What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Perth Red

Post Whore
PricewaterhouseCoopers, commissioned by the state government to prepare a thorough report into the design of the stadium, has been working closely with the Western Sydney Wanderers and Parramatta Eels
Representatives from the National Rugby League, Football Federation Australia and the Australian Rugby Union will also attend the meeting.
It will be the final meeting before the government puts the project out to tender.

The major sticking point for the Wanderers revolves around a safe standing zone for active supporter group Red and Black Bloc, trying to find a solution that doesn't impede rugby league fans.
"We need to get the right model so that they can be taken down for the rugby league season and the sight line isn't affected while another tenant is using it," Wanderers chief executive John Tsatsimas said.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...arramatta-to-be-unveiled-20160208-gmozp4.html

So I maintain soccer has not driven any stadium strategy or agendas & despite you hopping up on your soap box , it would appear & I can't stress this enough..
your thesis doesn't disprove this.
That's what I Said originally
I'll stick to that.
Cheers.

Haha. Nah dude.

Suitman said that soccer had a big say in Pirtek. You said they didn't. Spin that how you want.

And since my thesis focused on 3 years of planning failures that led to the original SFS rebuild plan, I really hope that it doesn't disprove your point.

I have however spent the last 6 months following the Sydney Stadium debate full-time reading hundreds of pages and speaking to bureacrats. I think I have my head pretty much around who has had what influence.

Suitman

Post Whore
Soccer hasn't had a say in any stadium agendas anywhere in Australia
The sport is as irrelevant here as it is everywhere else in this nation.
Ahhmmmmm....... they've had a massive say in the new Pirtek.

You were so wrong it's not funny.
Other posters have proven that the Wanderers have had plenty of say in the design of Pirtek.
The Eels fans that attended the forums of PCW were pretty meh about their wishes. (a footbridge from the leagues club....lol)
Wanderers fans however were very specific about many of their requests - hoping for more of a modern European style stadium.
Both sets of fans and officials had their concerns/wishes duly noted and taken into account in the PWC commissioned report.
So your claim that soccer hasn't had a say in any stadium agendas in Australia is purely wrong.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Haha. Nah dude.

Suitman said that soccer had a big say in Pirtek. You said they didn't. Spin that how you want.

And since my thesis focused on 3 years of planning failures that led to the original SFS rebuild plan, I really hope that it doesn't disprove your point.

I have however spent the last 6 months following the Sydney Stadium debate full-time reading hundreds of pages and speaking to bureacrats. I think I have my head pretty much around who has had what influence.

Other posters have proven that the Wanderers have had plenty of say in the design of Pirtek.
The Eels fans that attended the forums of PCW were pretty meh about their wishes. (a footbridge from the leagues club....lol)
Wanderers fans however were very specific about many of their requests - hoping for more of a modern European style stadium.
Both sets of fans and officials had their concerns/wishes duly noted and taken into account in the PWC commissioned report.
So your claim that soccer hasn't had a say in any stadium agendas in Australia is purely wrong.

Haha
I'm still waiting for someone to show me where hooliganball sets & drives stadium agenda in Australia.
No one has been able to

Just
Oh oh .. I know what I'm talking about .. Lol

Sooker fans were asked if they want 3 ply toilet paper in the new stadium loos

Lol
Wow

Perth Red

Post Whore
Of course soccer has been involved in stadium "agendas", they are consulted and involved in decisions and designs on all the new rectangular stadiums or refurbs in the country that host soccer games or Aleague clubs. How is that not being involved in the "agenda"? Nobody is saying they "set and drive the agenda" that isnt want you originally claimed lol. Give it up mate your just looking dumb now.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Of course soccer has been involved in stadium "agendas", they are consulted and involved in decisions and designs on all the new rectangular stadiums or refurbs in the country that host soccer games or Aleague clubs. How is that not being involved in the "agenda"? Nobody is saying they "set and drive the agenda" that isnt want you originally claimed lol. Give it up mate your just looking dumb now.

If I was looking as dumb as you constantly do I would be worried lol

Pommy

Coach
Would Parra even get a new stadium if the Wanderers weren't selling it out each game?

Wanderers highest yearly average is 14,860 according to Wiki. So yes is the answer.
That's same year Para got about 18k also from wiki.

Suitman

Post Whore
Wanderers highest yearly average is 14,860 according to Wiki. So yes is the answer.
That's same year Para got about 18k also from wiki.

The Parramatta 18 k average that you mention includes games at ANZ.
Check their average for Pirtek alone.

