What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hogan Joins TNA

Misanthrope

Staff member
I'd actually like to see some younger guys try and out NWO the NWO. That'd elevate a few stars while still letting veteran fans get a look their dose of nostalgia.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Rumors now that Hulk and Eric will be booking TNA, which I can't say would be a terrible thing. Russo's not been doing brilliantly, and he's always worked best when he had somebody above him ensuring his crazier ideas didn't get through - ala WWF in the Attitude Era.

With Hulk saying he's not wanting a full time in ring return, there's little risk of him booking himself into a twelve month title reign. Nash seems to have mellowed out considerably since his WCW days too.

Check here: http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/120412/Will-Hulk-Hogan-Be-Running-TNA?-.htm for more on the rumors

And here's Hogan's TNA press conference:

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/120415/[VIDEO]-Hulk-Hogan-TNA-Press-Conference.htm

Last edited:

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Here's hoping Bischoff and co have indeed learnt their lessons from WCW. Otherwise this is going to be a hell of a bumpy ride (most likely ending with a downward spiral.)

Misanthrope

Staff member
Here's hoping Bischoff and co have indeed learnt their lessons from WCW. Otherwise this is going to be a hell of a bumpy ride (most likely ending with a downward spiral.)

Even if that's the case, we'd still get a few years of very good wrestling product out of it before the end. It'd be an improvement on the tripe we get served up of late.

Bulldog Force

Referee
From the press conference involving Hogan and Dixie Carter.

* When asked about Vince Russo (the current head of TNA creative), Hogan said as long as Russo knew his place in the company then everything would be fine.

(There's still speculation he could be on the outer, especially after the AJ Styles spat)

* The feeling is that Hogan will be a major on-screen character for TNA, but wasn't expected to be wrestling on regular basis for the company.

* One part of this deal is that Spike TV will get the first look at the proposed Hogan/Ric Flair reality series. (Which could lead to Flair signing with TNA)

* Were told this was the first of many big announcements to come from TNA and Spike TV. What would be bigger than Hogan and Bischoff signing with the company is anyone's guess. Early speculation is a possible timeslot change for Impact moving to Monday night's to go head-to-head with Raw or additional programming that was announced when TNA signed a new TV deal with Spike this year.

* To reiterate, Dave Meltzer is reporting that they only wanted to announce the signing of Hogan and Bischoff today and that something bigger is expected soon.

On top of that the possibility of going head to head and adding additional programming has caused the rumour mill to go off about possible new signings.

RVD - Unlikely as he's close friends with Booker.
Kennedy - was said to be joining Hogan's tour.
Flair
Goldberg - Close with Hogan and Bischoff, but is involved in other projects and is unlikely.
Any other recent WWE release - this is always the case so nothing new here.

Have to keep in mind that where the wrestling business is concerned, a major announcement rarely turns out to be a major announcement.
There you go. If Goldberg joined, THEN it would be game on :cool:

Misanthrope

Staff member
Definately not WWE already tried and failed miserably.

Because if WWE couldn't do it - nobody could?

Plus they are just winding down the Main Event Mafia - Maybe Hogan could take over from Angle and Angle could turn face????

Angle already did turn face on last week's Impact. Desmond Wolf has debuted as a heel after Angle back-tracked on the MEM idea and complimented a bunch of the Frontline guys.

Thats my point how perfect would it be while the Main Event Mafia's running around like a headless chook Hogan and Bischoff come in and take over and start directing them around, they wouldnt even have to wrestle just be the mic peice and Angle could be the massive underdog! Who else would be a better Godfather then Hogan the ultimate Main eventer!!!! And we all know Hogans power is a heel its earth shattering and this could put over Angle in a huge way........

Ofcourse not CWB, but it would look pretty sh*t for a third rehash wouldnt it? And why bring back the NWO and look like you cant do anything original when you already have a vehicle like the Main Event Mafia.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I'm not sure the crowd would accept Hogan as a heel right away, to be honest. The fans in the Impact Zone are pretty savvy, and they know full well that Hogan's signing could be huge for them. They'll cheer him, and TNA would be nuts to try and make them not.

Secondly, Angle really doesn't need the rub of a feud with Hogan. They've just started him in a program with McGuinness/Wolf and there's still unfinished business between he and Styles.

If Hogan's going to come in and feud, it needs to be with a heel who could benefit from the rub. Samoa Joe springs to mind.

Your right as much as I'd like to see my proposed story line I realised even as writing it too many gaping holes in it for it come to fruition.

Its interesting that Bisch and Hogan are going to be taking a hand in the booking, I think it can only be good personally..... Nash & Steiner ect seem to be doing O/T to put over younger talent and Booker T's been f**ked off, so hopefully this turns into a golden ERA were TNA will go on fire and the WWE might actually give a sh*t again and start trying!!!!

Misanthrope

Staff member
Well, the Hogan/Bischoff booking pairing hasn't been confirmed. The only source is a radio host called Bubba the Love Sponge who is apparently good friends with Hogan.

Ari Gold

Bench
The best thing about this right now is that EVERYONE is talking about TNA... even the activity in this thread shows that.

Misanthrope

Staff member
So they should be. TNA are even talking about taking down WWE and going head to head with them on Monday nights. It's good for the business to see some ambition. It forces TNA to improve their product, and it puts some pressure on the WWE to take some chances rather than just going through the last three years on a constant loop.

Big Pete

Referee
I'd actually like to see some younger guys try and out NWO the NWO. That'd elevate a few stars while still letting veteran fans get a look their dose of nostalgia.

As long as they didn't call themselves the nWo, sure.

Misanthrope said:
Because if WWE couldn't do it - nobody could?

Would you buy into the nWo if it was Hogan, Nash and Hall?

Misanthrope said:
Angle already did turn face on last week's Impact. Desmond Wolf has debuted as a heel after Angle back-tracked on the MEM idea and complimented a bunch of the Frontline guys.

Frontline? I thought TNA buried that stable six months ago.

Because, as bad as they book their young talent, TNA are still doing a better job of producing and pushing young talent than the WWE has been.

Like who?

ROH/WWE produces most of their talent.

In regards to how they're pushed, it's up to debate.

Someone should start a BTB promotion. It'd be interesting to see what kinds of idea's members would come up with.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Hogan with TNA?

jump_the_shark.jpg

Couldn't have put it better, myself.

Ari Gold

Bench
Like who?

ROH/WWE produces most of their talent.

In regards to how they're pushed, it's up to debate.

Someone should start a BTB promotion. It'd be interesting to see what kinds of idea's members would come up with.

Really don't know why i bother with you, but here's a list off the top of my head:

- AJ Styles
- Hernandez
- Eric Young
- Matt Morgan
- Beer Money

Big Pete

Referee
- AJ Styles - Was with a stack of promotions including WCW before joining TNA.
- Hernandez - Worked for a few NWA promotions and even wrestled for the WWE before joining TNA.
- Eric Young - Wrestled for the WWE before going to TNA. Not much of a talent either.
- Matt Morgan - Are you having a lend? :lol:
- Beer Money - James Storm began with WCW. Robert Roode is the only one you listed who began his national career with TNA.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Pete - you're clutching at straws with every single one of them. Eric Young in WWE? Yeah, he was a household name. Outside of Matt Morgan, not a single one of them 'got their start' in any other credible promotion. NWA? WWE dark matches? That's not a 'start', that's a gig.

By that token, who are WWE products? 99% of guys start out somewhere other than WWE/TNA.

Latest posts