What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd23 2023: Non Parra games

hindy111

Post Whore
It's actually a good comparrison. Both sides lost their gun 2nd rower and hooker. Panthers also lost May for the year. And you'd have to say their no 9 and Kiks are better players then our 9 and Papa.
So why have we fell so far away from them?

I understand it's been a tough season drama wise for our club but I still think it's culture. Nearly all our stars milked us for every cent. Even RCG hit open market and we all thought he was off. Matterson put his pockets before club and took a suspension. Sivo took us to the cleaners.
So is it a culture thing ? I am starting to think it is.

King-Gutho94

Coach
It's actually a good comparrison. Both sides lost their gun 2nd rower and hooker. Panthers also lost May for the year. And you'd have to say their no 9 and Kiks are better players then our 9 and Papa.

I understand it's been a tough season drama wise for our club but I still think it's culture. Nearly all our stars milked us for every cent. Even RCG hit open market and we all thought he was off. Matterson put his pockets before club and took a suspension. Sivo took us to the cleaners.
When it comes to origin all the chocolate soldiers melt.

What is it they can't take it up to that standard.

Or are JFH and Leota the main cogs that don't get the proper recognition they deserve.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

It doesn't help that there is absolutely no accountability at the club whatsoever. From the coach who has been constantly extended to the playing group where no one seems to get dropped unless they are a young player or speak freely about the coaches son. But Penrith are just lucky while Parra just unlucky.

hindy111

Post Whore
When it comes to origin all the chocolate soldiers melt.

What is it they can't take it up to that standard.

Or are JFH and Leota the main cogs that don't get the proper recognition they deserve.

Do they but
What about others?
Teddy,Jnr,JAC,HAAS,PANGAI,COOK,Robso etc.

We've been thru this before.

Reality is qld have Munster,Dce,Ponga,Walsh,Grant,Hunt at their disposal.Ànď a superior pàcķ and backline.

If Latrell was fit and edwards plays over teddy we win game 1.

hindy111

Post Whore
It also couldn't be coaching because we've established Ivan's just average at best.
What could it be? His squad melts at Origin level. It must just all be luck. 4yrs of luck

Gazzamatta

Coach
Ivan lost both his assistants and his SOO 9 yet his side has hardly missed a beat. Last night was scarey how they toy'd with Melbourne. Coach of the year for mine even considering Websters and Walters efforts.

Ivan lost both his assistants and his SOO 9 yet his side has hardly missed a beat. Last night was scarey how they toy'd with Melbourne. Coach of the year for mine even considering Websters and Walters efforts.
ivan has just maintained what they did last year he'll probably get it but i think webster deserves it more

Avenger

Immortal
I still think that Cleary not being talked about as one of the elite coach’s is surprising. It always seems to start with Bellamy and Bennett. Even Robinson gets more media support than Cleary. Has he just been blessed with a fantastic squad like Robinson when he came to the Roosters and later had Cronk?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Cleary also got the Warriors to a GF, and we all know anyone who gets a team to a GF is a gun and should get extended for LYF!!!

The thing about Cleary all his sides are very good defensively even in 2019 when they missed the finals their defence was not their problem. Oh to have a coach who can instill steel and defensive qualities into a team.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I still think that Cleary not being talked about as one of the elite coach’s is surprising. It always seems to start with Bellamy and Bennett. Even Robinson gets more media support than Cleary. Has he just been blessed with a fantastic squad like Robinson when he came to the Roosters and later had Cronk?

I thought Cleary showed he was a good coach back when he was at the Warriors, personally.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Storm had 55%of ball in 2nd half. No points
They must've been fingered from only having 33% of the ball in the first half. Penrith finished with 56% possession over 80 minutes. Storm's problem is they were impatient, like most teams. When we beat Penrith this year we completed at 95%. It's one of the few things entirely in a team's control.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Very lucky. Nathan is just a bit better then Jeff Robson. Wouldn't even be Mitchel Pierces level would he?
Just in a good side.

How manyndid the Storm put on us? 46 is a must win? Fmd
At near full strength we beat Penrith and held Melbourne to a draw over 80 minutes. But we are missing Hodgson.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Their 2022 win rate dropped from 85% to 74% while ours has dropped from 64% to 50%, and we have had far more of our top 17 unavailable than them.
Penrith also lost players so they obviously weren't staying for unders. As for us the fact we lost players means we also aren't offering overs. The long negotiation means the player isn't getting what he wants. Remember how quickly Hayne used to re-sign? That's what it looks like when you're offering your own players overs. Papali'i and Mahoney both signed with shit clubs before the end of November. That's what overs looks like. Long, drawn out negotiations is what it looks like when neither side is desperate. Like Melbourne's negotiation with Munster.

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
They must've been fingered from only having 33% of the ball in the first half. Penrith finished with 56% possession over 80 minutes. Storm's problem is they were impatient, like most teams. When we beat Penrith this year we completed at 95%. It's one of the few things entirely in a team's control.

We best Penrith when they where playing garbage. Tigers also best them not long after. They'd randomly us in a game that matters to them like they did in the grand final. The scoreline didn't reflect the game. 40 - 0 was more appropriate. Over in 15.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Remember how quickly Hayne used to re-sign? That's what it looks like when you're offering your own players overs. Papali'i and Mahoney both signed with shit clubs before the end of November. That's what overs looks like. Long, drawn out negotiations is what it looks like when neither side is desperate. Like Melbourne's negotiation with Munster.

I reckon we had to do that to a few when no one was resigning back end of 2021

Could argue also are our halves worth what has been reported, or is it overs also to secure them?