What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zeus

He's developing into a solid centre. His defensive problems of earlier in the season aren't as obvious as his confidence grows.

eastsrule

Bench
Johns Magic said:
Hey I'm just wondering what all you guys think of Ryan "Zeus" McGoldrick?
Have you been pleased with him this year? Do you think he was a good buy? Any particular parts of his game that you like/dislike?
I am interested because he was a nice guy and my dad was his union coach last year. But don't hold that against me ;-)

Is your dad Michael Doyle?

Hahahaha.... I think a few people came out of the blocks a bit quick this week bragging about how myself and others were wrong about him. THEY KNOW WHO THEY ARE!!!!!

I won't bring up all the threads..................................... :lol:

Like I said before McGoldrick is still trying to cement his place in first grade each week let alone being a great centre that many think he is!!!

The guy that ran rings around us tonight would be a great buy unfortunately we haven't been connected with him . Joel Monahan!!!!!

McGOLDRICK IS AVERAGE AT BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND I FOUND THAT OUT WITHOUT PLAYING FOOTBALL BACK FLIP!!!!!!!!

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Ohh its easy to tell you've never played before. But thats beside the point, Mcgoldricks defense was terrible tonight. Actually it wasn't his defense as far, it was his technique. He is going too high. Whether that was a result of being uncomfortable on that side or not I don't know.
It also seems that you won't get selected if you tackle low.
Compounding the problem was the defensive line. It did not move up at all in most cases in the first half. This also caused Franze problems with Monoghan being a full flight be the time he got to the defense.
He played poorly for mine, as there were another 3 tries on offer for him that he didn't take advantage of. Goldie also beat his centre every time 1 on 1.

Special K

Coach
He was better than Franze though ;-)

He didn't play his best. But it is hard to play your best in a team lacking go forward and their two main ball players.

He had a bad game but so did a far few other blokes, he is still our best man to partner Vagana

Interesting to note is that he was the only kicking for touch....

Macca

Coach
He played Union, he'd have to be able to kick out on the full, that's all they do. :p

woo hoo dragon slayer lets all gloat because one of our players wasnt good enough

you must have been licking your lips as he made a few f**k ups
he wasnt the best on field last night but at least he isnt the dick of the week

that dubious honour goes to you

millersnose

Post Whore
Dragon Slayer said:
Hahahaha.... I think a few people came out of the blocks a bit quick this week bragging about how myself and others were wrong about him. THEY KNOW WHO THEY ARE!!!!!

I won't bring up all the threads..................................... :lol:

Like I said before McGoldrick is still trying to cement his place in first grade each week let alone being a great centre that many think he is!!!

The guy that ran rings around us tonight would be a great buy unfortunately we haven't been connected with him . Joel Monahan!!!!!

McGOLDRICK IS AVERAGE AT BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND I FOUND THAT OUT WITHOUT PLAYING FOOTBALL BACK FLIP!!!!!!!!

i bet ya he holds his center position in first grade all year ...easily

Well I noticed that 2 of their tries came from when McGoldrick was at marker and he was trying to run back and fill his centre position after the play the ball, which is why we saw those terrible arm tackles. Someone needs to slide across and cover the centre positions after they've done a tackle.

I'm not saying he had a good game, but he was made to look worse because the Canbera players knew to run at the gap created when McGoldrick marks.

millersnose

Post Whore
is nutley a bad player now that he missed tackles also?

i note the only real tackle bust was franze on the first try does this make franze the gun center?

Macca

Coach
ShireShark said:
woo hoo dragon slayer lets all gloat because one of our players wasnt good enough

you must have been licking your lips as he made a few f**k ups
he wasnt the best on field last night but at least he isnt the dick of the week

that dubious honour goes to you

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Doesn't stop you from gloating when Bird stuffs up. What did you expect from Dragon Slayer anyway, he has been copping it all week from Reefy. Naturally he would jump on this.

wittyfan

Referee
According to today's Herald, Birdy is now a pizza boy while he serves out his suspension. :lol:

A player makes some errors and someone has to pounce on it. This happens every week, one player goes bad and people take note, next week he guns it and pie is all over their face!

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Nobody who critices or wraps players in a non bias/non personality/& intelligent manner really gets egg on their face.
But when you support players based on rumour, thats when you look silly.
Even worse when you bag players because they don't fit your opinion of how the team should look, makes you look ridiculous.
Case in point merrit/ Zeus.
Nobody puts in more effort than him. He has deficiencies that he will improve on. His base game is solid. Deserves criticism of technique.
merrit. Plays like he has already cashed his contract cheque. no visible effort. Deserves to be criticised by all & sundry as he is one of our highest paid.

Macca

Coach
Well then everyone should have egg on their face because everyone has bias towards different people. Whether it be good or bad. If you are claiming that you don't show bias Reefy then we better all give up now.

Latest posts