What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 R26 - Wests Tigers 10-52 Raiders @ Leichhardt Oval

Round 26: Wests Tigers v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pete Cash

Post Whore
We are just too big out wide. I reckon the tigers have some talent but they can be exposed on the fringes. We have arguably the best attacking edge in the comp.

I think off the top of my head from two games rapana has scored 6 tries against them, bj 4, papalii 2, croker 2 with whitehead also picking up a try.

Thats 15 tries over 2 games and thats not even counting the tries that were started through the edges like williams or sezers in the first game

Edit

Bj only scored 3 tries across the two games so take one off the total

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I dont like laying the boot into teams after they have been knocked out. As a supporter of a team thats more or less been the biggest failure in the nrl era i know it sucks as fans

The tigers problem at least from the games against the raiders is the defence is not very structured so there are a lot of gaps. The raiders defence used to do the thing where one guy runs up and another guy sits back and the opposition equivalent of josh papalii gets in between those two players and he just strolls across the line.

The other issue as far as i can see is the team doesnt slide well. This is normally linked arm in arm with the above. On the first papalii try from the hodgson run around poor old moses saw that he was one on one with papalii and rushed up. It was probably the wrong option but he would have thought the only way to stop this try is with miracle contact but he run the wrong line to where the ball ended up.

A good defensive outfit would have had the backrower sliding with moses to stop the one on one situation.

Moses is a talent. He is a goer and has so much upside but if you guys dont learn to hide he is going to have the confidence rattled out of him. Its not like the lad is totally useless in defence. He is better than he was.

How many points you reckon we ran past Moses? Papalii and Wighton strolled past him like he wasn't there. Brooks is worse though. He got bumped off every time.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
The tigers problem at least from the games against the raiders is the defence is not very structured so there are a lot of gaps.

Yep, their line was constantly staggered yesterday and just invited us in. Obviously there was a plan to rush our edges and limit the opportunities created by BJ and Croker but I think they totally underestimated the ability Whitehead and Papalii have to put plays on. Those two just did whatever they wanted.

We’ve made ourselves incredibly difficult to defend against this season. Both edges are very creative and if the opposition focuses on that then Hodgson just puts something on up the middle. This is why Austin isn’t a massive loss because our attacking structure isn’t based around our halves being creative, they just play a simple kick and pass game. We just lose a bit of x-factor with Austin.

Last edited:

rabbitohs95

Bench
Disappointing end to what was a mainly positive year. Today showed that we are still a long way off being near the top teams but overall I think everyone of our players improved on 2015 which is a good sign. Kid well (defensive coach) going is a good thing and hopefully Webster can do something in the pre season.

Main positive is I've saved myself about a grand on flights, accom etc for Brisbane next week.

Hoping the raiders or panthers win it from here.
A new mate of mine took me to the ground and the first thing I thought was you guys really need some experience.

I'm talking guys aged 28-30 who have played 150+ games that are able to take a game by the scruff of the neck. I reckon they should invest in guys like Sam Moa, Tagataese and Greg Eastwood. Just coming from an outsiders perspective.

Also Brooks is an absolute passanger, can't believe after last year Moses is now the better half. Reminds me a lot of Sandow, very inconsistent with a flash of brilliance. May be time to let him go and sign an experienced half.

Geez I can't emphasise how much experience the Tigers lack. I await the day they become a force again.

rabbitohs95

Bench
A 59percent completion rate is unacceptable. You even had the refs on your side and disgraced yourselves.

The team looked completely disinterested. Lacking in heart and completely overawed.

Lmao!!!!!!!!!!

You were gone the minute you stepped foot on the field and saw the crowd. The players shit themselves lol.
This is why I can't bring myself to respect you. For every good post you make, you write about 50 idiotic and stupid ones.

Rabbits20

Immortal
This is why I can't bring myself to respect you. For every good post you make, you write about 50 idiotic and stupid ones.
They give it out they have to take it back.

It works both ways.

All good banter.

Plus they continue to unleash at alien.

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Did your "very busy day" include making all these posts, in the same thread, to get your post count up so you can feel better about being a friendless, bitter and lonely man who probably still lives with Mummy and suckles at her tit before nap time? Just wondering.
No actually it didn't. I've used multi quote too.

Not lonely or bitter all.

Happy with my life. Got a good balance.

I had to make the posts. It's been hilarious.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I'm just trying to make you feel at home.
Botany Road

Take me home

To the place I belong

Back to REDFERN

South of Sydney

Take me home

Botany Road

The Pride of the League Senseless are the ultimate and most passionate!!!!!

Fine tradition history that others cannot best.

They mauled the Balmain Tigers.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
ok so you're a 2nd team twat
Well,thats the thing. You believe it's a new club. I think it's an evolutionary product of two old clubs.
In my defence, you also believe that Trump would be a good leader and president, so your beliefs are clearly simple. Not in a good way.

Latest posts