What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zeb Taia

redvwhite

Juniors
Will the Drags make a play for him or is he past his best? Wouldn't be the worst trade for Scott but again, like a few of the others, wouldn't want to pay an arm and a leg for him. He's been out of sorts but potentially...who knows.

Will the Drags make a play for him or is he past his best? Wouldn't be the worst trade for Scott but again, like a few of the others, wouldn't want to pay an arm and a leg for him. He's been out of sorts but potentially...who knows.

Was there ever a best?

So you're suggesting they take Scott, Costigan, McKinnon and Cuthbertson, and we get Zeb Taia? :?

Bring back choc

Juniors
No offence but you are like a broken record. I hope someone up there is listening to you.

No offence, but no sh@t Sherlock! That's the aim.
I will not stop. The record will only continue to break.

I prefer success. Not mediocrity. Until someone can prove to me that we are not in fact going backwards as a club I will continue.

Thank you.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
So you're suggesting they take Scott, Costigan, McKinnon and Cuthbertson, and we get Zeb Taia? :?

who wants lottery tickets??

images

64 Dragon

Coach
No offence, but no sh@t Sherlock! That's the aim.
I will not stop. The record will only continue to break.

I prefer success. Not mediocrity. Until someone can prove to me that we are not in fact going backwards as a club I will continue.

Thank you.

You're entitled to keep agitating for what you want, no, for what we all want:- continued success. 2010 should not be the end of it. Just remember who hires and fires. Bennett wanted 5 years, Doust wanted 3. Enough said.

GO THE MIGHTY DRAGONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

redvwhite

Juniors
Was there ever a best?

Ummmmm they have taken those players from us and the state of play for 2013 is that we need to get ourselves one or two backrowers/forwards to be able to compete. Zeb Taia is an available backrower and I was simply playing with the idea that he could be a good acquisition for us - more reasonable than some other options.

Father Ted

First Grade
You're entitled to keep agitating for what you want, no, for what we all want:- continued success. 2010 should not be the end of it. Just remember who hires and fires. Bennett wanted 5 years, Doust wanted 3. Enough said.

Rugby League clubs like Fish rot from the head down

centralsaint

Juniors
We have Frizell,Vea,Marketo,Gower,Ah Mau,Matthews,DeBelin and Stockwell as fringe first grade forwards for next year. Taia is not required for us next season however a young half would be nice.

Bring back choc

Juniors
We have Frizell,Vea,Marketo,Gower,Ah Mau,Matthews,DeBelin and Stockwell as fringe first grade forwards for next year. Taia is not required for us next season however a young half would be nice.

You just nailed the dragons biggest problem... "fringe first graders".
It's hopeless. Most of those players are a complete waste of money of we don't have "actual first graders" in front of them.

Next year will be a BIG wake up call for all te rose colored glasses wearing fans.

BBC on the broken track yet again and who do you think would be a better signing and don't say Sika Manu waste of money period.

Next you'll say Tony Williams waste of money also look at what they are saying what he wants its stupid money and he will be staying at Manly or to the Bulldogs anyway.

You have no idea what the club is doing yet you still harp on like you know something your a dribbler.

The club knows they need players and they will sign players if you don't like the way they do things either go complain to them or piss off.

64 Dragon

Coach
BBC on the broken track yet again and who do you think would be a better signing and don't say Sika Manu waste of money period.

Next you'll say Tony Williams waste of money also look at what they are saying what he wants its stupid money and he will be staying at Manly or to the Bulldogs anyway.

You have no idea what the club is doing yet you still harp on like you know something your a dribbler.

The club knows they need players and they will sign players if you don't like the way they do things either go complain to them or piss off.

Hey Coast, tell us what you really think!

Mr Red

First Grade
Taia off to super league where they dont have to tackle - perfect fit for him..

This has been raised several times before. Bennett would likely have stayed on if not offered the Tinkler big cash, which we could never have matched. Our winning the comp in 2010 made his decision all the easier as it was mission accomplished here. So the 3 or 5 year deal is a hollow argument - and coaches contracts are inherently rubbery, e.g. Hasler. So IMO Doust should be spared criticism on this front, remember he was responsible for bringing him to the club in the first place.

Breathingfire

Juniors
This has been raised several times before. Bennett would likely have stayed on if not offered the Tinkler big cash, which we could never have matched. Our winning the comp in 2010 made his decision all the easier as it was mission accomplished here. So the 3 or 5 year deal is a hollow argument - and coaches contracts are inherently rubbery, e.g. Hasler. So IMO Doust should be spared criticism on this front, remember he was responsible for bringing him to the club in the first place.

I agree with you Drain. The whole argument is waste of time. Besides, Doust wanted to give Bennett 5 years and the Board rejected it. You also have to put things into perspective. Right or wrong, there was a consensus among the rugby league community that Bennett was past his best and untried outside of Brisbane for over 20 years. After the Brown debacle, you could hardly blame the Board for not wanting to sign anyone up long term. I can see the logic in giving Wayne a solid 3 years initially and see where he takes us. It turns out he took us to a premiership...what more could you want??? Now that he has left, people want to find a scape goat...Doust has his shortcomings but I always come back to the fact that he was the CEO in charge of our first premiership in 31 years.