What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Cup and NYC Squads

Fibroman

First Grade
The only problem with that idea fibro is that you have to convince player managers not parents they are the ones that fill the players with false hope and the other thing is the talent scouts with open cheque books dont work for penrith they work for storm,roosters and bulldogs so penrith will always lose players to other clubs simply cause they cant offer nowhere the same money they spend all there money to get wayne bennett and players will stay for the opportunity to play under him the dragons juniors will be the teams to beat in the next few years......

Supports the fact that we need to look beyond Matt Elliott if we are to have any hope in the near future.

You need only look at the difference a player like Petero has made to the club with his experience and professionalism.

We can only imagine what might have been if we'd been able to secure the services of someone like Jamie Lyon when he was on the market or someone like Orford or Trent Barrett? Instead we spend our money on a heap of 2nd tier players so our reserve grade side reaches the GF.

stretcher

Juniors
Supports the fact that we need to look beyond Matt Elliott if we are to have any hope in the near future.

You need only look at the difference a player like Petero has made to the club with his experience and professionalism.

We can only imagine what might have been if we'd been able to secure the services of someone like Jamie Lyon when he was on the market or someone like Orford or Trent Barrett? Instead we spend our money on a heap of 2nd tier players so our reserve grade side reaches the GF.
Spot on good players change a club and so do good coaches.....

Fibroman

First Grade
The John Lang theory of 'Just go forward and the rest will happen' from 2003 just doesn't cut it any more, and neither does the 2 hit ups and Luke Walsh drifting across the field for an inside ball to a flat footed matt Bell or Gavin Cooper.

We've signed Jennings for 5 years? well.........now we need to sign a coach that will ensure that we get the best out of Jennings. Jason Taylor, Daniel Anderson and Stephen Kearney would all be a step in the right direction.

maple_69

Bench
Elliott's contract is up next year. If we start the year well I can't see us axing him but I've always thought Anderson would suit our team well. I think he'd be the guy to release our backline.

franklin2323

Immortal
Elliott's contract is up next year. If we start the year well I can't see us axing him but I've always thought Anderson would suit our team well. I think he'd be the guy to release our backline.

The problem with Anderson despite the fact I like him. Warriors and Parra both punted him because the islanders didn't get on with him. We have quite a few and have signed 2 more for next year. So he may not be the coach for us

BOMAR

Juniors
The problem with Anderson despite the fact I like him. Warriors and Parra both punted him because the islanders didn't get on with him. We have quite a few and have signed 2 more for next year. So he may not be the coach for us

The world has gone crazy, I thought it was up to the player to get along with the coach, not the other way round.

maple_69

Bench
Granted, however, look at Elliott's record. His best season is 2nd week of the finals and supposedly all he players love him. Anderson has taken two teams full of islanders to nrl gfs, peaking at the right time which Elliott can't seem to manage. He may not Foster the best relationships with his players but he gets them performing.

franklin2323

Immortal
The world has gone crazy, I thought it was up to the player to get along with the coach, not the other way round.

Well a coach needs to manage the players. 2 teams both high islander percentage both a GF 2 seasons later he is lining up at Centrelink.

Maybe he has poor people skills who knows

franklin2323

Immortal
Granted, however, look at Elliott's record. His best season is 2nd week of the finals and supposedly all he players love him. Anderson has taken two teams full of islanders to nrl gfs, peaking at the right time which Elliott can't seem to manage. He may not Foster the best relationships with his players but he gets them performing.

Elliotts overall record is 52% win percentage so it's reasonable in itself. I must admit up until us bowing out in straight weeks in finals we had improved our performance in big games although we did have a terrrible injury run in the last couple of games. 3 that spring to mind are Souths (To wrap up a finals and end a losing streak), Manly (Breast cancer game), Sharks (To wrap up 2nd place- No Petero, Walsh, Coote, Lewis) at home IMO our 3 best performances for quite a while.

As for Anderson. Yes he got Parra to a GF last year now where are they. Still no premiership. No coach and back to the start again what if Hayne, Moi Moi and co that pushed him out don't like this new coach? I hope Anderson picks up a gig somewhere he's a good coach. Just not with a team with a great percentage of islanders like we are.

maple_69

Bench
I've been disappointed with his coaching this year also. Seems his style is to develop skills and work with played to utilize their natural talent in games rather than creating complex structured plays like a Bellamy. This has faulted ina pretty inconsistent record as players and teams are more prone to form change.
thinking about our current squad though we really don't have.many islanders and more. Josefa and Paulo are the only two i can see playing round 1 next year, while Nafe and aroma may get a go at some point.

franklin2323

Immortal
We have Jennings and Petero also. I think we made progression this year. We have our 1,7,9 locking in just need a 6.

I think we tried to ease players into 1st grade rather hold them back. Now Coote, walsh, Kingston and co are established. I would expect them to go to their natural game McKendry offload etc.

If no improvement then out the door with him. I think we should get A coach from within. Georgallis, Melville or someone atleast we know the players like and know the coach

stretcher

Juniors
I've been disappointed with his coaching this year also. Seems his style is to develop skills and work with played to utilize their natural talent in games rather than creating complex structured plays like a Bellamy. This has faulted ina pretty inconsistent record as players and teams are more prone to form change.
thinking about our current squad though we really don't have.many islanders and more. Josefa and Paulo are the only two i can see playing round 1 next year, while Nafe and aroma may get a go at some point.
there is no problem with anderson the problem is that parra has to many bosses and thats why coaches have left there lets not forget jason taylor left brian smith left it all revolves around fitzgerald he had stability now its a race to get on the board ex players think they are owed something....none of the players would of questioned fitzy..

Fibroman

First Grade
I been around for a while and worked in a few different organisations. Bad boss = poor performance. Every team/club needs a boss that is hard, but fair. Players will only respect someone that has been there and done that. We could probably do worse than trying to get someone like Ricky Stuart or Brad Fittler.

stretcher

Juniors
Nyc,Whos over age in season 2011?
And whos the replacements
over age players are as follows ,everett,goldsmith,jones,sarafu,fonoti,pritchard,farkas,waddell,berryman,fraser,twist,duff,grace,mitch davis players staying moylan,pelasio,malakai,austin,seijka,mahoney,cook,alan eisunhuth,tori willie,horton penitani,kilifi tia kilifi,samson sene, and all sgball and academy players are trialling

murraymob

Coach
you would think nearly all the overage players will be gone as there option is windsor and not many would get a run.Everet has a 2 year deal with penrith so he will be there

franklin2323

Immortal
you would think nearly all the overage players will be gone as there option is windsor and not many would get a run.Everet has a 2 year deal with penrith so he will be there

I am hearing for Windsor next year:

6. Farkas
7. Jones
9. Goldsmith
12. Faiku

Waddell will prob get a Penrith Contract or leave. The rest are rubbish so prob wont get a start

Big Mick

Referee
Hopefully Waddell stays and gets fit.

Geez I'd love to see him fit and firing. He'd be so good to have in first grade in the #4 at some point.

Kilkenny

Coach
It would be fantastic to see young Waddell fill his potential with the 'Panthers' and not another club. The kid deserves a change in fortunes as he had a horrid run of bad luck with injuries. He must have run over a black cat while walking under the ladder he shouldn't have?