What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Gareth67

First Grade
Not sure about whether there is any truth in this rumour however he has in the past given me early info that has been true
Regarding a prop -
"Dragons are looking at the UK if they cant sign Matthew Lodge"

This is one player that that reeks of trouble, big trouble . The Dragons must steer well clear of this bloke .

They are far better off looking in the 'ole dart for a replacement for big Russ , preferably someone that has a footy brain and is able to impart a few words of wisdom to the younger forwards .

TomRedVRiver

Bench
I am starting to get the impression this place is a rehab centre and not a football club. You fu$&@d up, sign here

Some might call me a hypocrite because we signed Packer and look what he did.

But Lodge is a f**king thug. A proper piece of shit. If he can rehabilitate himself then good for him, but honestly.. He doesn't have the ability that Packer had so it's not even worth it in the first place.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Lodge definitely a big NO.
So who in the ESL?
English player or ex-Aus and a prop? That narrows the field somewhat

TomRedVRiver

Bench
I'm currently doing some research on props in the ESL. I'm not seeing anyone standing out right now.
Alex Walmsley is a decent player, but is under contract for 2018. We're probably going to have to look seriously at Paasi.

GC Dragon

Juniors
Some might call me a hypocrite because we signed Packer and look what he did.

But Lodge is a f**king thug. A proper piece of shit. If he can rehabilitate himself then good for him, but honestly.. He doesn't have the ability that Packer had so it's not even worth it in the first place.
Watched him play last weekend and he was very very good . A class above Q cup level much like Packer was with the Cutters . Is he signed with the Bronco's for next year ? . But agree with what has been said he is a absolute dog of a human .

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I'm currently doing some research on props in the ESL. I'm not seeing anyone standing out right now.
Alex Walmsley is a decent player, but is under contract for 2018. We're probably going to have to look seriously at Paasi.

Unless Millward is trying to lower back Wakeman or the other prop that used to play for us Ikahihifo but i doubt they'd be interested seeing they were burnt badly before. Moa goes ok but a little on the small side for todays props

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Watched him play last weekend and he was very very good . A class above Q cup level much like Packer was with the Cutters . Is he signed with the Bronco's for next year ? . But agree with what has been said he is a absolute dog of a human .

Yeahh I was under the impression that Bennett was looking at bringing him in. There was an article posted a couple of months ago stating that he was given permission to train with the Broncos -
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...s/news-story/8a301941407f14047d158dbe9ee7fa71

Did he really look that good though? Always thought that he was an ordinary sort of player. He is young though.

GC Dragon

Juniors
Yeahh I was under the impression that Bennett was looking at bringing him in. There was an article posted a couple of months ago stating that he was given permission to train with the Broncos -
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...s/news-story/8a301941407f14047d158dbe9ee7fa71

Did he really look that good though? Always thought that he was an ordinary sort of player. He is young though.
Yeah he was that good . I didn't know who he was but after 20mins I had to ask who the number 10 was . I was told "That is Mathew Lodge and he plays like that every week " . I have no doubt Bennett wants him next year . But I still couldn't wear him playing for us .

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Yeah he was that good . I didn't know who he was but after 20mins I had to ask who the number 10 was . I was told "That is Mathew Lodge and he plays like that every week " . I have no doubt Bennett wants him next year . But I still couldn't wear him playing for us .

If Johnathan Thurston in his prime committed the same crimes Lodge did, I wouldn't have him at the club either. It's just too much, it was too f**ked up.

He should be rotting behind bars.

Its not Wakeman he isn't a fan of Mary and even less of a fan of Millward.

Ikahihifo also got f**ked around so forget him to.

willzy91

Juniors
NRL Lurker on Twitter stating St George are considering a late move for Sam Kasiano. Obviously his manager using the media to push the deal through to the Storm, but if it was earlier on in the negotiations the dragons would be a real contender for his signature. Not having to move his family interstate and the prospect of playing for a team in the top 4 could have swayed him, but oh well......next.

ALSGI

Bench
NRL Lurker on Twitter stating St George are considering a late move for Sam Kasiano. Obviously his manager using the media to push the deal through to the Storm, but if it was earlier on in the negotiations the dragons would be a real contender for his signature. Not having to move his family interstate and the prospect of playing for a team in the top 4 could have swayed him, but oh well......next.
I sincerely hope the Storm get him. I'd hate to see him in the RedV. Wants big $ for small minutes imo.