What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Jerseys, Logos, Sponsor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Ive got to say, im really impressed with standard of Jerseys this year.....

The general standard of the Mains are probably the best they have been since the 90s and MOST clubs are reserving themselves to just 4 jumper designs (Main, Alternate, 9s, 1 gimmick) which it think is the perfect size for each year.

Of all of the comps Main jerseys, i would only change 4 (and 3 of these not by much):
- Panthers need to make the stripes across the chest solid
- Tigers should continue the White V across the shoulders
- Eels should have their Alternate as their Main
- Titans need to tear that whole monstrosity down and start again

All in all though, i think we are definitely heading the right direction. Now, Clubs just need to hold only their Main jerseys permanently to build some brand recognition...

gzerounian

Juniors
Manly always wear maroon shorts and socks with their away kit.
Yes...and their home shorts are different to the away (white). Shame about the awful Lottoland on the away jersey. URM were supposed to be the major sponsor on the away jersey as well, but I think this was until they found a major sponsor for the away, however the press release for Lottoland never mentioned anything about the away jersey. Maybe waste disposal sponsorship is illegal in North Queensland the same way gambling ones are illegal in NZ (joking). Also I think Manly need a maroon collar on the away strip.

gzerounian

Juniors
xpxc1z.jpg

toomuchsoup

Juniors
Just because you're playing away, doesn't mean you have to wear the away jersey. Tigers dogshit away jersey is more of a clash than the home black strip

That tigers jersey just shits me

gzerounian

Juniors
Just because you're playing away, doesn't mean you have to wear the away jersey. Tigers dogshit away jersey is more of a clash than the home black strip

That tigers jersey just shits me
Spot on. And when it happens in Grand Finals it even more annoying.

Keiran Murphy

Juniors
Even 2017 Fox League Logos

Attachments

• 6hdd6.png
    6hdd6.png
    20.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 8q8gr-1.png
    8q8gr-1.png
    20.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 8q8gr.png
    8q8gr.png
    20.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 8wv7z-1.png
    8wv7z-1.png
    19.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 8wv7z.png
    8wv7z.png
    19 KB · Views: 4
  • 9xl4v.png
    9xl4v.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 94b9fe05d04eb1607cd82d006b5170d9-1.png
    94b9fe05d04eb1607cd82d006b5170d9-1.png
    59.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 94b9fe05d04eb1607cd82d006b5170d9.png
    94b9fe05d04eb1607cd82d006b5170d9.png
    54.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 896q5-1.png
    896q5-1.png
    19.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 896q5.png
    896q5.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 4

Keiran Murphy

Juniors
And Here Some More

Attachments

• 5250ca125204fb7769f74893421a8ea7-1.png
    5250ca125204fb7769f74893421a8ea7-1.png
    57.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 5250ca125204fb7769f74893421a8ea7.png
    5250ca125204fb7769f74893421a8ea7.png
    59.8 KB · Views: 2
  • br9yz-1.png
    br9yz-1.png
    21.6 KB · Views: 1
  • br9yz.png
    br9yz.png
    19.5 KB · Views: 2
  • df7447ed76c991682cf3a20f78d651a1-1.png
    df7447ed76c991682cf3a20f78d651a1-1.png
    61.1 KB · Views: 1
  • df7447ed76c991682cf3a20f78d651a1.png
    df7447ed76c991682cf3a20f78d651a1.png
    68.9 KB · Views: 2

thorson1987

Coach
Sharks womens team have picked up a sponsor without having a comp to play in.

Yet Parra still can't get one with national exposure.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...t/news-story/2e15c2b67839e24b4e49038b55ec1c69

Cronulla Sharks women’s nines team earn sponsors with no effort

A LINE you’ll often hear during this women’s sport Zeitgeist is that having female professional leagues and teams right now is about developing pathways, and commercial benefits aren’t of immediate concern.

12e0ef771190f9c42ab69dbde741dc4b

Ruan Sims shows off the women’s jersey with the new sponsorship. Picture: Gregg Porteous
But the Cronulla Sharks have learnt that financial windfalls can also be achieved.

In what was almost an ‘if you build it they will come’ approach, the Sharks have picked up front and back of jersey sponsors for their women’s nines team this season — a team that has no official competition to play in.

The Sharks contracted 28 female players — including Jillaroos Ruan Sims, Maddie Studdon, Corban McGregor and Allana Ferguson — to the club for 2017 with the purpose of having them training regularly and playing exhibition games to be match-ready for rep selection.

But they have picked up two sponsors who have no previous association with the club or the men’s team.

Australian Solar Designs will be on the front of the women’s jersey this season and owner-director Scott Mason said he considered partnering with the men’s team, but knew his investment would have greater appreciation and value with the female side.

806d5213fe6fc9972b0f09f10ef8f3b1

The Sharks added to women’s team to the club to help grow the female game in the Shire and because of the importance of diversity at the club. Picture: Gregg Porteous
“I’d rather help someone out who needs it rather than doesn’t need it so much and that’s how I looked at the whole business strategy around it,” Mason said.

“Even if I didn’t get any jobs out of that money or whatever it was, I’d rather give it to the women than the guys because they need it more and would be more appreciative for it.”

