What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt has asked for a release

SHOULD BEN HUNT BE MOVED ON BEFORE THE 2024 SEASON?

• Yes

Votes: 20 95.2%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SEAT 1A

Bench

Doesn't say much, other than as you say a "Pls explain".

It's farce and in my eyes untenable now. Saints need to recoup whatever they can from this fiasco, and either stand him down, or let him go.

I don't want anyone, no matter how good they are, playing for us if they have gone to these extremes to leave. There can be no doubt now. He has played us big time.

We made Tallis stand down for a year.

Sick of the whole mess. I just hope that our new coach can come in and re-ignite the desire to play for this once great Club. Happy to cop a season or two of pain, in order to resurrect our Club to some semblance of identity.

PS. I will be watching SOO hoping he has a mare. Just f**k off.

Agree Tru.

I'm all for players doing their best for themselves however, don't want to see him anywhere near the place.

mattchuot

Juniors

Finally some media personalities speaking some sense and looking at it from the club’s perspective. Ironically, ex-Dragons in Graham and Woods taking the club’s side on things. Good on them. Chat on Hunt starts at roughly 3:50 for anyone interested.

Dragon David

First Grade
When it was muted that Hook only had a few weeks to convince the Board to keep him on otherwise Hook was a gonner, Hunt gave an interview basically giving his whole support for Hook to remain as the coach of the Dragons and saying that if he goes it would mean Hujnt starting all over again with a new coach and he was of the age that he didn't want to start again with another coach. What the bloody hell will he be doing when he ultimately leaves us? Is Hook going to be at the other club he is going to end up at? I don't think so Benny, you will have to start all over again - fitting in with the new players (who would know that you are a deadset traitor), learning the new systems, getting to know the new coach, getting to know the new management. Not wanting to start over again my big fat arse you lying creep.

Texmex

Juniors
When it was muted that Hook only had a few weeks to convince the Board to keep him on otherwise Hook was a gonner, Hunt gave an interview basically giving his whole support for Hook to remain as the coach of the Dragons and saying that if he goes it would mean Hujnt starting all over again with a new coach and he was of the age that he didn't want to start again with another coach. What the bloody hell will he be doing when he ultimately leaves us? Is Hook going to be at the other club he is going to end up at? I don't think so Benny, you will have to start all over again - fitting in with the new players (who would know that you are a deadset traitor), learning the new systems, getting to know the new coach, getting to know the new management. Not wanting to start over again my big fat arse you lying creep.
100% DD. contacts are worth nothing now! As said many times in these posts the club showed him loyalty in his first couple of years when he got paid a mint and played poorly and now he gives a very lame illogical reason for wanting to leave.
I love the red V - I wouldn’t let him wear it again.

citizen

Juniors
What happens if he does an ACL in origin? Does he retract his release then.
The fact he wants to pour in his own money tells me he must have a longer extension at his next club.
the situation is untenable and I can't see how they can fix It.

Texmex

Juniors
Let’s assume Hunts goes so where does that leave MBye? Give him two more years, start him in the halves with Sullivan, just throwing it out there as he doesn’t whinge and shows some leadership skills unlike Hunt.
Please not Mbye in the halves. Why not ask Woodsy to come back and team up with him??!!

RedVee_8

Juniors
There's no way Hunt backs up after Origin and plays on Friday.

He'll be "rested" and then we'll release him over the weekend and we'll end up with zero (or some fringe reserve grader swap that his new club will be happy to let go).
I’m hoping Flanno will encourage the CEO & Chair to grow a set (each) and only allow him to leave on our terms.

Agree he won’t play this Friday.

Victoire

Juniors
I recommend listening to the latest ep of the NRL Boom Rookies podcast, mainly towards the end when they talk about Hunt. Good to finally hear someone criticising Hunt and questioning his very questionable thought process. Nick Campton (ABC league reporter) and Matt Bungard nail it imo

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
I hope they stand him down for the rest of his contract. He shouldn't be allowed to go play for any other club in the NRL. That just gives an unfair advantage to another club. Not convinced by swaps either. You would just be swapping Ben Hunt for some other player who doesn't want to be at St George, and who will be shitty because he has to relocate his family at short notice. From what I've seen that never works out.

Ben Hunt has created this mess. He needs to live with the consequences, not gain some advantage out of it.

Dragon David

First Grade
Word on the street is that the roosters are behind the push for Hunt to get a release, they want him to replace Sam Walker.
Are the Roosters wanting to create this fiasco because we caused that with them when we were almost to sign Ryles and will they do the same to the Storm because they sneakily came in through the side door and got Ryles to join them?

56to66

Juniors
Whats repulsive as a Tax payer, we funded a brand new stadium at moore park for the Rorters, the previous Stadium had no problems, BTW the light rail system cost the tax payers billions of dollars, sent 1000 small businesses into bankruptcy and its f**king dinosaur already!
Mr Hunt sits there counting his pennies without no consciousness.

Last edited: