What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good one Fatty... Hopefully finally means RIP footy show

Barkley

Bench
images

doesnt really matter tho does it- if it was a black american and he asked if he was going to spend it on chicken would it be ok...?
hes trying to get a laugh out of an untrue stereotype that has no place in todays/anydays society.
atleast the crowd was spot on, not one laugh.

funny or not, its not helping to close the gap

If he says it to people both white & indigenous how exactly is this racist?

And furthermore how is it Paul Vautin's responsibility to "close the gap"?

Life's Good

Coach
It's ok. Trump is heading for another 'grab em by the p*ssy' moment and the outrage can move on to that.

myrrh ken

First Grade
He's dressed up as one of the farging three amigos replete with dirty moustache and you're offended he's asking a black fella if he's going to shout his relos a drink with his winnings?

I'm sure he would have asked anybody that. Maybe if he thought it through he might not have asked but it's pretty innocuous

T-Boon

Coach
everyone drinks beer, everyone eats chicken.
But there is some things you don't say to certain people live on TV...

The context Fatty was talking in was it is time to celebrate. Everyone who ever lived celebrates by drinking. If he deliberately picked out some thing particularly associated with Aboriginals (like chicken and southern americans) then yeah trouble. But this is too big a stretch.

Blues Riff

Bench
We get this crap show late down here. I happened to catch this segment in the early hours. I took it as a comment to a young bloke who'd just won 6 grand. Apparently today's youth like to party.
Absolute beat-up by Williams and OP.

POPEYE

Coach
We get this crap show late down here. I happened to catch this segment in the early hours. I took it as a comment to a young bloke who'd just won 6 grand. Apparently today's youth like to party.
Absolute beat-up by Williams and OP.
Thing that f**ked it for Fatty ol'mate was when he raised an eyebrow after no response from the audience, if he'd kept a straight face he would have survived his stupidity . . . if the bloke could hop he'd be road kill

Blues Riff

Bench
I must admit I wasn't paying much attention. Seems insignificant compared to some of Beau Ryans stuff. Does he still mock the mentally ill and do Lebbo impersonations?

legs 11

Juniors
Since it began I've liked making fun of people who watch the footy show so I'm in no position to criticise Fatty . . . an average footballer with a low IQ becoming a 'disciple for the faithful' deserves a little leeway
c'mon moron...average footballers dont play for their country....what standard did u play at to be able to quote that? and as far as iq.....there's not many doctors amoungst foot players......or forum trolls

POPEYE

Coach
c'mon moron...average footballers dont play for their country....what standard did u play at to be able to quote that? and as far as iq.....there's not many doctors amoungst foot players......or forum trolls
Too easy, nothing better than a nibble to keep the line out.

I liked the bit about average NRL players not being allowed to play for their country . . . where are you Albert, deserves a thread

Pedge1971

First Grade
He's dressed up as one of the farging three amigos replete with dirty moustache and you're offended he's asking a black fella if he's going to shout his relos a drink with his winnings?

I'm sure he would have asked anybody that. Maybe if he thought it through he might not have asked but it's pretty innocuous

Totally this. Surely his stupid Mexican outfit is a bigger racial stereotype but no one mentions that. Anyway, if any of this bollocks is a catalyst for killing a show that is way past its use by date then fine by me.