What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best NSW players to never play representative football?

Nice Beaver

First Grade
You can't count City-Country as an exclusion to a player making this sort of list. That Mickey Mouse crap is not true rep footy. Half the team pull out as soon as the team is named. Nothing more than an "All-Stars" match.

Always felt Michael Monaghan was under-rated and worthy of a utility role at some stage.

gunpk

Juniors
Matt Orford got close to being picked when NSW were having trouble filling up the halves spot didn't he?

THE CHAMP

First Grade
David Williams oh hang on
John hopoate oh hang on
Anthony Quinn wait a minute
Nathan merrit whoops
Jarrod Mullen?

TheVelourFog

First Grade
Did Todd Carney play Origin? Jeez he was a good player - but he just kept falling short or f**king up. In an era where NSW were desperate for play makers - how he managed to f**k up so badly he wasn't a staple of the side took some doing

did you sleep through 2012?

Parra Pride

Coach
I know he played for Australia, but Chris Lawrence before the dislocated hip should have gotten a game for NSW.

Yeah tbh it's laughable that Blake Austin didn't get selected over the last 2 years.
Good for the Raiders though...

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
I know he played for Australia, but Chris Lawrence before the dislocated hip should have gotten a game for NSW.
Lawrence was very close, he had some defence issues when he was younger. He'd cleaned those deficiencies & was going gang busters before he did his hip. Another season in the form he was in and i think he would have been in the NSW team. That said he came back from his hip injury and it was like he never left, I remember watching his first couple of games back with mates & we were gob smacked. To come back from a potential career ender & look like you haven't missed a minute of footy. What really killed him was the hamstring issues. He started to have constant and niggling hamstring issues not to long after his return from the hip injury. He just couldn't really stretch out, and I think this contributed to his loss in pace & lateral movement. That's what really cruelled his rep chances, his hamstrings wouldn't let him be the centre he used to be. Though he has a new lease of life now in the backrow. Which as a tiger's fan I'm ecstatic about. He seems like a genuinely sincere & great guy. I don't think you'd find a tiger's fan that wouldn't wish the guy well.

OVP

Coach
I was going to mention Brett Finch for a laugh, but remembered he did play origin. Go the FOFF.

lolfinch27ya.gif