What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenBV4

Bench
I’d say jerseys are designed and approved well in advance of the draw being released. Would be hard to avoid clashes when you dont know who you are playing for the next season.
the only dedicated rounds ANZAC and WIL aren't they?

Only Storm, Warriors, Roosters and Dragons should have ANZAC jerseys as they play on ANZAC day

And clubs should be told they can't use predominantly pink in the WIL jerseys, they can get creative like the roosters and raiders or just have a simple pink strip/trim/collar/socks or something

The Great Dane

First Grade
I f*ckin hate that the only thing teams can come up with for the WIL round is "let's wear pink. bitches love pink".

It is lazy, insulting to the concept and they all clash because they are the same f*cking colour.

Thats not even mentioning that they become unrecognisable. Take the club logo off the Broncos jumper and no one in the world would know who they are...

The whole concept of the Women in League round is lazy and insulting, so why you'd think the execution of said round would be any different I don't know...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I’d say jerseys are designed and approved well in advance of the draw being released. Would be hard to avoid clashes when you dont know who you are playing for the next season.
Correct. Clubs would be finalising designs already while the draw wont be even at draft point til around the GF.

Timmah

Staff member
the only dedicated rounds ANZAC and WIL aren't they?

Only Storm, Warriors, Roosters and Dragons should have ANZAC jerseys as they play on ANZAC day

And clubs should be told they can't use predominantly pink in the WIL jerseys, they can get creative like the roosters and raiders or just have a simple pink strip/trim/collar/socks or something
I don't see why we need to dictate to teams what they can do for a jersey. If they can get early wind of who their opponent might be in a themed round etc then it could be handy but clubs should be free to put forward whichever jerseys they like as long as its not more than 4-5 a year and they commit to wearing their main kit more often than not.

beagle

Juniors
I think it’s safe to say that the heritage jersey is now Parras away jersey. They are wearing it again tonight v Storm.

big hit!

Bench
I think it’s safe to say that the heritage jersey is now Parras away jersey. They are wearing it again tonight v Storm.

You'd think their actual away gold jersey would be more appropriate tonight. A jersey with a significant amount of blue is wrong for this fixture.

big hit!

Bench
I don't see why we need to dictate to teams what they can do for a jersey. If they can get early wind of who their opponent might be in a themed round etc then it could be handy but clubs should be free to put forward whichever jerseys they like as long as its not more than 4-5 a year and they commit to wearing their main kit more often than not.

it's a dogs breakfast and with so many concept rounds now, to me their significance has been reduced.

and the thing is, clubs have all these jerseys and don't wear them against the appropriate teams. last night was an example where parra should've worn their gold jersey.

3 strips: a home, an alternate (which is sufficiently distinguished from the home) and a 3rd occasion strip.

it's got to be regulated properly by the NRL. home strips to be worn in every match unless the home strips of both match-day clubs are similar - then the away club must wear the away or 3rd strip.

toomuchsoup

Juniors
it's a dogs breakfast and with so many concept rounds now, to me their significance has been reduced.

and the thing is, clubs have all these jerseys and don't wear them against the appropriate teams. last night was an example where parra should've worn their gold jersey.

3 strips: a home, an alternate (which is sufficiently distinguished from the home) and a 3rd occasion strip.

it's got to be regulated properly by the NRL. home strips to be worn in every match unless the home strips of both match-day clubs are similar - then the away club must wear the away or 3rd strip.
Get outta here with that logic

beave

Coach
When I saw NQ were wearing the white strip, I was praying Cronulla would wear their regular home jersey.

The clash lol’s in here would have been worth it.

kdalymc

Bench
When I saw NQ were wearing the white strip, I was praying Cronulla would wear their regular home jersey.

The clash lol’s in here would have been worth it.
Oh the clash lols are the best. My suggestion was the best. Make every team black, and wear white away.

Timmah

Staff member
Without going back a few pages, what’s with the Sharks jersey tonight. Looks good
It's literally their away jersey. Presume the NRL didn't think Cronulla's home jersey provided enough contrast with either Cowboys kit

Saint Doc

Coach
It's literally their away jersey. Presume the NRL didn't think Cronulla's home jersey provided enough contrast with either Cowboys kit

Possibly.

But cronulla have also been known to wear their away jersey at home in the past, similar to dragons and Penrith (who did it this week)

Given the NRL’s lack of care factor on clashes before, I find it hard to believe that it was an NRL directive

Frailty

First Grade

The Sharks wore the home jersey against the Cowboys in Round 1. There is enough contrast between the Sharks home and the Cowboys home.

Sharks just have a tendency to wear the away jersey at home once or twice a season. I think for Cronulla it's more of an alternate rather than an away jersey.

insert.pause

First Grade
New All Stars logo

DlALnvjVsAAqw2p.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts