What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hogan Joins TNA

Over two reigns, 136 Days.

Considering Old Man Steiner and Booker T held it for over ninety days it doesn't say much for the title. Beer Money Inc. are the best tag team in professional wrestling and they're not getting the exposure they deserve.

Young is doing a fine job as the mouth piece for the WE but he's just so plain. Shelley and Sabin among others deserved the rub before Young did.

Also fans in the Impact Zone may react to Eric Young but he's apart of the reason why nobody cares for the product.

:lol: or maybe its cause tna isnt a live show like raw is
or its the time or channel,most of these excuses are 10 times more likely that what you just said there :?

i hate it when people start to go off at another company when wwe is just as bad

Misanthrope

Staff member
Also fans in the Impact Zone may react to Eric Young but he's apart of the reason why nobody cares for the product.

That seems more like opinion than fact.

Last edited:
Man I love TNA right now. WWE is completely finished for me. Only reason I even think about watching WWE is for Micheals, Orton, Taker etc. Apart from them the rest of the show is a borefest on all 3 programs.

Hey hey welcome to the ride, should be exciting 3 month period I am predicting 12 months ago TNA really peeked but the last 6 months has seemed slapped together am predicting some exciting stuff comming up!

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
How is the WWE just as bad? As far as I know they're far more succesful.

What a poor way of looking at it. TNA has been around for less than a decade, while the WWE has been ingrained into american culture since before Hogan burst onto the scene and took it mainstream (ironic considering the topic of the thread.)

The WWE is an empire that has more money, larger productions, exposure, an established fanbase, etc, I could go on for some time on the advantages WWE has.

That however has nothing to do with their current ability to produce new talent, their current storylines and their current overall product. Pointing to past success as some sort of guide to how their better is a very weak arguement.

Since 2002 TNA has made some great progress in building itself up as a viable no 2 company, and while it is no 2 it continues to attempt to find new ways to bridge what is still a farily large gap with the WWE.

The WWE however has dropped off since that same 2002 period with Raw averging in the low to mid 3's for TV ratings and Smackdown struggling to hit 2.

So regardless of who you see as more successful, TNA has made positive steps forward and the WWE has gone a bit backwards. Both of them have stagnated in the last 3-6 months, but at least TNA is attempting to do something about it.

Big Pete

Referee
Yet the WWE had it's most succesful year in it's history in 2007. To say the WWE is just as bad as TNA is an insult.

Did JJ have sex with your mum or something Big Pete the hostility seems almost personal!

Mate no one(with half a brain) argues that TNA is as big as WWE, not even close I'd imagine that WWE with all its different brands, projects would be 20 times bigger then TNA, but that being said it used to be 50 times and the gap is closing.

Competition in ANYTHING is good, so hopefully TNA closes the gap even more.

WWE from 02 has just been sh*t IMO and as regularly gets brought up it seems to be the same feuds that get rehashed over and over thats why I like TNA they do it to a degree but not to the mind numbing extremes that the WWE does!

How is the WWE just as bad? As far as I know they're far more succesful.

same people in the main events??
fueds lasting no more than a month (im talking more the mid cards)
the fact wwe has turned into a little kids show
good talent being treated like crap(chavo wtf seriously)
and people think tna is bad with storyline but since when was Kofi all of a sudden american lol,do they think all wwe fans are 12 years old and wouldnt notice the difference:lol:

give it up already both companys atm need a lot of work wwe more so
btw dx is dead triple h/shawn your not in your mid 20s anymore

Big Pete

Referee
Baron Vo Mandor said:
Did JJ have sex with your mum or something Big Pete the hostility seems almost personal!

:lol: Yes because being a realist must mean this would have to occur. You're a very sensative lot aren't you? TNA has yet to deliver on it's potential and it's far from the 'awesome' company that many of you have claimed it to be.

Competition in ANYTHING is good, so hopefully TNA closes the gap even more.

I agree but I'm not getting ahead of myself like the rest of you.

WWE from 02 has just been sh*t IMO and as regularly gets brought up it seems to be the same feuds that get rehashed over and over thats why I like TNA they do it to a degree but not to the mind numbing extremes that the WWE does!

Wrestling is a cyclical business and since 2002 the WWE have found a new audience to market to who are obviously keen to invest their well earnt money into the franchise. Yes it may not appeal to us specifically anymore but the WWE could only last so long on it's 'crash style' tv formula without the likes of Austin, The Rock and Foley.

The WWE has found a new formula with a new legion of stars to captivate a new audience. It may appear to be a step back for some but for most it's proving a success as the WWE now has a broader age demographic.

Big Pete

Referee
same people in the main events??

Hello Sting and Angle. At least the WWE main eventers draw more.

fueds lasting no more than a month (im talking more the mid cards)
I've seen TNA drop feuds after just one show for no reason.

the fact wwe has turned into a little kids show
It's a family oriented product and I doubt Vince minds too much.

good talent being treated like crap(chavo wtf seriously)
:lol: Oh boy, TNA has treated their talent far worse.

and people think tna is bad with storyline but since when was Kofi all of a sudden american lol,do they think all wwe fans are 12 years old and wouldnt notice the difference:lol:

Most likely, 12-14 would be apart of the target demographic.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I think the fact WWE has opted to target 6-13 year olds instead of its original target audience is a part of the reason why people on the board are disillusioned with the product. The 'smart marks' aren't interested in buying John Cena shirts, Rey Mysterio masks, or watching Triple H and HBK clear house each and every single week.

You can't blame those of us who grew up on edgy product, heroes with some 'bad' in them, and feuds that really caught the attention for looking for and supporting an alternative.

Turning Point - angle vs joe vs styles
Bound for glory - Aj styles vs sting
No Surrender - AJ vs sting vs hernandez vs angle vs morgan
hard jurstice - Sting vs Angle vs morgan
victory road - angle vs foley

Angle,Foley,Morgan,Hernandez,AJ,Sting have all been in the main events over the past 5 months

wwe raw
Bragging rights = Cena vs orton
hell in a cell = cena vs orton
breaking point = cena vs orton
summerslam = Orton vs cena
night of champions = cena vs orton vs triple H

smackdown is a little more better but in 5 months raw has had a total of 3 players go for the belt
i like long fueds but wwe has pretty much had the same boring storyline with the 2 for 5 months

I think the fact WWE has opted to target 6-13 year olds instead of its original target audience is a part of the reason why people on the board are disillusioned with the product. The 'smart marks' aren't interested in buying John Cena shirts, Rey Mysterio masks, or watching Triple H and HBK clear house each and every single week.

You can't blame those of us who grew up on edgy product, heroes with some 'bad' in them, and feuds that really caught the attention for looking for and supporting an alternative.

edgy like Desmond Wolf :cool: i think wolf would fo fit right in in the attitude era

Last edited:

Misanthrope

Staff member
They're definitely doing their best to establish him as a real star. His work on the new Impact was fantastic (just got done watching it).

Latest posts