What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 Saturday 21st April v Raiders @ Central coast stadium

southsport

First Grade
When you get tired you get lazy and these things happen in defence. Both the twins laid the platform yesterday. We scored off the back of their hard work.
I didn't mean that instance, i meant the time Paulo made a break and George just managed to get him by the collar and reef him back off his feet.

Travitoh

First Grade
It was pretty funny when Paulo put Cook on his arse. Poor little guy didn't have a chance lol

Travitoh

First Grade
Sam should take the 2 weeks. We’ve already seen what happens when we appeal. Absolute inconsistency from the NRL by not charging Whitehead with more though. Real shame.

I may have missed finer details watching on my phone but on first watch, i don't believe Sam and Whitehead can be compared.

Sam went in with intent to hurt the halfback and made contact with the head. Two weeks is a very fortunate result as it could've been more, especially if he had to be taken from the field.

Whitehead, while cheap, was correctly penalised twice but never touched a head from what i saw.

You simply can't make contact with an opponents head in sport and if you go in with the intent to hit and make clean contact then it needs to be treated as intentional, regardless of whether it was or not.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I may have missed finer details watching on my phone but on first watch, i don't believe Sam and Whitehead can be compared.

Sam went in with intent to hurt the halfback and made contact with the head. Two weeks is a very fortunate result as it could've been more, especially if he had to be taken from the field.

Whitehead, while cheap, was correctly penalised twice but never touched a head from what i saw.

You simply can't make contact with an opponents head in sport and if you go in with the intent to hit and make clean contact then it needs to be treated as intentional, regardless of whether it was or not.

A few things here. Whitehead shoulder charged AJ in the air. If that’s not malicious intent then I don’t know what is. But if we’re talking about his blindside on Tom then that was also with the intent to hurt? He literally went in while Tom stopped dead in his tracks completely unprepared. That’s a disgusting move.

The amount of injuries that can be caused by a player getting tackled in the air would definitely be on level with the amount of injuries a player could suffer from a headknock.

Sam didn’t go in with the intent to hit Sezer on the head. If you watch the replay Sezer bends his knees as his looking to pass and in the motion of ducking down makes contact with Sam’s arm. Sam didn’t raise his arm with the intent to clothesline him.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Sam will probably get sidelined but 5 weeks would be unbelievable. Tackles like that happen all the time in rugby league. I’d expect 2 weeks. Wade Graham nearly took JT’s head off last year and only got 2 if I remember correctly.

The biggest problem with all of this is that Sezer is obviously looking for a pass and braces himself by bending his knees.

Watching the replays I have no idea how Whitehead wasn’t charged once. Watching him hit Tom from behind was pretty gross. Same as him shoulder charging AJ in the air. If the MRC is fair dinkum about charging the burgess’ then he should definitely be getting charged as well.
Don't think Whitehead has been charged!

Rabbits20

Immortal
It’s a great result, given what could have been. Boys just need to dig deep again. Two more weeks for Clarkie to state his case for a contract.

Any news on George?
Yeah mate just gets fined $1550 with an early plea.

So he's free to play which is great!

Murray will slot in for Sam.