What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: India v Australia at Pune on Feb 23-27, 2017 - AUST WIN BY 333 RUNS

tomdl

Bench
Renshaw on debut in India, despite being a bit crook exceded expectations once again. Really wonder what he'll be doing in 4-5 years time if he keeps his head screwed on.

Might be a big call and definitely still early days but I definitely think he could be our next captain.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Loved that Kohli wicket. What a test match!

Didn't Maxwell get out the exact same way in a BBL? or was it a ODI? He was crucified from pillar to post

Kholi, some claim (im looking at you Warne) claim him to be the best batsman in the world. Captain of the indian side which are unbeatable at home. When you needed him the absolute most, over and beyond any other innings he has played what happens?

= LOL

Today...I have Soul Glow.

Far out it's a great day. LOL. I've been chuckling all night...buzzed.

And even if we went on to lose the series 1-3, fug it...that was a commanding win. Another test win, and we secure the trophy, so c'mon lads, 1 out of 3 ain't bad.

I still can't believe it.

blaza88z

Coach
Today...I have Soul Glow.

Far out it's a great day. LOL. I've been chuckling all night...buzzed.

And even if we went on to lose the series 1-3, fug it...that was a commanding win. Another test win, and we secure the trophy, so c'mon lads, 1 out of 3 ain't bad.

I still can't believe it.

When you consider the last time we beat them and the team we had at that time, to see this squad able to thump them in that manner is extremely encouraging, however.. we haven't seen the best of these Indians yet and a dust top road is what I fear we will see in the next 3 games

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Quicks bowled a combined 4 overs in the fourth innings. So glad we picked Mitch Marsh so we don't burn them out. :joy:

I think one of the reasons we are so desperate to find an all rounder is because Lyon is so ineffective. We need some one to back up our quicks, Lyon sure as hell doesn't.

He has never taken 6 wickets in a test match and SOK does it twice in 2 days so we dont really need an all rounder with SOK in the team. Its also been over 4 years since the goat got a michelle and he is the one who is supposed to be cleaning up on day 4 or 5 and getting us home.

And s usual when we get a seaming pitch SOK will be dropped, Lyon will be retained and we will still continue to look for an all rounder or play MMarsh in a weakened team because they refuse to acknowledge that SOK is better than the goat.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Well that was about the best 2 nights I've ever had in the pub.

Funny thing is that every time SOK got a wicket every said the same thing, shame we dont have any audio so we can hear Warnie whinge.

Even the Indian commentators have picked up on it.

Bazal

Post Whore
Might be a big call and definitely still early days but I definitely think he could be our next captain.

Travis Head is probably the front runner....named captain of the SACAs at age 21, lead them to a Shield final at 22.

Very hard to say with players that young though. Anything could happen, and anyone could put their hand up. Who would have earmarked Smith as a future Aussie skipper when he was a bits and pieces leggie batting at 8?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I like Travis Head too but I think Kurtis Patterson should get the no 6 spot before him, thats of course if our selectors get it right which is a huge assumption.

It must be his turn soon, everyone else had had a turn.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
16996311_1756362534680685_5470587606045659976_n.png

Bazal

Post Whore
I like Travis Head too but I think Kurtis Patterson should get the no 6 spot before him, thats of course if our selectors get it right which is a huge assumption.

It must be his turn soon, everyone else had had a turn.

Unpopular opinion of the day....Patterson is not as good as the season he has had. Batting out of his skin and (IMO) above his level. And Head is better against spin (again, IMO).

He'll probably prove me wrong and on form he should get a chance to do that for sure, though.

Fangs

Coach
Holland is a left arm orthodox spinner not a leggie

Oops. You are very right. My mistake.

I could understand an argument about variety. The selectors weren't going to carry three left arm tweakers in the squad. Though I would have taken another all-rounder before Agar. And a better leggie than Swepson. Too late now...

Great to see us win again in India. They tried to f**k us with a crap pitch and got bitten on the arse. Now we have the momentum and India will be feeling the pressure.

tomdl

Bench
Warnie's social media disciples are already giving him credit for getting SOK to bowl better. Who'd have thought O'keefe was listening to Warnie while he was out on the field...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I heard last night that Warnie was copping ti deluxe on Twitter after SOK's first innings and he tried to talk his way around it by saying he only got wickets because he didn't spin the ball very much, like that is some sort of validation for getting it wrong.