Pommy

Coach
The Parramatta 18 k average that you mention includes games at ANZ.
Check their average for Pirtek alone.

I'm not that fussed really just pointing out McWanderers don't sell out every game.
Do Parra draw more at ANZ or Pirtek? Without ANZ I would imagine the average would be higher.

Suitman

Post Whore
I'm not that fussed really just pointing out McWanderers don't sell out every game.
Do Parra draw more at ANZ or Pirtek? Without ANZ I would imagine the average would be higher.

Not arguing that, but I also think it's a bit dubious to believe the Pirtek would be getting an upgrade without the Wanderers.
So far in 2016, both the Eels and Wanderers have played 7 games each there.
The Wanderers average was 15688, while the Eels currently average 13071.
I think it was an important consideration of the state govt that two successful clubs are playing out of the venue keeping it in use for 12 months of the year.
I'm not sure the govt could have justified the $300 million upgrade spend on just the Eels alone.
Just my take on things.
And just on the ANZ thing, the Eels draw a significantly higher average crowd at ANZ than they do at Pirtek.

http://www.austadiums.com/stadiums/stadiums_crowds.php?id=85

Pommy

Coach
Not arguing that, but I also think it's a bit dubious to believe the Pirtek would be getting an upgrade without the Wanderers.
So far in 2016, both the Eels and Wanderers have played 7 games each there.
The Wanderers average was 15688, while the Eels currently average 13071.
I think it was an important consideration of the state govt that two successful clubs are playing out of the venue keeping it in use for 12 months of the year.
I'm not sure the govt could have justified the $300 million upgrade spend on just the Eels alone.
Just my take on things.
And just on the ANZ thing, the Eels draw a significantly higher average crowd at ANZ than they do at Pirtek.

http://www.austadiums.com/stadiums/stadiums_crowds.php?id=85

I'm not arguing that Wanderers have nothing to do with it, just that they don't sell out every game. Surprised they draw more at ANZ. Reciprocal away fans maybe?

Timbo

Staff member
I don't know why people are so hostile to the notion that other codes success is a factor in NRL grounds getting an upgrade.

Look at the three Sydney stadiums slated for upgrades - all multi tenant stadiums, in the case of Pirtek and the SFS during the regular season as well. And ANZ gets its share of Socceroo and Wallaby tests.

There is a reason that clubs like the Sharks and Eagles have brought up the idea of them being partners in an A-League franchise somewhere down the road. It'd be a lot easier to get more out of the public purse if there were multiple interested parties playing out of a stadium.

Suitman

Post Whore
I'm not arguing that Wanderers have nothing to do with it, just that they don't sell out every game. Surprised they draw more at ANZ. Reciprocal away fans maybe?

Fair enough, the link on my quote clearly proves that the Wanderers don't sell out every game. Not sure who ever claimed they did??

As for the larger average for the Eels at ANZ, it's due to a number of factors, one of which you have already stated. Others being the larger capacity, better facilities (the current Pirtek is an out of date shithole) and the fact that we play teams there that have quite large supporter bases - Bulldogs, Rabbits and Tigers

shaggs

Coach
I don't know why people are so hostile to the notion that other codes success is a factor in NRL grounds getting an upgrade.

Look at the three Sydney stadiums slated for upgrades - all multi tenant stadiums, in the case of Pirtek and the SFS during the regular season as well. And ANZ gets its share of Socceroo and Wallaby tests.

There is a reason that clubs like the Sharks and Eagles have brought up the idea of them being partners in an A-League franchise somewhere down the road. It'd be a lot easier to get more out of the public purse if there were multiple interested parties playing out of a stadium.

The Sharks getting an A-league team would be great for any upgrade of SCGS. f**k that, it's endeavour. A-league would work in the shire, they can use the synthetic soccer stadium up the road for training. Share the gym with the sharks league team. Win/win for Cronulla.

I don't understand the opposition from you lot. Who cares. As long as the ground is rectangular, with the fences as close to the field as safely possible. Not this oval garbage where the sideline is 20 metres away.

Pommy

Coach
Fair enough, the link on my quote clearly proves that the Wanderers don't sell out every game. Not sure who ever claimed they did??

As for the larger average for the Eels at ANZ, it's due to a number of factors, one of which you have already stated. Others being the larger capacity, better facilities (the current Pirtek is an out of date shithole) and the fact that we play teams there that have quite large supporter bases - Bulldogs, Rabbits and Tigers

For me I much prefer Pirtek over ANZ. Its just a big soulless dump where your sat a mile from the pitch.
Someone did mention them selling out every game I can't be bothered to go back though.

Latest posts