What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Jerseys, Logos, Sponsor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockWheel

Bench
Someone on reddit posted an 'all jerseys worn' table up to round 13.

Brisbane - 6
Canberra - 6
Canterbury - 6
Cronulla - 4
Gold Coast - 4
Manly - 4
Melbourne - 4
Newcastle - 4
North Queensland - 5
Parramatta - 4
Penrith - 3
South Sydney - 5
St George Illawarra - 5
Sydney - 4 (5 if you count the small poppy emblem on their main jersey for ANZAC Day as a different design)
Warriors - 3
Wests - 4

So that's 71 up to round 13.

OldPanther

Coach
Gus said really early in the year that our Jerseys will be more consistent from now on apparently. No more changing dramatically each year.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Gus said really early in the year that our Jerseys will be more consistent from now on apparently. No more changing dramatically each year.

Until Gus leaves and a marketing guru comes in and refreshes the brand, again.

(Real talk though if they're still with that jersey they need to recolour the current logo with green/red/yellow instead of teal)

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Until Gus leaves and a marketing guru comes in and refreshes the brand, again.

(Real talk though if they're still with that jersey they need to recolour the current logo with green/red/yellow instead of teal)

I think the logo with red/yellow/green replacing the teal would look terrible...

The teal is subtle enough that it could easily stay (if not, just change the Panther into a neutral black/white/grey).

If you want to incorporate the red/yellow/green, bring back the old circle badge around the leaping panther:

Penrith_Panthers_Logo_1991.jpg

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I think the logo with red/yellow/green replacing the teal would look terrible...

The teal is subtle enough that it could easily stay (if not, just change the Panther into a neutral black/white/grey).

If you want to incorporate the red/yellow/green, bring back the old circle badge around the leaping panther:

My 2 minute paint attempt...

19260262_1353804074673396_1601927261275648814_n.jpg

I absolutely hate the new Penrith badge because it's missing the word Penrith. Just having Panthers is meaningless I reckon.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I absolutely hate the new Penrith badge because it's missing the word Penrith. Just having Panthers is meaningless I reckon.
Interestingly the Bulldogs went back to including Canterbury-Bankstown in the club name in 2010, but the new logo introduced same season didn't include the words.

GAZF

First Grade
Interestingly the Bulldogs went back to including Canterbury-Bankstown in the club name in 2010, but the new logo introduced same season didn't include the words.
Canterbury-Bankstown is a long placeholder name. The current logo wouldn't have accommodated it without removing something else.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

The CB at the bottom is a nice reference without ruining a great logo with redundant writing...

If a fan needs the club name plastered across the badge to recognise the team, the marketing team has failed.

Many NFL logos don't have any words on them and are some of the most recognisable logos in world sport.

Yeh, writing the club name across the logo is just f*cking lazy and it ruins the image. To me, it is the marketing team giving up before they have even started...

GAZF

First Grade
The CB at the bottom is a nice reference without ruining a great logo with redundant writing...

If a fan needs the club name plastered across the badge to recognise the team, the marketing team has failed.

Yeh, writing the club name across the logo is just f*cking lazy and it ruins the image. To me, it is the marketing team giving up before they have even started...
There's no hard and fast rules imo. Not every team can be so iconic to pull off having a logo with no wordmark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts