What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Colk

First Grade
One of the reasons why Penrith is getting funding is because Bluebet is located in Western Parkland City, which is part of a strategy to divide Sydney into three cities. In the other two cities, at Central River City there's Commbank and Accor, while in Eastern Harbour City, there is Allianz.

Asking because I’m not aware but is Penrith going to house the majority of the population in Western Parkland City or is it going to be south of the airport?

If it is south of the airport wouldn’t that area need a stadium more than Penrith?

Iamback

Coach
Asking because I’m not aware but is Penrith going to house the majority of the population in Western Parkland City or is it going to be south of the airport?

If it is south of the airport wouldn’t that area need a stadium more than Penrith?

If you draw a line from Hawkesbury down to Campbelltown. Penrith is in the middle, They were looking for a 'primary tennant' the Panthers gave them that.

As I said before there are no other professional sport in that corridor.

Ideally WT would of gotten involved and they had it around the airport.

Once that wasn't possible then it had to go around the transport and yes Penrith is expected to double in population.

The whole area is getting 1m extra people, That is what the Stadium is for

Wb1234

Referee
If you draw a line from Hawkesbury down to Campbelltown. Penrith is in the middle, They were looking for a 'primary tennant' the Panthers gave them that.

As I said before there are no other professional sport in that corridor.

Ideally WT would of gotten involved and they had it around the airport.

Once that wasn't possible then it had to go around the transport and yes Penrith is expected to double in population.

The whole area is getting 1m extra people, That is what the Stadium is for
Its for one tenant

and if Penrith weren’t winning comps they would never be getting it

no other stadium upgrade in Sydney has been for one tenant

if it is went for the wanderers the eels wouldn’t have got commbank

that was why Gus wanted to buy the wanderers

Iamback

Coach
Its for one tenant

and if Penrith weren’t winning comps they would never be getting it

no other stadium upgrade in Sydney has been for one tenant

if it is went for the wanderers the eels wouldn’t have got commbank

that was why Gus wanted to buy the wanderers

Point me to where it has ever been for one tenant?

Literally the 1st picture in the artists drawings is of a concert

Wb1234

Referee
Blame the Tigers for that
Tigers have played home games there for close to 20 years

This might shock you but wests traditional territory is actually Ashfield

wests have two sets of fan bases

they have to satisfy both

If anything they are being penalised for this

FYI St George have had upgrades to both grounds whilst splitting between the two

what’s the difference ?

Bukowski

Juniors
Tigers have played home games there for close to 20 years

This might shock you but wests traditional territory is actually Ashfield

wests have two sets of fan bases

they have to satisfy both

If anything they are being penalised for this

FYI St George have had upgrades to both grounds whilst splitting between the two

what’s the difference ?
Difference is no one gives a f**k about old balmain fans like you who never go to games.

Perth Red

Post Whore
It was painful listening to roach and Elias on nrl360 whose only argument for playing in a decrepit stadium that is costing the club millions and embarrassing the competition was that it was a good atmosphere in the streets walking up to the ground And the pubs were busy near by!

Reactions: Vee

Bukowski

Juniors
It was painful listening to roach and Elias on nrl360 whose only argument for playing in a decrepit stadium that is costing the club millions and embarrassing the competition was that it was a good atmosphere in the streets walking up to the ground And the pubs were busy near by!
and they never get invited to anything!! It was just a bitch fest about the tigers.

Reactions: Vee
It's still not as painful as listening to you whine about not having a team based out of Perth Rectangular Shithole.

I love how there was no alternate argument offered. For all those wonderful, full house, sunny afternoon pictures of LO, no one showed a picture of it in the rain.

Love LO. Been there many times and the crowd has always been great in spite what some reports say and I was comfortable not bothering to get a drink due to lines. I’ve also been there on cold, rainy nights standing in the mud with a crowd scraping just under 3k and you think, why the f**k are we still here in this day and age? I get the nostalgia and I have it for the old Sports Ground but I wouldn’t swap it for Allianz in a million years. Ask a Parra fan old enough to remember Cumberland Oval if they would swap it for CommBank.

Time to stop dithering. Tigers together with Wanderers, should commit to and push for Campbeltown to get done. Maybe Wanderers should play at Campbeltown, Penrith and CommBank. At least that way they live up to their name.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Interim Wests Tigers CEO Shane Richardson has revealed his club’s plans to continue to expand the brand in the southwest region of Sydney as they fight a seemingly losing battle with the NSW Government over Leichhardt Oval.

Leichhardt Oval, one of the two spiritual homes of the merger club, has faced heavy criticism as the run-down and unsafe facilities at the venue look set to force the Tigers out of the ground from 2025 and beyond.

The Tigers and Inner West Council urged the NSW Government to help fund some re-development of the ground, but the calls were rejected, leaving the 89-year-old stadium in a dire state.

With a potential full-time move to Campbelltown Stadium firming as the likely outcome for the 2025 season, Richardson shed plenty of light on the Tigers’ strategic plan to grow revenue and brand exposure in Sydney’s
“The financial side of going to Leichhardt… it’s better than Campbelltown but we’ve always taken the crap games to Campbelltown,” Richardson told SEN 1170 Sportsday.

“With all due respect and I’m not having a go at the Titans but they’re not going to draw a lot of people at Campbelltown but this year we’re taking Souths, we’re taking St. George, we’re taking Brisbane (to Campbelltown Stadium), so we’ll get a chance to see how (well) that Campbelltown district does.”

The Campbelltown-Narellan area is forecasted to see a 54 per cent population growth over the next 20 years, making it one of the more lucrative areas across the greater Sydney region.

“It is the biggest growth area in Australia, the population is going to go up by half a million people in the next ten years, it’s a magnificent industrial area (and) we’re opening an office there, which is part of the strategic plan, which we’ve never done before,” Richardson added.

“Certainly, it’s a strategic plan to grow, we’ve got 9,286 juniors, (only) Penrith have the same, we’ll go to ten thousand juniors next year, that’s our aim, we’ll have more juniors than anyone else.

“It’s a licence to print money and it’s a licence to grow a club and hopefully we’ll work with the council, but they’ve got to step up too and improve facilities as well.

“But their facilities are certainly far better and far safer than the ones at Leichhardt.”

When discussing the future of the Tigers staying at Leichhardt Oval beyond the end of this season, Richardson boldly claimed: “We pushed the barrel on Leichhardt, (the NSW government) said no, that’s their decision, it’s not ours, so we’ll have to go somewhere else.”