What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 V Storm

roofromoz

First Grade
Indeed we were.

From memory, the Storm were the only team we played during the regular season of 2003 that we didn't register a win against.

Snapped our club record 8 match winning streak too, the bastards. Mind you, the 8th win the week before was a golden point win over the Cowboys in Townsville, so maybe it took the juice out of the boys a little bit.

Fangs

Coach
I'm excited!

Manly did their part last night against the Roosters. Now there is only one team left that is undefeated...Melbourne are due.

Fangs

Coach
Rooney was probably ruled out for that game as a result of catching a cold playing alongside Paul Franze.............

Haha oh the fonz.

I remember a game at Penrith stadium in 2005. Rooney threw his arms up in disgust and screamed at Franze after he threw his 5th dummy on his way to the try line. And as the script normally went, Franze came up short of the line.

Fangs

Coach
Roons and Franz sharing a rare moment of joy together. No surprises who has the ball in his hands!

paul-franze-of-the-panthers-dives-over-for-a-try-despite-the-defence-picture-id52455537

Hats off to the club's development... Full Time in the Holden Cup and Penrith have knocked off the undefeated Storm 36-20 and shoot up to top spot. Hopefully a sign of things to come later tonight.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Never, ever, ever confident against the Storm - for obvious reasons. I have a feeling they will take care of us pretty comfortably.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
I want to know what Griffin is bringing to the team. We have the raw talent, but when you see a game plan in which the fifth tackle play is either (a) midfield bomb if we are over halfway or (b) run it and hope the opposition knocks it down if we are inside the 20, then you have to wonder.

We need someone who can take this talent and make it smart and consistent. At the moment all I see is a team with no real direction - the lack of structure can help to blow away shitty teams, but as soon as we turn up against a smart, well-drilled team, we flounder.

I don't think this is our year anyway, never was. But we HAVE to have a coach that is molding the team to consistently improve in terms of work ethic and in-game tactics so that we can challenge from next season on. Anyone seeing this yet?

Peach isn't a centre and Blake isn't a winger......I wonder what changes could sort this. Simple f**king stuff