What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Challenge Cup 2016

langpark

First Grade
Oldham have beaten Hull KR 36-24 today too! It's all happening! I wonder if there are any more upsets still in store yet.

JonB95

Juniors
Very rarely. Leigh beat two SL teams last year but they have a full time squad, Featherstone beat Castleford in 2012 but I think their squad was also full time or mostly full time, before that you're probably going back to about 2006. The last time a part-time Championship team like Oldham beat a SL club was I think 2003.

Barrow beat Castleford in 2010, I think that was the last major one.

adamkungl

Immortal
Toulouse knocking off the top Championship team is a big result for international RL. Building a lot of momentum for a SL team within 5 years

JonB95

Juniors
That was Feav I thought I remember watching people cramming in at post office Rd, also Leigh got a few SL scalps but this is something else up the Roughyeds

Fev beat Cas in 2012 but Barrow (who I think were completely part time?) also beat them in 2010.

That said, these were teams at the top end of the Championship at the time, I can't remember seeing anything like what Oldham have done. They were in League 1 last season and have been strapped for cash for a long time. And they won comprehensively.

roughyedspud

Coach
To put it into context...our wage bill has been banded about as being around £150,000...id put good money that probably isn't even that much? Our players are on a basic match fee plus a win bonus...

And hull kr are spending the full salary cap of £1.8m

langpark

First Grade
Next round:

Castleford vs Salford

Oldham vs Warrington

Dewsbury vs Wigan

Batley vs Catalans

Halifax vs Widnes

St Helens vs Hull

Wakefield vs Toulouse

Huddersfield vs Leeds

I can't see any non-SL team surviving this round I'm afraid.