What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Im supporting Steve Smith

blaza88z

Coach
Warner landing around 1030pm decided to send a twitter comment and say he will talk in a few days time

like a lot of the media have said probably best gets it out the way tonight, the media will just hound him to get him to talk now

Hope the plane ends up in a river

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
This interview is hard viewing.

f**k the media.

Look what they've done to a good young man who's inspired and brought joy to so many Australians.

ONE MISTAKE and you put him through this?

f**king disgraceful.

Any merkin that has lapped it up and bought into the mob lynching needs to take a deep breath.

And James Sutherland can go f**k himself for failing to protect Smith.
You are the one lapping it up, what the hell do you people watch?

I was the checking the score on cricinfo, they had a video of a press conference where the Australian captain admitted cheating.

Then I saw a headline 3 players got bans.

I will next check the cricket score tomorrow.

In between the media has sucked in you Tommy.

I have already moved on.

They cheated, got caught, got punished, now for the next game.

Keep lapping the rest up Tommy people like you watching whatever it you are give it legs.

It appears that they will have to do the time.
Doesn't mean they need to be hounded to the edge while they are doing it.
Yes 100%. Smith is the best bat in the world and in the top few ever. I hope he comes back from this even better but he has to take it now

TheParraboy

Staff member
Yes 100%. Smith is the best bat in the world and in the top few ever. I hope he comes back from this even better but he has to take it now

true

and yup he is coping it left right and centre

gets to a point where (for a lot of us anyway) we don't want the guy to have a mental breakdown or retire
its gone well over than what it should have IMO

Eelectrica

Referee
Smith deserves support. I feel for the bloke. He's wishing he stepped in as Captain and shut the plan down. He's been let down by people who should have known better as much as anything.

No way he leaves the game like this. Hope he at least gets a county gig. Like Bancroft he needs to get back into a regular routine ASAP.

T-Boon

Coach
Warner landing around 1030pm decided to send a twitter comment and say he will talk in a few days time

like a lot of the media have said probably best gets it out the way tonight, the media will just hound him to get him to talk now

The media have arranged for SBW to pick him up from the airport.

T-Boon

Coach
Not at all... why should everyone who plays the game in the right spirit be tarred with the same brush...

To use tythe excuse that it’s part of cricket’s culture is an insult to everyone who plays the game in the way it was supposed to be played...

Seriously, go play croquet.
Cricket has always been competitive as hell. People throw rocks at peoples heads to scare them so they can get them out.

shiznit

Coach
Seriously, go play croquet.
Cricket has always been competitive as hell. People throw rocks at peoples heads to scare them so they can get them out.
There’s a difference between being competitive and being a dickhead...

It is possible to be competitive without being an arsehole...

stryker

First Grade
I was the only one on here commenting on this live as it happened I f**king love/loved Smith. Nothing is out of order so far for his punishment
Really?
Nothing out of order?
The bloke F'd up bad. He deserved punishment.
However, this has cost him millions and millions of dollars in contracts and continued sponsorships. He is blacklisted for the next year and possibly may never recover form and rejoin the team. It has cost him his most prized and tresured possession, captaincy of his country. His reputation is in tatters and so is his legacy. The public hate him.

Enough is enough for christ sakes. He cheated at sport not got busted running a paedophile ring or smuggling drugs.

Life's Good

Coach
The Bancroft interview was genuinely painful. The Smith one was just tragic.
I’m like many in that they did the wrong thing & deserve punishment but, FMD, it’s a game of cricket & they’ve done no worse than plenty of others. And the Commonwealth Bank pulling their sponsorship off Smith makes me cringe. They’ve done far worse as an organisation & impacted more people yet now suddenly ‘find Jesus’. F*ck off, along with the ambulance chasers.

Last edited:

Bazal

Post Whore
The thing that really stinks about this is the fact that the ban is the same as Warne got for being a drug cheat. That's enough to tell me it's patently over the top.

Let them play FC cricket FFS. Even that knob end Warner. Hell you might even get more than sixteen people and a stray dog out to the state games for a while....