The Sharks hadn’t been actively in the market for sponsors, instead spreading the word of why they started a women’s team.

Cronulla CEO Lyall Gorman said they want girls and women to see rugby league as a game everyone can play and the commercial upside of partnerships with Australian Solar Designs and Airboard Co will allow them to continue to grow the footprint.

“We’re not doing this because of commercial, we’re doing it because it’s part of our culture as an organisation. But, it shows you that engagement at that level can in fact have other offshoots,” said Gorman.

c009fd9d08a0cc3cda89e451fce92684

Corban McGregor and Ruan Sims are two Jillaroos squad members in the Sharks 28-player roster. Picture: Gregg Porteous
“[Rugby league] is something that has probably had a skew towards male and a certain demographic, from an off-the-field perspective.

“These girls are showcasing that this is a sport for all, regardless of gender or any other diversity areas.

“What we want is our venue embraced by young boys and girls, mums and dads. By doing this we show that there’s a real pathway.”

Cronulla have six exhibition games at NRL home matches this season and are scheduled to play the Dragons at 5.15pm tonight, weather permitting.

Other games are against the Knights (Rd 5), Titans (Rd 8), Cowboys (Rd 11), Storm (Rd 14) and Sea Eagles (Rd 16).

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...t/news-story/2e15c2b67839e24b4e49038b55ec1c69

A LINE you’ll often hear during this women’s sport Zeitgeist is that having female professional leagues and teams right now is about developing pathways, and commercial benefits aren’t of immediate concern.

Ruan Sims shows off the women’s jersey with the new sponsorship. Picture: Gregg Porteous
But the Cronulla Sharks have learnt that financial windfalls can also be achieved.

In what was almost an ‘if you build it they will come’ approach, the Sharks have picked up front and back of jersey sponsors for their women’s nines team this season — a team that has no official competition to play in.

The Sharks contracted 28 female players — including Jillaroos Ruan Sims, Maddie Studdon, Corban McGregor and Allana Ferguson — to the club for 2017 with the purpose of having them training regularly and playing exhibition games to be match-ready for rep selection.

But they have picked up two sponsors who have no previous association with the club or the men’s team.

Australian Solar Designs will be on the front of the women’s jersey this season and owner-director Scott Mason said he considered partnering with the men’s team, but knew his investment would have greater appreciation and value with the female side.

The Sharks added to women’s team to the club to help grow the female game in the Shire and because of the importance of diversity at the club. Picture: Gregg Porteous
“I’d rather help someone out who needs it rather than doesn’t need it so much and that’s how I looked at the whole business strategy around it,” Mason said.

“Even if I didn’t get any jobs out of that money or whatever it was, I’d rather give it to the women than the guys because they need it more and would be more appreciative for it.”

The Sharks hadn’t been actively in the market for sponsors, instead spreading the word of why they started a women’s team.

Cronulla CEO Lyall Gorman said they want girls and women to see rugby league as a game everyone can play and the commercial upside of partnerships with Australian Solar Designs and Airboard Co will allow them to continue to grow the footprint.

“We’re not doing this because of commercial, we’re doing it because it’s part of our culture as an organisation. But, it shows you that engagement at that level can in fact have other offshoots,” said Gorman.

Corban McGregor and Ruan Sims are two Jillaroos squad members in the Sharks 28-player roster. Picture: Gregg Porteous
“[Rugby league] is something that has probably had a skew towards male and a certain demographic, from an off-the-field perspective.

“These girls are showcasing that this is a sport for all, regardless of gender or any other diversity areas.

“What we want is our venue embraced by young boys and girls, mums and dads. By doing this we show that there’s a real pathway.”

Cronulla have six exhibition games at NRL home matches this season and are scheduled to play the Dragons at 5.15pm tonight, weather permitting.

Other games are against the Knights (Rd 5), Titans (Rd 8), Cowboys (Rd 11), Storm (Rd 14) and Sea Eagles (Rd 16).

Yeah but what's the cost difference between sponsoring an NRL side vs the womans side? I'd say that it'd be a fair bit... But good on 'em for getting sponsors on board.

PaulyTom

Juniors
I can't wait until the NRL have a women's comp. I've watched the Nz vs Australia games before and the 9s and find it as entertaining as the men's .

Saint Doc

Coach
Off topic I know, but it's not AFL so I hope no one minds too much. But given this thread is full of jersey and logo nerds, thought you all might appreciate this rebrand of the Adelaide 36ers NBL. From Royal to navy blue. Sweet logo too, symmetry is nice.

From this:
798B18C9-212E-415C-AC01-C3B1D47EE45F.png

To this:
EE0FB8FE-74ED-47E7-B223-38115312EA31.jpeg

Klim

Juniors
Off topic I know, but it's not AFL so I hope no one minds too much. But given this thread is full of jersey and logo nerds, thought you all might appreciate this rebrand of the Adelaide 36ers NBL. From Royal to navy blue. Sweet logo too, symmetry is nice.

From this:
798B18C9-212E-415C-AC01-C3B1D47EE45F.png

To this:
EE0FB8FE-74ED-47E7-B223-38115312EA31.jpeg
Very NO Pelicanesque.

Status
Not open for further replies.