What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

24 Hour NRL channel

Generalzod

Immortal
Did they offer you loads of things to try and keep you?
Perth they offered me nothing, to be fair I was getting my Foxtel via my OPTUS cable, so eventually due to the NBN OPTUS would have disconnected the service anyway....I will find another way to watch the football, wether via NRL pass or just go to the PUB.

Life's Good

Coach
Now playing from 1992 Dragons vs. Broncos from Adelaide oval. A game best remembered for the introduction of torpedo shorts.

Rocket's tache

Juniors
This week seems a bit better. They are showing games from the 90's.

I'm loving the retro' games from the 90s and, while I'm aware they're picking the best of the best from each year, it makes for some wonderful viewing.

Much more variation than these days and I think the players were better - Meninga, Daley, Clyde, Stuart, Mullins, Langer, Lewis, Miles, ET, Alexander, Fittler, Florimo, Iro, Lyons, Menzies, O'Connor, Toovey, Hasler etc etc and great imports such as Martin Offiah and Jonathan Davies.

Couldn't tear myself away on Sat watching the best of 1991 and really enjoyed Graeme Hughes' commentaries.

Can't say the same for 'junior' Pearce (forever giggling when not mis-pronouncing his words) or the condescending, ever-smug Bill Anderson (sure can tell he was a school teacher). How did he ever get a commentary gig ?

Stallion

First Grade
I'm loving the retro' games from the 90s and, while I'm aware they're picking the best of the best from each year, it makes for some wonderful viewing.

Much more variation than these days and I think the players were better - Meninga, Daley, Clyde, Stuart, Mullins, Langer, Lewis, Miles, ET, Alexander, Fittler, Florimo, Iro, Lyons, Menzies, O'Connor, Toovey, Hasler etc etc and great imports such as Martin Offiah and Jonathan Davies.

Couldn't tear myself away on Sat watching the best of 1991 and really enjoyed Graeme Hughes' commentaries.

Can't say the same for 'junior' Pearce (forever giggling when not mis-pronouncing his words) or the condescending, ever-smug Bill Anderson (sure can tell he was a school teacher). How did he ever get a commentary gig ?
R
Think you will find the footy is becoming more expansive lately. It's been entertaining this season. Its just the scheduling that has let the game down. Not enough weekend footy! Thursday games should not happen unless its a Friday holiday.

Last edited:

Life's Good

Coach

The commentary back then focussed on the game. No meaningless dribble about golf games with mates, seafood buffets or how good ‘X’ television series is.

nrlnrl

First Grade

Yep, working through the 90's all week!

Bill Anderson was brilliant that's why he got the gig. Super commentator. Better than almost any of the current analysts.

Iafeta

Referee
Before the Warriors came in I went for Manly. I knew no better. I was young, and lived on a farm in gods country Aoteroa. Watched Manly v Canberra from 91 finals I believe. Reminded me of why Cliff Lyons was my favourite player. My god his playmaking was from the theatre of the lords above. Imagine Cliffy playing touch footy. The tries he would create. His passing game was like watching a top point guard ankle breaking or a footballer nutmegging. It was so hard to read and near impossible to stop.

All hail King Cliffy.

Latest posts