What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zuess Cut Loose ?

Frenzy.

Immortal
black_dot said:
Also, how would Kinga's chances look, and how would the kid feel if CHAD RANDALL was offered a contract ????

Well I don't think his chances are good anyway. Otherwise he would of been retained as a Sharks player.

Alan Shore

First Grade
Thanks for that Sparrow, clears some of the cap issues up. I didn't know we had those other 10 on contract, or at least it didn't occur to me initially anyway.

mr_sharks

Juniors
Sheros los Deros said:
Perhaps Goldy can join Canberra with Lomu. Lomu looked the same old player last week playing for the Raiders as he did for the Sharks.

Apparently Lomu went well last night against the Cowboys. The Raiders fans have been giving him many points for 3-2-1.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Tamazoid said:
Thanks for that Sparrow, clears some of the cap issues up. I didn't know we had those other 10 on contract, or at least it didn't occur to me initially anyway.

Yep. Check the official site. The 35 profiled players are all on contracts.

Took a bit of digging to get the info just quietly.

Sutho_Sharks

Juniors
Sorry to interject but........the bold type is not evidence. It is merely a collective perception supported by nothing other than opinion. Evidence is fact based.

So are you saying the NRL is easier than PL? Its playing on words really isnt it, still, its a FACT the NRL is harder, thats why in most sports there is a grading system, this is evidenced by the different levels of difficulty (ie 1st grade & 2nd grade, A's & B's, First Division & Second Division), as is the same case in the PL and NRL issue.

Either way, good to see that Zeus has been cut loose making way for someone with SOME talent.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Sutho_Sharks said:
So are you saying the NRL is easier than PL? Its playing on words really isnt it, still, its a FACT the NRL is harder, thats why in most sports there is a grading system, this is evidenced by the different levels of difficulty (ie 1st grade & 2nd grade, A's & B's, First Division & Second Division), as is the same case in the PL and NRL issue.

Either way, good to see that Zeus has been cut loose making way for someone with SOME talent.

If you have to ask I'm not saying it. It is indeed a fact that NRL is harder.

It is also a fact that it can be harder to play in PL. Not the standard but the circumstances. In PL the team changes more often, the pressures to rise to NRL are great. The pressures caused by being dropped from NRL are great. There are often different systems you have to get used to if you are dropped.

There's an old saying in sport. It's often harder to get out of a team than it is to get in it. Those pressures are what can make playing in the lower grade more difficult.

I don't expect you to understand though, I don't expect you've played anything more competitive than Mouse Trap.

tye

Juniors
There was a story in the Manly Daily on Friday linking manly centre Steve Matai to the sharks....would be a good buy but how many players are we being linked to?

Sutho_Sharks

Juniors
It is also a fact that it can be harder to play in PL. Not the standard but the circumstances. In PL the team changes more often, the pressures to rise to NRL are great. The pressures caused by being dropped from NRL are great. There are often different systems you have to get used to if you are dropped.

Well thats 100% OPINION, and an opinion not held by to many people. Yes its no doubt hard, but the 'pressures' are far greater to that of PL - shining eg, Merritt, plays well in PL cos their is minimal pressure on him, then steps up to firsts and struggles. The 'pressure' issue may be of concern to Zeus quality players yes, but any half decent player would not find it difficult in PL because they would carve it up and make firsts in no time!!!!

I don't expect you to understand though, I don't expect you've played anything more competitive than Mouse Trap.

#-o

Concluding with a personal attack, that speaks for itself doesnt it. You havent been stalking me have you, cos I dont know how you have any idea about what sports I have/havent played :^o

imasharkie

Coach
Sutho_Sharks wrote:
Merritt, plays well in PL cos their is minimal pressure on him, then steps up to firsts and struggles.

Now just a moment SS you're sounding a bit like pointer here(are you related), Merritt hasn't been given that chance yet this year, so your argument just went out the door, get your god damn facts right and I don't want to hear you rabbling on about last year as he was ten times better than the pet but has not been given any sort of chance by a coach who is against him. For me I hope he signs with the Gold Coast Pirates and comes back to bite you on the ass.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Sutho_Sharks said:
Well thats 100% OPINION, and an opinion not held by to many people. Yes its no doubt hard, but the 'pressures' are far greater to that of PL - shining eg, Merritt, plays well in PL cos their is minimal pressure on him, then steps up to firsts and struggles. The 'pressure' issue may be of concern to Zeus quality players yes, but any half decent player would not find it difficult in PL because they would carve it up and make firsts in no time!!!!

#-o

Concluding with a personal attack, that speaks for itself doesnt it. You havent been stalking me have you, cos I dont know how you have any idea about what sports I have/havent played :^o

That's not attack. You'll know when it is. Like the one you copped just before you ran away for a few weeks. :)

Sorry about the Mouse Trap gag, must of been Hungry Hippos.

imasharkie

Coach
black_dot said:
RLW today :-

----

Don't expect to see too much more of Ryan McGoldrick in the top grade
at the Sharks this season. Cronulla's coaching staff have been less than
impressed with the former waratah's attitude and he is likely to be cut
loose at the end of 2005

------

Another disgraceful decision by an incompetent coaching staff, headed by that underling Raper. Goldy maybe not the best centre running around the nrl but is a competent fill in when injury hits our backline. Already we look like having no quality back line players coming to us and Raper decides we don't want to keep any back up players in case of injury. Raper's coaching techneques have all the good grade players available heading in the opposite direction to Cronulla and our quality players in pl are sent packing. Does this goose know anything about coaching in the NRL?

black_dot

Juniors
LOL sparrow I only just realised you had replied but I thought you were just ignoring the inference !

Ima, the problem also is that players dont WANT to stay at a club where they think they are just a fill in......

Every player and his manager thinks he is an NRL standard player, many of them get a rude shock when the phone doesnt ring offering them deals. So players are not going to sit around in reserves waiting for their chance, they look for a starting spot.

Mr Sharkie

Juniors
black_dot said:
Also, how would Kinga's chances look, and how would the kid feel if CHAD RANDALL was offered a contract ????

He'd feel about as gutted as I would for him. I really worry that of all the players we're letting go. Kingston & Merritt are the ones most likely to be Matt King all over again.

Alan Shore

First Grade
What's wrong with shagging someone if they offer?

Seriously, McGoldrick has not performed that well but I don't give a damn about his off-field stuff unless it's illegal.

White Poiner

Coach
imasharkie said:
Sutho_Sharks wrote:

Now just a moment SS you're sounding a bit like pointer here(are you related), Merritt hasn't been given that chance yet this year, so your argument just went out the door, get your god damn facts right and I don't want to hear you rabbling on about last year as he was ten times better than the pet but has not been given any sort of chance by a coach who is against him. For me I hope he signs with the Gold Coast Pirates and comes back to bite you on the ass.

Oi thats embarrising.
Just cause i was correct that covell is a safer winger than merrit. Dosent mean you have to have a dig at me.

imasharkie

Coach
black_dot said:
A player isnt a bargain at $0 a week if he costs games reefy. Goldy hasnt cost us many IMO but your theory that someone will pay him more than $40000 a year just cause he's cheap is flawed. Like buying something on sale just because it's cheap.

Your right there beeks. McGoldy has cost us games and as much as I'd like him to stay, if his attitudes not right.............cya.

Ryan and Been There hate Cronulla so much why stay around.
Go to a club that want to appreciate you guys.

Latest posts