What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good one Fatty... Hopefully finally means RIP footy show

ed-grimley

Bench
Fatty's facial expression when they came back to the panel after the game Wednesday was priceless.
Can't comment on his remark but I guess it reflected the normal lack of class and taste of this outdated show.

Bazal

Post Whore
Firstly, The Footy Show is awful. Well, I assume it still is, I haven't watched it in about 5 years....

But FFS. People are offended by his small talk but give the fact that he's basically dressed in the Mexican equivalent of blackface a complete pass? Talk about getting selectively offended....and that's nothing against Joe Williams who is a fantastic human being, by the way.

You could equally say that if the recipient had been a white male in the usual NRL watching demographic the comment was offensive because he was implying all housoes are drunks. And that would be an equally long bow....nothing comment, nothing issue.

beave

Coach
Imagine if Fatty said the complete opposite

'Soooo maaaate, congrats!! What are you going to do with the money, throw it in the bank account for a rainy day?'

Nekminnit

Joe Williams twitter -'Vautin implying that we don't have money in the bank, racist!!'

Vautin is that stupid, he probably wouldn't have realised the guy was indigenious and meant nothing by it.

Let the shit show finally die it's death.

Cogburn

Juniors
And of course I know that he didn't mean anything by it, it's not the point either- people still do black face without the intention of being racist, but don't no how wrong it is or why...
What a load of rubbish. Vautin meant nothing by it, move on.

myrrh ken

First Grade
That's.what.i.said..

My point was, intentions aside, a group of people were offended, means that it is offensive
There has to some reasonableness to it though. Its a long way away from comparing goodes to king kong.

Eg some people might find erin not covering up offensive. Actually.... probably a lot

wibble

Bench
Ahh the regressive left

'Let's bring equality by treating everyone differently'

Ummm...OK. Mixing up equality and equal treatment. Classic Hanson-esque right wing idiocy.

Given that everyone has such different circumstances, how could treating everyone equally even remotely result in equality?

Ask your left handed grand parents if having everyone write right handed (equal treatment) was at all equitable.

macca_saint

Juniors
White people- telling black people what to be offended by ...
It's a waste of newspaper space in comparison to the real problems the indigenous community face.
Complaining about a stupid innocuous comment by a daft merkin like fatty just serves to trivialise the indigenous people's cause.

JamesRustle

First Grade
And of course I know that he didn't mean anything by it, it's not the point either- people still do black face without the intention of being racist, but don't no how wrong it is or why...
What's the history behind black face that has Australia's indigenous being offended by it?

Latest posts