What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zeb Taia

Father Ted

First Grade
This has been raised several times before. Bennett would likely have stayed on if not offered the Tinkler big cash, which we could never have matched. Our winning the comp in 2010 made his decision all the easier as it was mission accomplished here. So the 3 or 5 year deal is a hollow argument - and coaches contracts are inherently rubbery, e.g. Hasler. So IMO Doust should be spared criticism on this front, remember he was responsible for bringing him to the club in the first place.[/QUOTE

Sorry I haven't seen anything you or anyone has said that makes it a hollow arguement . Doust stuffed up on the contract and no amount of revisionist history will ever change that .Certainly not the old whats a contract worth debate . Let Doust answer for own mistakes I'm sure he can come up with a wonderfully incomprehensable piece of Techno babble . I for one miss the old speeches full of Key performance indicators, Shareholders and that old favourite about being the right shape. After all Moltzen was the right shape wasn't he?

Sorry I haven't seen anything you or anyone has said that makes it a hollow arguement . Doust stuffed up on the contract and no amount of revisionist history will ever change that .Certainly not the old whats a contract worth debate . Let Doust answer for own mistakes I'm sure he can come up with a wonderfully incomprehensable piece of Techno babble . I for one miss the old speeches full of Key performance indicators, Shareholders and that old favourite about being the right shape. After all Moltzen was the right shape wasn't he?

I guess then your Doust glass is half empty, while mine's half full. I'll always be grateful for him bringing us a coach who helped guide us to that elusive premiership, but others will concentrate more on why he didn't lock him down to stay longer, and lambast him for it. There must have been reasons beyond the obvious that we aren't privy to, (unless you're a board member that is!) But the positives out-weigh the negatives, that was my point.

Doust isn't the only cliche-wielding, drivel-laden tautologist CEO out there. I saw the piece on Todd Greenberg last week and it was spewing out of his gob as well ("we want Bulldog players to be better men, better this, better that.....blah blah....). I think there must be a CEO media training school where they all receive a handbook on which speech to roll out for which occasion.