What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels vs Titans Game Day Thread

bartman

Immortal
We made more metres up the middle than the Titans you clot....we contained their forwards all night and made more metres with the ball ourselves. I look forward to hearing how that amounts to "getting reamed"
We were reamed in the ruck. The flow was all theirs.

It's not about metres gained, it's about impact and context. Our forwards were plodding with no impact - kind of like your forum posting history Baz... :p

strider

Post Whore
True, but that is not what the rule states. If it's a line ball call the refs are best off going with the actual rule.
It wasnt even straight down... he touched it infront of the line and it hit bevos shoulder across the line .... for klein to call it a try was ludicrus - that is ALWAYS called a knock on - end of story

Irrelevant tho cos we were busted arses anyway

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
On the whole the defence was ok, but what I meant by "some" poor defence was individual moments that let us down, sadly mostly from Taka

Taka terrible!! Not mobile enough to play a sliding defence.

He will get a few more chances but other coaches after seeing tonight will test us more on that side now.

If Auva'a can back to his 2014 form I can see him potentially getting a promotion by mid year. BA has always made the hard decisions.

Avenger

Immortal
Personally I think Neil Henry outcoached Brad Arthur tonight. Our bench was all wrong. O'Brien didn't even start FFS!. I don't think you can ever not have a utility/2nd hooker on the bench if K. Pritchard is your starting hooker.

emjaycee

Coach
I had my doubts about Gutherson. When Norman went off in the 9s Gutherson failed to take control that was a sign that he's not a half. And we saw him again today without Norman, he's got no plan or can't follow it. Saying that the Fossil Robson didn't help him out. Norman is everything to Parra, we found out that for sure tonight when we could not beat a team which was depleted before and during the game.

When Ash Taylor come soff contract you chuck the bank at him IMO.

Are you seriously laying the blame for tonight on a guy that has played 32 first grade games, and only 11 of those in the #6?

Bazal

Post Whore
We were reamed in the ruck. The flow was all theirs.

It's not about metres gained, it's about impact and context. Our forwards were plodding with no impact - kind of like your forum posting history Baz... :p

Christ, if I'm a plodder they'll have to invent an entirely new category for you by comparison. "Liberal Party politician" seems rather fitting.

Taka terrible!! Not mobile enough to play a sliding defence.

He will get a few more chances but other coaches after seeing tonight will test us more on that side now.

If Auva'a can back to his 2014 form I can see him potentially getting a promotion by mid year. BA has always made the hard decisions.

He was horrible. Defensively inept rushing in like an idiot and he was exposed last week as well. Auva'a should be out in quick smart. Can he play on the right?

Avenger

Immortal
Are you seriously laying the blame for tonight on a guy that has played 32 first grade games, and only 11 of those in the #6?
No he isn't but you have to admit he is an uncoordinated slow couch. His kick out on the full had me wanting to go all medieval on his arse.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Personally I think Neil Henry outcoached Brad Arthur tonight. Our bench was all wrong. O'Brien didn't even start FFS!. I don't think you can ever not have a utility/2nd hooker on the bench if K. Pritchard is your starting hooker.

It all came down to errors. In that second half we made to many errors and just gave Titans good field position. No changes to the side is going to help the players hold the ball or stop stupid errors. Hold the ball (like we did in the first 15) and we win.

Bazal

Post Whore

Disagree. Arthur wasn't the one giving away penalties, dropping simple ball, misreading in defence and generally stinking at football. Our forwards won the battle in the middle and our halves got a better platform than Taylor and Elgey and did very little with it.

Not sure why O'Brien didn't get on but our bench wouldn't have made an inch of difference given the way we played. We didn't turn up, simple as that.