so he does not step them.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I can clarify..

You are correct..

You are indeed wrong about that.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade

He has made several line breaks last year from deep in our end where he passed to Rava but he couldn’t finish them die to he himself not being blistering. These try’s Ramsey would finish but then the close ones through traffic Ramsey would get taken over the sideline so they both have positives and negatives. If Lomax had a player like Coates outside him who is big and fast he could create some great try’s imo.

getsmarty

Immortal
Zac Lomax to miss six weeks, Origin opener
By AAP Newswire
SsY5GQeh6mdnmNhXNwpW.jpg

Zac Lomax nursing his dislocated thumb. - AAP

St George Illawarra have been handed a fresh blow with star centre Zac Lomax to miss six weeks after having surgery on a dislocated thumb.

In an additional hit for the 21-year-old, it is also set to rule him out of at least the first State of Origin with teams for the series opener to be picked in less than a month for the June 9 match.

Lomax is yet to make his debut for NSW but was considered a hot chance to land a spot in the centres considering his form for the Dragons to start the season.

Should he return to play Canberra in round 15, Lomax will have just one game to push his chance to be selected for the second Origin match on June 27 - the following Sunday.

The injury happened in last week's loss to the Wests Tigers in which he played just 18 minutes.

"He dislocated his thumb over the weekend which caused a bit of capsule damage and he had a surgical repair on that (on Tuesday night)," said Dragons general manager Ben Haran.

"Everything went to plan as we'd expect and our medical staff did a wonderful job getting him in and to see the surgeon and getting operated on so we expect that to be approximately a six week return to play."

In his place, the Dragons have named Tyrell Fuimaono in the centres to face Canterbury on Sunday.

https://www.denipt.com.au/rugby/2021/05/05/4222294/zac-lomax-to-miss-six-weeks-origin-opener

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
This will be accentuated if bird plays 5/8 on the right side
They need to put Hunt to the right side and bird to the left and let them mix and match at times
The outside backs are still unsure what birds gonna do and his passing out to the right is slow
If they are going to go with a bird hunt combination in the halves that’s okay but they need to stick with it until Sullivan is ready because it will take time to click
However I have a feeling that won’t happen and Norman will hold his spot with Hunt For this week anyway
I’d like to see Bird at 6 but as you say he needs time. The bloke has barely played for 2 years let alone at 5/8 so we need to pick and stick and give Normy the flick.

BLM01

First Grade
He would be a lot better now, he runs the ball a lot harder now than he did last year and the fact it was raining surely Mary could have given him another week.
Zac is a centre. Stop thinking weakening one position to cover another
If you don’t like our future fullback options then we should find another
People say Zac is slow does not bust or break tackles etc etc
Then what’s the point of having him fullback

Dragons need to find one outside or develop their fullback from within to be just about ready in 22 after Matt which still may happen

Putting Zac as a stop gap does not achieve anything. No different to Mann, Widdop, Mybe or Norman at 1
Dufty is our best option until he departs
If Dufty throws in the towel then we persist with Cody because no one has given him time in that position to develop, get used to and show he has potential to handle it