What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 Saturday 21st April v Raiders @ Central coast stadium

southsport

First Grade
I think you need to watch the tackle again.
Sam did not collect Sezer around the ears.
The point of contact was his chest and below. - The only part of Burgess' body which is anywhere near Sezers head is the very upper part of his arm near the shoulder where the swinging motion makes absolutely no difference.

In my opinion there was nothing wrong with the tackle and Sam Burgess has once again been penalised for playing the game too hard.

If you have an opportunity watch the tackle in freeze frame and I think you will change your opinion.
cfeba89b1392d329ea458a02e1a9b5ab.jpg

callmack1

Staff member
Scotty Mc?
Haha, yea I was pretty stoked with that! A fantastic weekend for him and he now leads the championship. But no, that's not what I was talking about.

I met a fellow Souths member today who lives in my town. Now many of you may say that's not really that special but for a smallish town of New Plymouth in New Zealand, that's really quite rare and really quite special! He was so passionate like me too and we had a really good chat!

There's quite a few Souths supporters around here but he's the only member I know of that lives around here which is so awesome!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Haha, yea I was pretty stoked with that! A fantastic weekend for him and he now leads the championship. But no, that's not what I was talking about.

I met a fellow Souths member today who lives in my town. Now many of you may say that's not really that special but for a smallish town of New Plymouth in New Zealand, that's really quite rare and really quite special! He was so passionate like me too and we had a really good chat!

There's quite a few Souths supporters around here but he's the only member I know of that lives around here which is so awesome!
Wow bro that's just great!

Stoked for ya!!

I hope we get more of a following over there!

No you're not over reacting cause it's a big deal:D

doyen

Bench
I'm actually really relieved with the outcome of these charges as it could've been much worse.

While this is true, I think that's just a sign of the aggression that Sam plays with, and this aggression is great if you ask me. Yes, there were some offences which were bad but most are just down to his aggression and passion.

It's this aggression that the rest of the pack feeds off and it fires the other boys up. It's kind of a baptisim of fire for Sam and he's bound to get it wrong sometimes, I can handle that because we need that aggression and that's just the type of champion player Sam is. Through this, he brings so, so much to the side.

It is vitally important that Sam continues in his enforcer's role.He is the leader of the pack;setting the example--he just needs to be a bit more clever & sensible about his role!!

southsport

First Grade

Just wear your Souths cap, you'll meet every supporter!

ThingFish

Juniors
I noticed that while all the other players were pushing & shoving AR was aside checking on Sezer's condition-------full marks for his attitude!!
Top marks for AR. On the coverage I thought I heard the on field ref say to the captains “and they’ll be looking at the video for punches”. Obviously nothing came of it, but it did look like a couple of sneaky ones got thrown.

doyen

Bench
Top marks for AR. On the coverage I thought I heard the on field ref say to the captains “and they’ll be looking at the video for punches”. Obviously nothing came of it, but it did look like a couple of sneaky ones got thrown.

AR would be well aware of the crap thrown at little halves by huge forwards----good to see AR showing his concern!!
Definitely a few sneaky hits,I reckon!

callmack1

Staff member
Watched the replay today and noticed a few things:

Our forwards have all added a new element to their game - ball playing. While it was there last year, it was nowhere near as good and there wasn't much of it from forwards. This year, and it was really highlighted in Saturday's game, there is a lot of it from the forwards. Sam was so good in this regard if you watch the replay and he actually made some beautiful plays with his passing game. However, guys like Clark, Nicholls, Tatola, Chrichton and Sutto are doing it very well too. I think it's great as it adds a new element to our attack and it adds a bit of variety.

We need someone fast pushing up on every run made by a Burgess boy. So many times that game, almost every run each had, they'd get their arms free but there'd be no one there. If someone could push up with them it'd create so much.

Our right side isn't sliding in defence. Even when out numbered, they seem to just hold since the inside guys like Crichton and Reynold aren't pushing across to combat this. It's a big issue that needs to be fixed or it'll cost us.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Our forwards have all added a new element to their game - ball playing. While it was there last year, it was nowhere near as good and there wasn't much of it from forwards. This year, and it was really highlighted in Saturday's game, there is a lot of it from the forwards. Sam was so good in this regard if you watch the replay and he actually made some beautiful plays with his passing game. However, guys like Clark, Nicholls, Tatola, Chrichton and Sutto are doing it very well too. I think it's great as it adds a new element to our attack and it adds a bit of variety.

We need someone fast pushing up on every run made by a Burgess boy. So many times that game, almost every run each had, they'd get their arms free but there'd be no one there. If someone could push up with them it'd create so much.

Our right side isn't sliding in defence. Even when out numbered, they seem to just hold since the inside guys like Crichton and Reynold aren't pushing across to combat this. It's a big issue that needs to be fixed or it'll cost us.
Seibs wasn't happy with the defence so you'd reckon he'd have a look at that!

Travitoh

First Grade

I've spotted this a few times this season where Crichton sometimes to give up on defending once the ball is outside of him.
There was one case in the Canterbury game where they scored through the gap left by Crichton not getting across. If he slides, they don't score

doyen

Bench

Sths are playing a very good brand of watchable RL now & I reckon it will take them a long way this season if they remain adventurous!! If they continue to play in this vein ,& lose,I couldn't give a faeces!!! It's v/good to watch!!
In the previous 2 yrs it was ghastly & basically a chore to suffer--I only watched the MADGIC style,as you know,out of loyalty. Turfing Madge was the best decision Sths have made in a long time.

Last edited:

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Sths are playing a very good brand of watchable RL now & I reckon it will take them a long way this season if they remain adventurous!! If they continue to play in this vein & lose,I couldn't give a faeces!!! It's v/good to watch!!
In the previous 2 yrs it was ghastly & basically a chore to suffer--I only watched the MADGIC style,as you know,out of loyalty. Turfing Madge was the best decision Sths have made in a long time.

Isn’t Cody Walker playing some great footy too? Some great ball playing from him this year. Opposition teams would be fretting every time he touches the ball.

Latest posts