What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Worst 17

Tweed Titan

Bench
Pick your worst team out of players that regularly play first grade. Captain is who you think is the worst player in the team.
Too bad you can't pick Joel Reddy this year, he was normally a lock for this team.

1. William Zillman
2. Brayden Wiliame
3. Tim Moltzen (regular player might be a stretch here)
4. Blake Ayshford
5. Nathan Ross
6. Daniel Mortimer (c)
7. Jeff Robson
8. Frank-Paul Nuuausala
9. Rory Kostjaysyn
10. Luke Burgess
11. Matt Prior
12. Will Matthews
13. Jack Buchanan

14. Tyler Randell
15. Josh Starling
16. Tim Browne
17. David Gower

Co-Coaches: Ricky Stuart & Nathan Brown

I reckon the 1999 Western Suburbs Magpies might even beat this team. Definitely would not win a game if this roster played this season.

--Storm--

Juniors
Ricky Stuart has the team this season to hit back at his doubters, easily a top 4 team and premiership contenders, if he misses the 8 with this team he's forever a shit stain.

Jimmy-o

Juniors
Lussick in for Gower. Jono Wright is a bit stiff to miss out. Also, find a way to have Kidley captaining from the bench (I don't care that he's in SL now).

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Nice effort that team is Sysmo quality.

Just swap Gower for Luke Kelly and you are on a winner.

natheel

Coach
Pick your worst team out of players that regularly play first grade. Captain is who you think is the worst player in the team.
Too bad you can't pick Joel Reddy this year, he was normally a lock for this team.

1. William Zillman
2. Brayden Wiliame
4. Blake Ayshford
5. Nathan Ross
6. Daniel Mortimer (c)
7. Jeff Robson
8. Frank-Paul Nuuausala
9. Rory Kostjaysyn
10. Luke Burgess
11. Matt Prior
12. Will Matthews
13. Jack Buchanan

14. Tyler Randell
15. Josh Starling
16. Tim Browne
17. David Gower

I reckon the 1999 Western Suburbs Magpies might even beat this team. Definitely would not win a game if this roster played this season.

But rough on Gower. If you need someone from Parra go Luke Kelly. Gower is pretty under rated

Clifferd

Coach
Also Kyle Lovett should get a mention, I don't think I've ever seen him play a decent game

Mind boggling how he keeps getting selected

Vic Mackey

Referee
Bit tough n some of them. Matt prior and David gower are hardly terrible. Same with Matthews, Kostjayso and Browne. Sure they might not be stars but most of these guys hold their own.

Someone like FPN id call dumb and inconsistent, can still be good.

Jack Buchanan is the worst front rower I have seen in a long, long time. He doesn't have a single attribute that should see him in first grade yet has been a regular for 4 years now. Particularly when we have a pretty strong front row in nsw cup.

RedVDave

First Grade
Call me bias if you want but Will Matthews is very underrated one of the best defensive players in our side, hits hard to.

RedVDave

First Grade
Bit tough n some of them. Matt prior and David gower are hardly terrible. Same with Matthews, Kostjayso and Browne. Sure they might not be stars but most of these guys hold their own.

Someone like FPN id call dumb and inconsistent, can still be good.

Jack Buchanan is the worst front rower I have seen in a long, long time. He doesn't have a single attribute that should see him in first grade yet has been a regular for 4 years now. Particularly when we have a pretty strong front row in nsw cup.

Dan Hunt says hi, I know he retired last season but the most ineffective prop forward to EVER play.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Dan Hunt says hi, I know he retired last season but the most ineffective prop forward to EVER play.

Meh at least Hunt ran hard. Buchanan lumbers to the line, gets pushed back 3 meters, drops it and then has this dazed and confused look on his face. It happens seemingly every hit up.

--Storm--

Juniors
Zillman was a up and coming star before all he's injuries hit, Titans have only stuck by him out because they feel for him.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Considering moltzen hasn't played first grade for 2 and a half years id probably put Waqa Blake in the centers.

Clifferd

Coach
This article serves as a reminder as to just how good Hayne was in 09.

I still think morts was an X factor to that Parras late charge in 09, just that whole Parra team was overshadowed by possibly the best ever run individual performances by a single player in Hayne

Shame Morts couldn't follow through and Has now sunk to the depths of jeff Robson and Tim loltzen

Charlie124

First Grade

1. William Zillman
2. Brayden Wiliame
4. Blake Ayshford
5. Nathan Ross
6. Daniel Mortimer (c)
7. Jeff Robson
8. Frank-Paul Nuuausala
9. Rory Kostjaysyn
10. Luke Burgess
11. Matt Prior
12. Will Matthews
13. Jack Buchanan

14. Tyler Randell
15. Josh Starling
16. Tim Browne
17. David Gower

You should watch a Cowboys game from time to time, Kosty has been very solid for us and is even more valuable to us since the interchange was reduced to 8 as he plays as a backrower when Granville comes on. Hes never going to be a superstar but he's a great utility who could probably walk into the starting hooker position of half the teams in the comp.

Latest posts