What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

Not putting him in your back five might be fine if it was simply because you don't think he is ready.
Adding your little "chasing the dollars" comment leads people to infer you have it in for him.
Or the choices he's made so far, in concert with his manager.

Should those choices be beyond criticism? Is Blaize the new Bambi around here?

emjaycee

Coach
Or the choices he's made so far, in concert with his manager.

Should those choices be beyond criticism? Is Blaize the new Bambi around here?
And what choices are you speaking of?
Has anything been announced regarding his future?
Was the PO that was offered to him before he had ever played FG something that he should accept now he has?

And what choices are you speaking of?
Not triggering his player option, and allowing speculation about his future to drive up his price (rather than good faith negotiation with the club if he wants to stay).
Has anything been announced regarding his future?
That he is not triggering his player option - an unnecessary piece of information to be in the public domain.
Was the PO that was offered to him before he had ever played FG something that he should accept now he has?
As per answer to your first question. If not accepting (and he actually wants to stay) should be good faith negotiation, and the first we hear of it is that he is staying on (perhaps having signed an updated contract).

I feel like we've had this convo before... or maybe it's just the attempted gotcha style of questioning that is overly familiar? It's ok to have differing opinions about something on the internet without stressing out about convincing an individual of whether yours is right.

emjaycee

Coach
Not triggering his player option, and allowing speculation about his future to drive up his price (rather than good faith negotiation with the club if he wants to stay).

That he is not triggering his player option - an unnecessary piece of information to be in the public domain.

As per answer to your first question. If not accepting (and he actually wants to stay) should be good faith negotiation, and the first we hear of it is that he is staying on (perhaps having signed an updated contract).

I feel like we've had this convo before... or maybe it's just the attempted gotcha style of questioning that is overly familiar? It's ok to have differing opinions about something on the internet without stressing out about convincing an individual of whether yours is right.
We obviously have differing opinions on what makes for good negotiations.

Your opinion of substance was that Blaize was "chasing the dollars". Yet I felt your substance was a little bit lacking, hence my questions.
And you received answers to your questions. And yet then didn't give any answers to questions asked of your own (insubstantially stated) position.

The meta commentary around what has already been said - rather than you confirming your opinion of what makes for good contract negotiations other than Blaize's through the media) actually is - is mind boggling.

emjaycee

Coach
Fair enough. So I take it you're supportive of players and their managers negotiating through the media then?
No.
And you received answers to your questions. And yet then didn't give any answers to questions asked of your own (insubstantially stated) position.

The meta commentary around what has already been said - rather than you confirming your opinion of what makes for good contract negotiations other than Blaize's through the media) actually is - is mind boggling.
See above.

hindy111

Post Whore
there’s every possibility by March next year our back 5 will look like this

1 Blaize
2 Lomax
3 Guth
4 Penis
5 Russell ( or Simmo )

I just don't see Guth at Centre. If fit he should remain at fullback. Non-seasonal Blaize can't interchange position during attacking raids.
I'd rather Sivo or Simmo over Russel. I don't rate him

hindy111

Post Whore
Your opinion of substance was that Blaize was "chasing the dollars". Yet I felt your substance was a little bit lacking, hence my questions.

Why shouldn't he chase then but? Simmonson probably cost himself 75k a year by his latest injury.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
there’s every possibility by March next year our back 5 will look like this

1 Blaize
2 Lomax
3 Guth
4 Penis
5 Russell ( or Simmo )

For mine, Lomax is the classiest back so let him pick his spot and build the backline around him.

Initially center and eventually move to take Gutho's spot at FB when Guth retires.

Surely he is a priority over Blaize at this stage of both their careers.

Latest posts