What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: India v Australia at Pune on Feb 23-27, 2017 - AUST WIN BY 333 RUNS

BunniesMan

Immortal
One of the many crazy things about this game: SOK got off to a slow start. When he went in to bowl the ball that would become his first wicket he was 0/30. Then he took 3 wickets in an over. And then he took 9 more. 0/30 -> 12/70

undertaker

Coach
AHhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Thank God SOK was MOTM. When i read Smith got it, I was thinking "WHAT?????????????"

That would've been an absolute travesty not to give MOTM to a player who took 12 wickets, let alone 6 of them in quick succession.

undertaker

Coach
Paytm (sponsors of this test series) chose the MOTM award, not Warne/Clarke or any of the commentary team (like it is with Ch9 in Australia).

If Warne/Clarke had any say in it, I guarantee they definitely would've chosen Smith.

Eelectrica

Referee
Paytm (sponsors of this test series) chose the MOTM award, not Warne/Clarke or any of the commentary team (like it is with Ch9 in Australia).

If Warne/Clarke had any say in it, I guarantee they definitely would've chosen Smith.
So it sounds like Clarke just Parrots whatever Warne says and doesn't actually have a mind of his own. Why doesn't that surprise me.

undertaker

Coach
So it sounds like Clarke just Parrots whatever Warne says and doesn't actually have a mind of his own. Why doesn't that surprise me.
Well, let's face it...after Warne was selected by the BCCI/Star Sports for commentary duties, he would've definitely had a big influence in Clarke's selection. It's not a coincidence that Clarke just happens to be there with Warne, let alone commentating in the same 30min stints.

As it goes in the real world, it's not what you know; it's who you know.

T-Boon

Coach

even the Kohli dismissal, Clarke's comment insinuates O'Keefe just got lucky with one that went straight. Clearly an arm ball, but no...."not sure he meant it".

Warne and his yes men are just total arses.

undertaker

Coach

Well, let's face it...after Warne was selected by the BCCI/Star Sports for commentary duties, he would've definitely had a big influence in Clarke's selection. It's not a coincidence that Clarke just happens to be there with Warne, let alone commentating in the same 30min stints.

As it goes in the real world, it's not what you know; it's who you know.

even the Kohli dismissal, Clarke's comment insinuates O'Keefe just got lucky with one that went straight. Clearly an arm ball, but no...."not sure he meant it".

Warne and his yes men are just total arses.

https://www.facebook.com/officialshanewarne/posts/986875914752496:0

Just to ram the point home, have a look at the squad for this year's Cricket All-Star series in America (whom Warne organised) and any coincidence Clarke is in the squad?

You be the subservient yes-man to your higher 'superiors' without a brain or opinion of your own, nod your head and agree with everything he says, and you get the job.

TIGER14

Bench
The main reason Clarke was bagging SOK has got to be that when he was captain he never picked him in the side just because the two of them didn't get along.
Clarke has cost O'Keefe what could have been a long and successful Test career.

undertaker

Coach
OT, that was an extremely poor crowd throughout the 3 days of the Pune test, very poor atmosphere. Hopefully Bangalore gets a bigger turn out. I miss the days when India used to get large crowds for test matches, especially during the 1998/2001 test series Australia had there.

IPL has well and truly killed test (and to a lesser extent, ODI) crowds in India

Iafeta

Referee
Hahjahajahha. Suck it India. Maybe without you bleeding the rest of the world with your big three revenue scheme you might drop back to oblivion.

Outstanding from O'Keefe.

Well done Australia.

T-Boon

Coach
The main reason Clarke was bagging SOK has got to be that when he was captain he never picked him in the side just because the two of them didn't get along.

I was at the SCG spectating a shield game one time maybe 8 years ago and remember watching O'Keefe practice his bowling in the nets - this was before I knew who he was. The dude just oozes personality. Possibly the total opposite of Clarke. I am not surprised to hear they didn't get along. Imagine trying to have a conversation with a cardboard cut out.

Iafeta

Referee
Time for another dust bowl India ? Lol. Massive lols that they can't play spin to save themselves.

undertaker

Coach

100% agree with you, TIGER14.

Makes you wonder how he could've gone had he debuted earlier in the post-Warne era, rather than the myriad of spinners the Aussie selectors have churned in and out of the side over the past decade.

Latest posts