What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zeb

Stagger eel

Staff member
jayman said:
wouldnt mind us signing ashton sims.. think he would go well here

I wouldn't mind him also, but the problem is that Penrith and Canterbury have sounded him out and they've each just lost their premier frontrowers to other clubs, so I dare say that we wouldn't be able to match their offer if infact we do make an offer.

Hurriflatch

Referee
true, but the Panthers have also signed Woolnough who despite being unwanted by Smith would not have been a cheap buy

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hurriflatch said:
true, but the Panthers have also signed Woolnough who despite being unwanted by Smith would not have been a cheap buy

yeah, but I think they'd have more scope to have more than a play for Sims than what we would.

for next year we have 3 definite's in FFMM, Caylo and JC...Junior is rumoured to have signed on, therefore the attraction for Sims to come here isn't as great as it would be if he went Penrith where he he's got Woolnough, Mat Cross, Tim grant and Frank Puletua and the dogs where they currently have Leahno, Armit, Cleal and Hickey.

If I wanted to a guarentee firstgrade spot, I know which one of the clubs I wouldn't head for ;-)

cayless1989

Juniors
hybrideel said:
Yeah i have to say i'm a little worried about how we will go for Front Rowers next year. Bubba gone already (which i was dreading as i have always been a fan), JT probably going(meh, could be anything but definitely not here), That leaves us with Caylo, Fui and Josh currently, maybe Junior if he re-signs. that's pretty thin. Sure a couple of the guys, Chad, Hindy can play front for but thats only fill in. I really hope we sign a couple of big guys or there is some coming through because they will be needed

don't forget richie fa aoso he is still only 22 and i think he can develop into a very good front rower!!!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
lucablight said:
Ashton Sims was just another one of the overrated forwards from the "best team on paper" in 2004 and 2005

yeah, he doesn't overly excite me as a player..